IGNORED

"Bristol's a shithole" ... really, Wolves fans?

Rudolf Hucker

One of the most remarkable chants I've ever heard broke out from the Wolves fans shortly after the start of the match: "Bristol's a shithole, I wanna go home". It was, not surprisingly, greeted by universal laughter from at least the Dolman and Atyeo. A few of us appear to have been to Wolverhampton and are well qualified to judge! I think probably the majority of Wolves fans were suitably embarrassed because I never heard it, or them, again all night. 

They all sing it. Everywhere. 

It must be the most boring and unoriginal song in league football and - yes - particularly ironic when being half-heartedly droned by the denizens of England's crappiest town.

Still, on Saturday we had "you're just a shit Bristol Rovers" from fans of a club who've spent their entire post-war history in the shadow of another one quarter of a mile down the road!

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

They all sing it. Everywhere. 

It must be the most boring and unoriginal song in league football and - yes - particularly ironic when being half-heartedly droned by the denizens of England's crappiest town.

Still, on Saturday we had "you're just a shit Bristol Rovers" from fans of a club who've spent their entire post-war history in the shadow of another one quarter of a mile down the road!

It is indeed, a crap song.

If you "wanna go home", then go on, **** off, nobody is stopping you !

7 hours ago, Aizoon said:

I think it was ironical. At least I hope so...

A sign of insecurity there Aiz.. ?Cheer up and pump your chest out fella... Brizzle is simply gurt lush. The ironic laughter from the City fans at AG shows that we are, as a whole, a pretty self assured bunch. 

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

Yes I was watching ITV central news last week and they had a piece saying something like Wolverhampton is the most miserable place to live.

Only in the UK do you have a regional TV channel besmirching one of its own urban areas in the name of openness. 

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Visit Wolverhampton by train. That way, one can pass through it without setting foot in it!

Visiting wolves from the north, it is not too bad. Some nice countryside and canals and some peaceful villages as you approach the city centre.

Visiting wolves from the south, it looks terrible. Plenty of derelict waste land and old abandoned warehouses. Not the best impression really. 

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

Visiting wolves from the south, it looks terrible. Plenty of derelict waste land and old abandoned warehouses. Not the best impression really. 

TBH, visiting most places by train gives a pretty poor impression - including Bristol, coming in from the East to TM is pretty uninspiring, even now!

Wolves is a dump; however, it is only a Category 2 dump.  This ranks it alongside places like Hull, but below Cat 1 hellholes like Luton, Immingham, Walsall, Newport (Wales), Slough, etc.

6 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

It is indeed, a crap song.

If you "wanna go home", then go on, **** off, nobody is stopping you !

Something I have often shouted across the divide at games. I always think it would be a great response from the club if there was a tannoy announcement after it "At the request of the Wolves fans the gates at the rear of the Atyeo have been opened and they are free to leave". :yes:

Archived