IGNORED

SC Post Match Interviews

allyolly

After hearing how at times SC could be quite petulant and difficult in post match interviews when things hadn't gone our way I am really impressed with how he comes across.   Obviously we didn't have to hear too many post match interviews when things hadn't gone our way last season. This season when things haven't quite gone our way, particularly with penalty decisions and some soft late goals, he has generally been positive , level headed and accurate in his analysis.

What I really love is how he seems genuinely behind each and every player in the squad. That's got to be great for team spirit and morale which a lot of the players seem to       comment on.

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He really does seem to be behind them,and them him,that is no bad thing,

The opposite to some of our former managers. I remember one in particular who always blamed the players for "not doing their job" after a defeat. 

The team spirit is fantastic. The players are fighting for him in every minute of every game. Even the 4-1 loss to Fulham, we won the second half and were fighting till the end, that says a lot. You can't take all that for granted. When you see how Wolves seemed to give up against us when we were keeping the ball so well late in the game, I have yet to see this with us under Cotterill. People moaning about his post match interviews is a bit pathetic. If we lose or are left disappointed with a draw then it does not really matter what cotts says as long as the belief and team spirit is still there for the next match. He's a bad loser who sticks with his players, I like that.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The opposite to some of our former managers. I remember one in particular who always blamed the players for "not doing their job" after a defeat. 

Because a certain manager thought the best way to succeed in the Championship was to buy in experienced players and his trusted lieutenants . There's a difference when you have this type of player that you know is capable but does n't perform to a young inexperienced team that are still learning their trade and who ,in many cases, has n't got a ready made replacement in the squad to replace him;

It's called ' Man Management .

Do you never go out Robbo ?,you seem to spend all your time on here trolling ,you big lummox !

I prefer his interviews after games on Sky. He takes is time to think about the question before answering. Doesn't reply with too many cliches and is quite honest about the tactics and what he tries.

He can come across as a bit of a sore loser, but he is a passionate bloke and he wants to win every game perfectly.

47 minutes ago, grifty said:

I prefer his interviews after games on Sky. He takes is time to think about the question before answering. Doesn't reply with too many cliches and is quite honest about the tactics and what he tries.

He can come across as a bit of a sore loser, but he is a passionate bloke and he wants to win every game perfectly.

Agree, that may also be down to the questioning. The questions on player and BBC RB are inadvertently closed questions or even statements which damages the interview. It's a real bugbear of mine, wish they'd ask proper questions!

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agree, that may also be down to the questioning. The questions on player and BBC RB are inadvertently closed questions or even statements which damages the interview. It's a real bugbear of mine, wish they'd ask proper questions!

Too  right ,also Adam ' very much so '  Baker :gaah:,

type ' question '  " Was this a game of missed opportunities ? "

" Were you happy with a clean sheet ? "

If he's Head of Communications i'd hate to see who else applied for the job .

How much do we as supporters learn from his 'communication' .

RANT OVER .

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

RANT OVER .

If the question can be answered with "yes" or "no" it shouldn't be included but every time they are.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

RANT OVER .

"Who else applied for the job"?  I heard that Robbored sent in his CV but didn't get a reply 

Archived