IGNORED

Cotts confident of Premiership loans

Major Isewater

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Maybe prove he can play in a deeper role and create chances for others. Oh wait he did that against MK. How Freeman is still starting games despite not only creating relatively little but also occasionally ruining promising attacks by dribbling until he can dribble no more

Arguably the reason we drew against MK was because we sat back. Reid has barely played deeper at senior level and his inevitable uneasiness may have contributed to that result. If he's going to play it has to be in the Freeman role at this stage I think.

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Sounds good in the paper, but we all know Cotts won't drop anyone from the first team this season.

Whose position would be under threat?  Freeman, Pack?  Doubt it very much.

Pack wasn't first choice for much of last season when we were playing a division lower. I'm not sure why you're so convinced Cotterill wouldn't drop him. The main reason he plays every week is because there are very few, if any, alternatives in his position. If the right player came in to challenge Pack, of course Cotterill would drop him.

The same applies to Freeman, but it's less likely I suspect.

Neither Moore, Robinson nor Hamer particuarly impressed so I'm not at all bothered they're not getting game time. Whereas Baker and Bennett who both took their chance are now integral parts of our team.

If the parent club demands that their player starts every game then I wouldn't want us to sign him in the first place.

13 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Neither Moore, Robinson nor Hamer particuarly impressed so I'm not at all bothered they're not getting game time. Whereas Baker and Bennett who both took their chance are now integral parts of our team.

If the parent club demands that their player starts every game then I wouldn't want us to sign him in the first place.

I agree about Robinson - he needs to be at a League 1 side.

Moore is clearly a very good player.  However, his hernia and subsequent operation have masked his abilities.  I really hope we can get him back in the starting line up because in the long term he would be a very good signing as would Baker. You don't play 35 games in a Championship winning side if you're crap.  He's only 23 as well.  He will get better.

I suspect that Hamer will have a good Championship career.  Right player, wrong time unfortunately.  He was lacking in confidence and we were a bit of a mess when he was starting.

If a player isn't good enough to get into an average to lower EPL matchday squad, it doesn't necessarily follow that he would walk into our starting 11.  The EPL side are not in a position to dictate terms about this.  They are one relegation away from being our rivals. 

9 hours ago, Taz said:

Bennett?

Absolutely, but my point is we have other players on loan who are either sitting on the bench or can't get in the match day squad. Would that make us a less attractive proposition proposition for other teams to loan us players?

I see Leeds and Cardiff are linked with Bridcutt from sunderland, a player who would enhance us?

19 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Reid has proved his good enough right now. We'll never know if Burns is good enough unless he's given a chance

Reid hasn't been able to keep up the required level of performance for the whole game, i thought he was excellent in 1st half vs Burnley but was totally missing for the whole 2nd half. Freeman is a much better player imo, and there is no contest when choosing that position between the two. Burns has had chances in league 1, out on loan in league 2, but hasn't shown enough to start in a championship side clearly. I like them both but not good enough for championship right now 

@O'Garlandinho I personally don't understand why Freeman is still starting, what has he actually done since being sent off (except a wonder-goal vs Ipswich) that Bobby Reid hasn't. Freeman simply looks off the pace the whole 90 minutes whereas at least Bobby Reid is incredibly exciting for the first 45-70. I don't think you can particularly blame Reid for changing after 45-70 because the team as a whole in the first several games naturally sat back and tried to soak up pressure like against MK Dons. Burns played ~75 minutes at RWB at Sheffield Wednesday and was arguably our brightest spark. Cox will be going back in January and Wilbs IMO should not be here next season so I think those 2 leaving should give Burns more game time to try to push for the "1st choice sub" role if Agard and Kodjia keep performing. Personally I think Burns would be a much better impact sub to use late on due to his pace rather than Wilbs or Cox. If we don't sign a striker in Jan I wouldn't be too fussed as we have a Welsh u21 international who clearly knows where the net is, I just hope he's not on the bench all season so he can prove it. 

1 hour ago, O'Garlandinho said:

Reid hasn't been able to keep up the required level of performance for the whole game, i thought he was excellent in 1st half vs Burnley but was totally missing for the whole 2nd half. Freeman is a much better player imo, and there is no contest when choosing that position between the two. Burns has had chances in league 1, out on loan in league 2, but hasn't shown enough to start in a championship side clearly. I like them both but not good enough for championship right now 

All players have phases during the game where there in & out especially attacking players.

It’s then up to the manager to ‘mange’ that player & bring them off if their level of performance has significantly dropped.

For me (on current form) I would rather have an effective Bobby Reid for 45-60 mins than a non-effective boy wonder  Luke Freeman for 90.

Whether you think Freeman is better than Reid or not is a matter of opinion. Where is baffles me is when people are saying Freeman is a much better player. At what? Based on what? Last season? Based on this season, Bobby has been better. Is he consistent yet? No but Freeman has been consistently poor. Can Bobby go 90? Maybe not yet but he won't ever if he doesn't start. Give me 60 minutes of Bobby and 30 of Freeman. Give me Simon Cox in the Freeman role. Basically, Freeman hasn't played well at all. He hasn't played out of his bad form and hasn't looked like doing so. He should be dropped as Williams was. Light a fire under him. Motivate him. Pack kept playing because of lack of options but has improved. Freeman hasn't. He's a good player but needs to take a step back and realize he needs to be better. 

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Whether you think Freeman is better than Reid or not is a matter of opinion. Where is baffles me is when people are saying Freeman is a much better player. At what? Based on what? Last season? Based on this season, Bobby has been better. Is he consistent yet? No but Freeman has been consistently poor. Can Bobby go 90? Maybe not yet but he won't ever if he doesn't start. Give me 60 minutes of Bobby and 30 of Freeman. Give me Simon Cox in the Freeman role. Basically, Freeman hasn't played well at all. He hasn't played out of his bad form and hasn't looked like doing so. He should be dropped as Williams was. Light a fire under him. Motivate him. Pack kept playing because of lack of options but has improved. Freeman hasn't. He's a good player but needs to take a step back and realize he needs to be better. 

Spot on Joe.

Reid should of never been dropped once Freeman's ban was up. Bad man management that was for me.

Bobby has far better awareness than Freeman & doesn't turn over possession nowhere near as much.

Another option for the AMC role would be use Bennett there. My Brighton sources tell me he excelled there during his loan last season. At this present time anyone but Freeman in that role for me - Reid, Cox, Bennett....

Archived