IGNORED

John is a strikers name.

Rich

John Goater

John Jordan

John Agostino.

John Garland

John Royle

Super John Taylor ( delete, wasn't that a bloody gas player? :angry:)

John Cole

John Dziekanowski

John Emanuel -Thomas

Alright I know, load of crap but who cares, we just beat ******* Wolves.:chant6ez::bounce: :sun:

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

John Goater

John Jordan

John Agostino.

John Garland

John Royle

John Cole

John Dziekanowski

John Emanuel -Thomas

Alright I know, load of crap but who cares, we just beat ******* Wolves.:chant6ez::bounce: :sun:

I'll give you Goater.

Reminds me of the Johnny Cash song 'A striker named John'.

John Thorpe

John Seal

John Allison

John Akinbye

John Peacock

John Anderson

John John

John Adebola

John Trundle

John Baldock

John Nugent

John Shuwommni (spl?)

It's never dawned on me before just how many John's we've had.  

And who could forget John Savage?  So John he was John.

9 hours ago, Rich said:

All derivatives of the same name, add in sean, shaun. ian, ewan, allan, and numerous others.

I  am a Jonathan. Jonathans are shortened to Jon or Jonty NEVER JOHN!!  Jonathan Kodjia and Jonathan Stead would not be referred to as John. It's rather like having the name Stanley and instead of having it shortened to Stan being called Stahn instead. 

Jonathan and John mean different things in Hebrew. Jonathan is a longer form of Nathan, it is not derived from John!

14 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

I  am a Jonathan. Jonathans are shortened to Jon or Jonty NEVER JOHN!!  Jonathan Kodjia and Jonathan Stead would not be referred to as John. It's rather like having the name Stanley and instead of having it shortened to Stan being called Stahn instead. 

Jonathan and John mean different things in Hebrew. Jonathan is a longer form of Nathan, it is not derived from John!

But we're not talking Hebrew are we?  Same name different spellng in different languages, but I take your point.

15 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

I'm a "Jonathan " too and ******* hate it!

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎23‎:‎33‎:‎57, Nogbad the Bad said:

John Goater

John Jordan

John Agostino.

John Garland

John Royle

John Cole

John Dziekanowski

John Emanuel -Thomas

You're just being silly now. John Emmanuel was a midfielder.

On 04/11/2015, 08:41:28, handsofclay1909 said:

And vice versa which is even more annoying :grr:

Bless you all for your replies and putting up with my little tantrum. But as experienced by other Jonathans, it feels like you have to spend your whole life explaining that one isn't a John. I sometimes feel like wearing a toilet seat around my neck and then I wouldn't feel quite so bad about being mistaken for a John.

Btw, there is nothing wrong with the name John, and it's great if that is your name, it's just that it isn't my name. Jonny, Jonty or Jon are fine as shortened versions, and it seems in France that Jimmy is also used whereas over here we apply that to James. I suppose it is rather like the name Marie. I dare say Maries get a bit hot under the collar if they are called Mary.

Archived