IGNORED

College football (american football)

howey_ducky

Missed this thread!

Michigan were very lucky last night, the game tying TD was very lucky.

Both Michigan and Michigan State have to play Ohio yet, I think one of them will beat Ohio. With the hassle Ohio have going on at QB they just wont be up for it for both games. Their current starter, Cardale Jones is built like the terminator, 6'5" 250lb, unfortunately he moves like the terminator as well!

My top 4 going into the CFP 

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3.Ohio

4.Oklahoma State.

On 11/15/2015, 8:28:29, northsomersetred said:

Both Michigan and Michigan State have to play Ohio yet, I think one of them will beat Ohio. With the hassle Ohio have going on at QB they just wont be up for it for both games. Their current starter, Cardale Jones is built like the terminator, 6'5" 250lb, unfortunately he moves like the terminator as well!

I should of put some money on it:yes:, i can't see Michigan State moving into the top 4 though.

Question now will Ohio move out of the top 4?

So tomorrow is the big one. No matter how good or bad a season you have in Ann Arbor the Ohio St game defines your season. I never thought the team would be here when Harbaugh took over i thought i'd be at least another season. Defeat tomorrow for Ohio will see them out of the CFP running:dancing6:

Tomorrows game will be the 264th consecutive home game Michigan have had an attendance of over 100,000. This dates back to Oct 1975 when only 95,000 turned up vs Indiana!

mgoblu.jpg

The 'Florida Flop', i've read about it in the past but never seen a video of it. Just found this posted up online.

Quote from the Ghosts of the Orange Bowl site;

November 27, 1971: The University of Florida defeated the University of Miami 45-8. The game is mostly remembered for an infamous moment that happened late in the game. University of Florida defensive players purposely dropped to the ground and allowed Miami quarterback John Hornibrook to score. With the Gators leading 45-8 with only a few minutes play, the ploy allowed Florida quarterback John Reaves enough time to break Jim Plunkett's then NCAA career passing yardage record. Known as the Gator Flop, it remains one of the most infamous moments at the Orange Bowl. After the game an angry Miami coach Fran Curci refused to shake hands with Florida's Doug Dickey. Curci would later say Miami would win a national championship before the Gators ever win the SEC. He was right.

https://youtu.be/9_Uzu-wPFmc

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎21‎:‎12‎:‎52, northsomersetred said:

So tomorrow is the big one. No matter how good or bad a season you have in Ann Arbor the Ohio St game defines your season. I never thought the team would be here when Harbaugh took over i thought i'd be at least another season. Defeat tomorrow for Ohio will see them out of the CFP running:dancing6:

Tomorrows game will be the 264th consecutive home game Michigan have had an attendance of over 100,000. This dates back to Oct 1975 when only 95,000 turned up vs Indiana!

mgoblu.jpg

I adopted Ohio, through a random selective process!, as my college team in the summer. Still trying to work out exactly how it all fits together to make a national game of it, presume that Ohio are still in with a shout of the big one, presumably Michigan aren't?? Not rubbing it, genuine question!! Been a little harder to understand than I ever imagined!

6 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I adopted Ohio, through a random selective process!, as my college team in the summer. Still trying to work out exactly how it all fits together to make a national game of it, presume that Ohio are still in with a shout of the big one, presumably Michigan aren't?? Not rubbing it, genuine question!! Been a little harder to understand than I ever imagined!

Mine was family:yes: 

My uncle emigrated to Canada in the early 70's then took a job at the GM institute near Detroit and my cousin attended Michigan, she's what's known as a '2 time alumni' her husband attended as well and they still live in Ann Arbor, the city is one of my favourite places i've ever visited.

Ohio can't make the CFP as they're not playing in the Big 10 championship game, that's Michigan St v Iowa (who are undefeated). It's a bit weird how it's worked out.

Michigan St. have beaten Ohio, so if they beat Iowa they will be ranked higher. If Iowa beat Michigan St. they will be ranked higher than Ohio because they beat Michigan St who beat Ohio. The system is still flawed but way, way better than it used to be, i'd like to see the top 8 rather than 4 playoff for the no.1 spot. About as clear as mud!!

45 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I saw christian mccaffrey broke Sander's rushing yards record. Reckon he's got the attributes to succeed in the NFL? 

@Shtanley which record? Sanders' single season record was 2600+yds 

It's a bit early yet he's only a sophomore and this was his first full season, he still has a potential 2 more seasons, see how is junior season goes.

Archived