IGNORED

Bennett to be recalled ?

Major Isewater

I was just thinking how settled Bennett looks now this rumour emerges. We will be weaker without him for sure. I do like a Little, but Bennett is such an obvious upgrade. I also fear it's only a matter of time before he picks up another injury, he seems to get more than his fair share which keep him out for weeks rather than days sadly.

29 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was just thinking how settled Bennett looks now this rumour emerges. We will be weaker without him for sure. I do like a Little, but Bennett is such an obvious upgrade. I also fear it's only a matter of time before he picks up another injury, he seems to get more than his fair share which keep him out for weeks rather than days sadly.

I do like a Little '

don't we all , Em ?

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

I was chatting to a Norwich fan yesterday and he reckons Bennett is the bee's knees. Apparently the club management doesn't agree. FWIW, I seriously rate him :)

Played really well at Cardiff, seemed to be held back a bit in the last two home games - maybe something in his comments about more running than before 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Little has a bit more body strength but Bennett has the ball skills IMO. 

The technique and football intelligence is worth more than the body strength I reckon. One of the major differences in the championship is how clever the players are (in a football sense only) and how lack of positional sense, wasted passes etc are exploited. 

The fact the Bennett has brought that higher degree of competence and ball retention down the right is one of the main reasons we've looked more solid defensively (excluding Fulham) IMO, along with Baker who also has that quality and nouse. 

48 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What did he say?

Q: could you see yourself dropping down a league to become a permanent figure for a team in the Championship?

EB: I wouldn't call it 'dropping down'.  You're only dropping down if you're already playing in a higher level, but I've not been playing at Norwich.  There's nothing more frustrating than training hard through the week, and not getting to play at the end of it.  At the moment I'm progressing my own career by playing football and I'm enjoying it again, which is all I ever want to do.

I'm not suggesting he is in anyway saying he'd sign for us, but he hasn't shut the door has he!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Q: could you see yourself dropping down a league to become a permanent figure for a team in the Championship?

EB: I wouldn't call it 'dropping down'.  You're only dropping down if you're already playing in a higher level, but I've not been playing at Norwich.  There's nothing more frustrating than training hard through the week, and not getting to play at the end of it.  At the moment I'm progressing my own career by playing football and I'm enjoying it again, which is all I ever want to do.

I'm not suggesting he is in anyway saying he'd sign for us, but he hasn't shut the door has he!

Thanks for that. Just doing the sensible thing and keeping his options open although if I had to bet my life on it I would say he`s more keen than not and I reckon he knows we`d be happy to sign him if the deal was right. I suspect we`ll extend his loan in January until the end of the season and see where we are then league wise.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Thanks for that. Just doing the sensible thing and keeping his options open although if I had to bet my life on it I would say he`s more keen than not and I reckon he knows we`d be happy to sign him if the deal was right. I suspect we`ll extend his loan in January until the end of the season and see where we are then league wise.

Be nice to think so.

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No he's just gave the come and get me stuff,which is fair enough,let's hope it's us and Rotherham in for him then we will be dancing down north street

53 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Are we able to sign him on a longer loan? I thought we couldn't because it's an emergency loan, same issue that we had with Smith last year. 

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Are we able to sign him on a longer loan? I thought we couldn't because it's an emergency loan, same issue that we had with Smith last year. 

You could be right, I`m not sure. Wasn`t the MS issue that he`d played for three clubs in a season or something though? I`m sure it was a particular problem with just that deal for some reason. It was done to death at the time so I`m sure someone will have the answer.

Archived