IGNORED

David Moyes

Smokey

No doubt , he will be back on the managerial merry go round soon .

i believe there was press talk of a Prem club monitoring his situation .

i think there are some lucky bastards who pass from one job to another without ever achieving anything but filling their bank accounts .

Moyes has become one of the ilk ,  Eriksson is the Master , 

A bit harsh, true he never won a trophy at Everton, but for pretty much the 10 years or so before he got the job there, they were perennial strugglers. He consistently had them qualifying for Europ, even managing to break into the top 4 one season. If it hadn't of been for the lure of Old Trafford, I'm sure he'd still be managing Everton now. Certainly not a mercinary in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wasn't his record over the same period better than LVG?  And with infinitely less cash.

Yes think you're right, TBH I think any manager would of struggled to take over from Ferguson.

according to sky sports Spanish bloke ( who I can't spell or say his name) he worked his socks off but couldn't speak any Spanish and found it hard to learn. All I will say is he gave it a go, would have been was for him to sit in England and wait for a job after man u but he went looking for a challenge.

16 minutes ago, Spoons said:

according to sky sports Spanish bloke ( who I can't spell or say his name) he worked his socks off but couldn't speak any Spanish and found it hard to learn. All I will say is he gave it a go, would have been was for him to sit in England and wait for a job after man u but he went looking for a challenge.

Spanish as well as English?!

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Haven't heard from the Chair of the Ginger Haired Sweaty Sock Managers Association as yet........they won't be happy

Well as Chair of the Moysie Appreciation Society, I'm happy. Hopefully he will take a job over here and we'll draw them in the FA Cup! :yes:

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

do managers get their contracts paid up when sacked?

Remember hearing the chairman of the LMA and surprised when he said the average payout is 2-3 months.

11 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

There is a league 2 team, that is about to get a huge cash injection from new owners, a new stadium to rival anything in the PL, and a fan base that will fill it.

Perhaps they would like a new manager to get them up to the PL?

Happy days!

good to hear, always sad seeing Pompy down there

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Fulham? 

I still think he's much better than that. If you take a step back all that's happened is he was the post Fergie-and-Gill fall out guy and failed in a foreign country, something some excellent managers have done. 

I really don't get why his reputation has fallen so far. Seems he would have to beg for jobs I believe he should be begged to take. His work at Everton bulding them (selling club: and rebuilding them) from very weak to very strong with a relatively small budget to transition with, and picking up excellent youth products buys him huge credit. 

I can see why Villa went with a Frenchman but I'd have gone with Moyes 100%. He fits their bill exactly and if he can come anywhere close to replicating his work with Everton they'd be stronger for him. Plus a Wenger endorsement would put me off a recruit...! 

13 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

A bit harsh, true he never won a trophy at Everton, but for pretty much the 10 years or so before he got the job there, they were perennial strugglers. He consistently had them qualifying for Europ, even managing to break into the top 4 one season. If it hadn't of been for the lure of Old Trafford, I'm sure he'd still be managing Everton now. Certainly not a mercinary in my eyes.

' has become ' , post Everton .

17 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

No doubt , he will be back on the managerial merry go round soon .

i believe there was press talk of a Prem club monitoring his situation .

i think there are some lucky bastards who pass from one job to another without ever achieving anything but filling their bank accounts .

Moyes has become one of the ilk ,  Eriksson is the Master , 

Rather harsh comparison. Eriksson became clearly motivated by money; Moyes was given the opportunity to manage the biggest club in the world having excelled at Everton, then a chance to better himself overseas in a lovely part of Spain & a club with some potential, but he ultimately failed. He needs to get this next role right or his stock will plummet, but he's hardly got nothing on his CV.

7 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Rather harsh comparison. Eriksson became clearly motivated by money; Moyes was given the opportunity to manage the biggest club in the world having excelled at Everton, then a chance to better himself overseas in a lovely part of Spain & a club with some potential, but he ultimately failed. He needs to get this next role right or his stock will plummet, but he's hardly got nothing on his CV.

What's he won ? 

Archived