IGNORED

Chris Powell Sacked

BS4 on Tour...

2-2 at Reading is obviously not good enough, that seems like an odd decision

Reading also cost me a 3 team BTTS and one to win acca last night, the bastards

Edit - I can imagine the outcry from Jason Roberts et al on this, helmets on, it's obviously because Powell is black that he got the sack

9 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Just informed the Huddersfield season ticket holder in my office, he's in shock and thinks it's a poor move. Powell was doing an ok job on a limited budget for me

Yep, doing a good job on a limited budget.

Not that it has anything to do with his sacking; but a thoroughly decent bloke too !

I think this links nicely with the post Reg started about who in theory people would want if we did change managers. Looking at the betting for the next Huddersfield manager there isn't (for me) a stand-out candidate.

Rosler 2-1

Hasslebank 6-1

Mark Lillis (who) 6-1

Malky Mackay 5-1

Alan Irvine 12-1

Alex Mcleish 12-1

Micky Mellon 12-1

Nigel Pearson 16-1

Lee Clark 10-1

6 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I think this links nicely with the post Reg started about who in theory people would want if we did change managers. Looking at the betting for the next Huddersfield manager there isn't (for me) a stand-out candidate.

Rosler 2-1

Hasslebank 6-1

Mark Lillis (who) 6-1

Malky Mackay 5-1

Alan Irvine 12-1

Alex Mcleish 12-1

Micky Mellon 12-1

Nigel Pearson 16-1

Lee Clark 10-1

Malky Mackay or Nigel Pearson for me. Both know how to get out of this league.

Hudds had a decent result against Reading but the wider picture is only 1 win in 7.  In some ways, the fact Bolton, Charlton and Rotherham are doing so badly flatters everyone else

I'm surprised that Freedman at Forest (no win in 8 games) and Lennon at Bolton (1 win all season) haven't got the boot

13 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

Hudds had a decent result against Reading but the wider picture is only 1 win in 7.  In some ways, the fact Bolton, Charlton and Rotherham are doing so badly flatters everyone else

I'm surprised that Freedman at Forest (no win in 8 games) and Lennon at Bolton (1 win all season) haven't got the boot

Maybe Bolton really have it the last buffer and can't afford to sack him (the last I read they we just shy of £200m in debt).

8 hours ago, Loderingo said:

It must be because they are not black

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just a quickie to any mods who may be on here, I started this thread with the title 'Another manager gone...' And it was changed to 'Chris Powell Sacked' - not a big issue but just wondered why you felt you had to change it?!

Wasn't it merged as someone else started a thread with that title (and on the same subject)?

Huddersfield are linked with a Yank who used to work with Klopp at Dortmund, with the U23s

Appointing him, no experience of English football, is far worse a problem than the colour of the skin. I doubt Huddersfield, or any club, care what colour their manager is, but if you're struggling and appointing someone from outside the country who's only worked with youth team....good luck to them

Archived