IGNORED

Bordeaux

BigTone

13 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

How goes your solo attempt to drink France dry Tone?

I admit that I am struggling but am coming to terms with it and getting stronger every week ..........................................sounds like Cotts post match

I did the French exchange back in the 80s and saw Bordeaux play a couple of times against Nantes and Racing Club Paris. Didn't know they were getting a new stadium. The old one was also a Velodrome back then and I remember fans sitting on the banked bit of the track. They had a great team back then, Tigana, Giresse, Battiston and a goalkeeper called Dropsy.

I spent many a happy summer in the villages just south of Bordeaux. In the summer of 1989, much to my amazement, Notts Forest turned up at one of them and I watched them play a friendly against a small local team. I watched the game sat between Steve Hodge and Stuart Pearce and managed to say hello to Mr Clough. I was wearing my yellow away shirt and they all agreed they were fortunate against us in the cup semi-final a few months before.

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Will be visiting Bordeaux next summer with the family.  Any tips. On things to do, see restaurants  pubs any info welcomed.   

Bordeaux city is great. It has been pedestrianised everywhere, old buildings cleaned up and restored with plenty of good restaurants and Cafe / Bars. You will enjoy it I'm sure

Archived