IGNORED

Horace's Fourth Birthday wish - BCFC v Wolves

Aizoon

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

Tell Horace I can remember November 7th 1998...... BCFC 1 v 6 Wolves

This season is so resembling that season it's unreal.

Sorry Horace....welcome to a lifetime of despair ;-) Blame your Dad ;-)

I haven't shown him that one :nono: Leave him his dreams, eh?

7 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Happy birthday Horace. I expect you'll be downing a few jars of old *****ly. That's a nice scarf by the way, did you find it in Clifton?

Should have got in some of that Old *****ly. Will do next year. He'll have to make do with Isle of Jura single malt ;)

PS My good lady wife knitted the scarf for his second birthday. 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Tell Horace I can remember November 7th 1998...... BCFC 1 v 6 Wolves

This season is so resembling that season it's unreal.

Sorry Horace....welcome to a lifetime of despair ;-) Blame your Dad ;-)

Can we expect 3 little piggies fighting a wolf tomorrow ??

18 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Horace is four tomorrow, and his birthday wish is that we beat Wolves for his birthday treat. We can arrange that, can't we? 1-0 will do, although LOTS-0 would be even nicer.

2015-10-16 22.25.26.jpg

Ok , i'm going to say it ..,

Horace does n't look real.

either we've been swept up in an old man's fantasy world and you're all wishing Happy Birthday to a soft toy or Horace is wearing a rather fetching hedgehog costume.

I favour the latter explanation.

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Happy Birthday Horace, swerved to avoid one of your relations the other night, why do they always wander the country roads drunk ?

I blame the scrumpy myself. This time of year, the windfalls rot, and you know what that makes :drunk2: 

I recall from last year that there are a lot of posters on here with November birthdays. Mine is too and I remember putting a few at ease after two defeats on the bounce with the revelation that whenever City play a team in blue on my birthday City win and City were due to play Peterborough on my birthday on the Friday night...and duly won at a canter.

The bad news is I haven't informed you what happens when City play a team who traditionally play in red and white on my birthday...and we have such a fixture on my birthday this year v Rotherham. So we deffo need a couple of wins before that fixture.

21 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Horace is four tomorrow, and his birthday wish is that we beat Wolves for his birthday treat. We can arrange that, can't we? 1-0 will do, although LOTS-0 would be even nicer.

2015-10-16 22.25.26.jpg

Bullshit is he 4.

I have been posting Horace recipies on OTIB for the past 5 years at least.

Do you mean 4 'stuffed hedgehog' years, or human years.

If he over 4, he is technically the hog equal to mutton, which requires a much slower, longer cooking.

Happy Birthday, Horace, or should I call you supper??

Uncle TFR

47 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Bullshit is he 4.

I have been posting Horace recipies on OTIB for the past 5 years at least.

Do you mean 4 'stuffed hedgehog' years, or human years.

If he over 4, he is technically the hog equal to mutton, which requires a much slower, longer cooking.

Happy Birthday, Horace, or should I call you supper??

Uncle TFR

I find your insinuations about Horace's age unseemly and ungentlemanly :( 

I also feel that I should warn you that hedgehogs are proverbially indigestible and that an exclusively erinaceid diet may well result in cries of "Rennies for Taxi For Rennie!" :( 

22 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Happy Birthday Horace!   it's a shame he wasn't born on January the First, or it would be a Happy Hogmany!

It's a little known fact that at midnight on New Years Eve, hedgehogs come out of hibernation, knock back several slugs of whisky, and roll up again until March. Hence the term Hogmany, corrupted to Hogmanay in Northern parts. It has been conjectured that the singing of Auld Lang Syne with linked arms originated as a protective measure against rampaging drunken hedgehogs  

Sadly, those few who have observed this phenomenon have been accused of indulging in too many slugs of electric soup themselves :( 

Archived