IGNORED

Horace's Fourth Birthday wish - BCFC v Wolves

Aizoon

4 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

It's a little known fact that at midnight on New Years Eve, hedgehogs come out of hibernation, knock back several slugs of whisky, and roll up again until March. Hence the term Hogmany, corrupted to Hogmanay in Northern parts. It has been conjectured that the singing of Auld Lang Syne with linked arms originated as a protective measure against rampaging drunken hedgehogs  

Sadly, those few who have observed this phenomenon have been accused of indulging in too many slugs of electric soup themselves :( 

That's amazing!   I never knew that.  I always thought the Scots were a bit *****ily, that explains it. 

11 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Lets hope Horace slips under a bonfire and gets the birthday roasting he deserves ;)

Blimey.. i made a freudian slip about Horace and a big cauldron of juicy sauces the other week and got ripped a piece for it before admitting I had accidentally missed a few important words. I would pack the chutney now and do a runner. 

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Blimey.. i made a freudian slip about Horace and a big cauldron of juicy sauces the other week and got ripped a piece for it before admitting I had accidentally missed a few important words. I would pack the chutney now and do a runner. 

It's alright, Havana. Some people should look very carefully under their bed before removing their socks tonight, though :nono: 

16 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

It's a little known fact that at midnight on New Years Eve, hedgehogs come out of hibernation, knock back several slugs of whisky, and roll up again until March. Hence the term Hogmany, corrupted to Hogmanay in Northern parts. It has been conjectured that the singing of Auld Lang Syne with linked arms originated as a protective measure against rampaging drunken hedgehogs  

Sadly, those few who have observed this phenomenon have been accused of indulging in too many slugs of electric soup themselves :( 

There welcome to all the slugs they want at Robbo Mansion. My kitchen is currently overrun with the slimy little bastards every night. Can't figure out how they are getting in....

1 minute ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Can't believe people are really discussing an imaginery birthday of a wooly toy on OTIB.

How the mighy have fallen - I'm off to stick my head in a bucket of sand and pretend it's not happening .

Excuse me! I'm discussing slug problems actually, AR.

Surely what football chat is all about... :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

RR would be better off, if he put half a ton of chippings on his kitchen floor, they won't slide over them, as it sucks up their slime.

Can't see Mrs Robbo going for that! 

I put salt down and sweep it up in the morning, but its hygroscopic (I had to look that up) properties leave the floor unpleasantly damp.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Excuse me! I'm discussing slug problems actually, AR.

Surely what football chat is all about... :ph34r:

Quite right too. A strip of copper tape on the floor in the doorway will deter the little beggars. Anyone who's ever stepped barefoot on a slug will appreciate that advice. 

44 minutes ago, bristol south end said:

Happy birthday.  Your a bit of a Saturday Radio star.  Saw some of you friends today while out cycling.  They seemed a bit flat!

Very sad. They get quite dozy around half past October. 

Geoff 20person and Horace are old pals :) 

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Four?

If he was at Highbury for Cheese's Big One, like you've always said, you must have left a nought off.

I reckon he's actually at least 42.

No. He wanted to be photographed in front of it, though. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Well Happy Birthday Horace also a Scorpio (Scorpio and my name is Horace...The Floaters was it not)...

Happy with the win I Hope...Hear from you satdee on Chat?

Surely will, Oxo. Horace says it was the perfect birthday present (along with a smart waistcoat and several bottles of Old *****ly) :D

6 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Horace thanks you all for your kind words and thanks BCFC for the special gift of a win against Wolves. Here he is with his birthday presents.

2015-11-04 11.07.30A.jpg

.......... we've all collected certain things in our lives ....... stamps ....... badges ......... fine wines .......... hedgehog memorabilia ............

I think it is really great to have a hobby or interest, just as long as you don't appear to be mentally ill / living in a parallel universe whilst doing so.

"Keep this standard up".

Uncle TFR

xxxx

Archived