IGNORED

Smith's 'Player' interview

Major Isewater

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought he showed more maturity than Cott's who complained about the pens etc , the lad just took all the positives and accepted philosophically that football is like that . Lovely lad ,great attitude .

:clap:

Cotts was right however that these lads are a credit to the club .

Korey Smith seems to be a model pro and fitting that he takes the captaincy when Wilbs isn't playing. 

But I think Cotts has got every right to complain at the penalties not given. In my opinion it's not sour grapes just complete frustration that at least 3 nailed on      penalties haven't been awarded this                 season. Then minimal contact and a dive that Tom Daley would be proud of gets given against us. 

9 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Korey Smith seems to be a model pro and fitting that he takes the captaincy when Wilbs isn't playing. 

But I think Cotts has got every right to complain at the penalties not given. In my opinion it's not sour grapes just complete frustration that at least 3 nailed on      penalties haven't been awarded this                 season. Then minimal contact and a dive that Tom Daley would be proud of gets given against us. 

He has every right, bearing in mind the following:

- it won't get us those pens retrospectively

- it won't make pens more likely for us in the future

- it does entrench views that he is a bad losing whinger.

I'm not a fan of Cotterill's constant moaning about referees but he's hardly the only manager to be like it. It's a high-pressure job so a couple of decisions against him is clearly going to be very frustrating. As long as he doesn't let his frustrations get to the team (which they haven't so far) or get himself fined/banned by the FA then I say he can carry on moaning if he wants to.

Archived