IGNORED

Agard or Wilbs?

reddogkev

I know he's only played two games, so he still needs to build up match fitness before reaching his best form, but we've now had a chance to see Agard play a couple of games in the Championship.

So who do you think is better, or more importantly, better suited to this level -  Agard or Wilbs?

I didn't see the last 2 games, so interested to know the opinion of those who did.

For me, Wilbs should've started yesterday.  Would've fancied him to score against Bolton, just seems like the type of match that might've suited the older warrior, especially after being rested during the week.

For me Reddog it would be ' Who gets the best out of / works with JK' 

its a fair question you pose but I think KA needs the oportunity to have some games with JK to be able to judge with any accuracy.

It also affects the way play of course - no point throwing balls at Agard in the air or putting balls over the top for Wilbs

For what it's worth I'd stick with KA at the moment - see how him and JK work together and what effect it has in the way we play - I'm hoping it will make us keep possession better - give Wilbs a bit of a chance to recharge the batteries

Id actually be tempted to go with Jk playing as a lone striker with KA possibly operating on attacking right of a midfield 4 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For me Reddog it would be ' Who gets the best out of / works with JK' 

its a fair question you pose but I think KA needs the oportunity to have some games with JK to be able to judge with any accuracy.

It also affects the way play of course - no point throwing balls at Agard in the air or putting balls over the top for Wilbs

For what it's worth I'd stick with KA at the moment - see how him and JK work together and what effect it has in the way we play - I'm hoping it will make us keep possession better - give Wilbs a bit of a chance to recharge the batteries

Good point Super Bob, so far I think Wilbs has shown himself as a decent partner for Kodjia, and because of that I reckon they should continue, with Agard getting regular time on the pitch and stepping up when Wilbs drops off the pace or clearly needs a break.  Be interesting to see who starts upfront in two weeks time.

4 points from 2 games says I'd stick with Agard for now. I like Wilbraham though and don't think he was anywhere near deserving of the criticism he's received this season so early on. I felt Wilbs was forming a decent partnership with Kodjia (they've got 13 goals between them I think) that was just being let down by naive defending and other players over committing when going forward.

51 minutes ago, roe said:

4 points from 2 games says I'd stick with Agard for now. I like Wilbraham though and don't think he was anywhere near deserving of the criticism he's received this season so early on. I felt Wilbs was forming a decent partnership with Kodjia (they've got 13 goals between them I think) that was just being let down by naive defending and other players over committing when going forward.

Was he criticised , or was it just that we could see that he was knackered and Cott's still played him ?

I think most felt that it was bordering on cruel to keep picking him and even Cotts admitted that he was 'flogging ' the poor lad .The biggest criticism was that Cotts did n't use the subs available to give him a break when clearly he was out on his feet ;

For me I'd like to see them both rotated for a bit. KA needs time with JK but he is just getting back. No need to just throw him out for 90 minutes every time out. Thought yesterday would've been a perfect game for Wilbs where Bolton were always going to be tough to score against at home. Wilbs could've bullied and been a target in the box for crosses. Then KA against tired legs for 20-30 minutes. We need to find that balance as well as getting KA time with JK.

COX.Why sign him if you are never going to start him.A waste of the  players ability and of the clubs money and I would have thought a disincentive for loan players coming to Ashton Gate.Also did I read that Robinson plays for the U21's.He also must wonder why he bothered to sign for us.

In some ways I think the likes of Cox, Robinson and Moore (to a lesser extent because of injury) not playing has shown that maybe they're not as good as we or themselves think they are....and maybe a boost to the current incumbents of the shirt.

but would I rather not have them in the squad.....nope.  You'd be moaning like hell, if Ayling got injured and we had to recall El-Abd, because Moore wasn't on the bench.

Sometimes they say you're only as good as your bench....well for sone games we didn't have a full compliment!

Injuries and Suspensions will play their part, and give opportunity!  How many yellow cards has Kodj got now?

Archived