IGNORED

Possible signing?

trims

1 hour ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Joe Cole would certainly be an answer to our midfield though. He's been sensational for Coventry in the 3 games he's played and you won't see many better goals than his last night in the premier league.

Not sure I'm asking the same question. I don't think it's Joe Cole's flair we particularly need but rather a bit of a bruiser who will want to tackle you just for crossing the half-way line. Someone in the mould of Tommy Doc (minus the 8 pints) would be perfect for our side I would reckon.

• Admin
1 hour ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Joe Cole would certainly be an answer to our midfield though. He's been sensational for Coventry in the 3 games he's played and you won't see many better goals than his last night in the premier league.

Great goal last night, but he is massively short of fitness. Not played more than an hour yet, and was even rested the other Saturday after getting subbed at half time against Swindon.

Was watching the game last night with a Spurs fan, he said our midfield would be ideal for Alex Pritchard strong tackling ballwinner, was in the PFA team of the year last season whilst on loan at Bretford, and has fallen out of favour at Spurs

18 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Not sure I'm asking the same question. I don't think it's Joe Cole's flair we particularly need but rather a bit of a bruiser who will want to tackle you just for crossing the half-way line. Someone in the mould of Tommy Doc (minus the 8 pints) would be perfect for our side I would reckon.

Completely agree, but not sure how many there are that fit the bill at our level

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Completely agree, but not sure how many there are that fit the bill at our level

I certainly couldn't name one. I wonder what a focused Tommy Doc would be worth in today's market?! 

But then again I reckon for that player we ought to look lower in the Leagues, maybe out of it. 

I don't think getting someone technically strong is imperative, but someone who will put their body on the line and just sit on the halfway line being terrier-like and taking cynical bookings is. I think our team are technically strong enough to carry someone who is off, but not too far off, pace in that department... But only so long as they had potential to improve that area and had the Steve Torpey 'I'd have walked Ashton Gate to sign for Bristol city' attitude. 

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

England youth star doubt they'd sell him. 

Doesn't have to be permanent, we could always gazump the loan deal. A bit like that player we had on loan from Chelsea and then went and joined Forest*

*Thinking about it, did he join Forest permanently or on loan?

2 hours ago, beaverface said:

Doesn't have to be permanent, we could always gazump the loan deal. A bit like that player we had on loan from Chelsea and then went and joined Forest*

*Thinking about it, did he join Forest permanently or on loan?

It was on loan as he now plays for niemenjen in holland 

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Was watching the game last night with a Spurs fan, he said our midfield would be ideal for Alex Pritchard strong tackling ballwinner, was in the PFA team of the year last season whilst on loan at Bretford, and has fallen out of favour at Spurs

I thought he was a winger...or wide midfielder at best?

Archived