IGNORED

Cotts confident of Premiership loans

Major Isewater

As reported in the Post , Cotts believes Premiership clubs will be happy to loan out their top youngsters to us because we play good football .

i'm sure the likes of Robinson , Cox , Moore and Hamer enjoy watching it .

Seriously i see where Cotts is coming from but he must be mindful that if the goal for the parent club is to develop their players then he must bring in only the youngsters that will get game time . 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Seriously i see where Cotts is coming from but he must be mindful that if the goal for the parent club is to develop their players then he must bring in only the youngsters that will get game time . 

I would just suggest perhaps parent club's aren't altogether altruistic. Just last year we had a Kane on loan, playing regularly and performing well and Chelsea decided he should go to Notts Forest and warm their bench.

Just returning to that loan also, do you think Chelsea would be willing to loan us a player again and probably have little clue what has happened with Robinson, Hamer & Cox....

17 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I would just suggest perhaps parent club's aren't altogether altruistic. Just last year we had a Kane on loan, playing regularly and performing well and Chelsea decided he should go to Notts Forest and warm their bench.

Just returning to that loan also, do you think Chelsea would be willing to loan us a player again and probably have little clue what has happened with Robinson, Hamer & Cox....

I don't know about Chelsea but i'm sure Leicester are delighted that we are developing Moore and that we sent Hamer back before the end of his season long loan ( for which we would , apparently , have paid a fee ! ) 

45 minutes ago, spudski said:

Fredericks, Hamer, Robinson and Cox....Football is a very small world...footballers talk....and actions speak louder than words.

It will be interesting to see who we get, if we play them and what excuses are made if we don't.

And just to put the other side to this Baker has settled in and getting games and Matt Smith, who we practically resurrected his career last season. 

Edit: and Bennett of course, somehow in my head I think we had signed him already :fingerscrossed:

42 minutes ago, spudski said:

Fredericks, Hamer, Robinson and Cox....Football is a very small world...footballers talk....and actions speak louder than words.

It will be interesting to see who we get, if we play them and what excuses are made if we don't.

Well let's hope it's small enough to include Baker and Bennet

Surely the loan system is punctuated with players who don't end up in the first team? It's the chance you take and no one is guaranteed to come and start every or any game.

48 minutes ago, hortonred said:

I would love to know why with our miserable performance in the transfer market that Cotts can believe we will attract premiership players. And the way he leaves most of them on the bench makes it even more unlikely.

Probably because SL has told him he will bankroll the loans.

SL cannot and will not stand by and risk watching us drop into L1.

Sacking the manager doesn't seem to be in the equation, so backing him must be.

15 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Probably because SL has told him he will bankroll the loans.

SL cannot and will not stand by and risk watching us drop into L1.

Sacking the manager doesn't seem to be in the equation, so backing him must be.

No point in bankrolling loans if they don't get game time , Robinson not even in the squad , Cox played what , 60 mins ? , Moore , not a lot more than Cox , does anyone else find some of the managers decisions very baffling ?  

20 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

No point in bankrolling loans if they don't get game time , Robinson not even in the squad , Cox played what , 60 mins ? , Moore , not a lot more than Cox , does anyone else find some of the managers decisions very baffling ?  

Not particularly, no. The idea of a squad is you have enough players to fill-in for others. They would seem to fill that role to me.

Perhaps if we'd had better luck in the summer (I don't care why, it's been done to death and no one really knows the entire reason why) we would have brought in players less likely to flesh out the numbers.

19 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

Yes - very. Especially as he has always maintained that he would only get players in to 'improve' the team. Some of the signings may provide some cover but as you state with Robinson not even in the squad he's not fulfilling his stated intention.

39 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

Well my point is why would any prem ream allow their players to come here and sit on the bench , the point in allowing them to leave is to get game time and gain experience .

Callum Robinson made 12 starts in League 1 last year, so I'm sure Villa weren't expecting him to walk into a Championship side. Hamer was unfortunate, but only one keeper can play at a time. Cox and Moore both largely out of favour with their clubs (one in our own league); Moore has been kept out while we've begun to keep clean sheets, understandably. I don't think there's a heck of a lot we've done which is 'baffling'. We needed more numbers, without having much time to do so. Baker has come in and been brilliant, the others less so. It's the nature of the beast as much as anything. Had we faced an injury crisis this discussion may not have happened as we would have had to play them, and they might have done well, who knows.

I don't think any club is going to look at us and think 'god look at all the talent they've got wasting away'. We've used the loan market to good effect in the last few years, we're shorter on numbers than we've ever been and we've had to use it to beef up the squad. We're not in such dire straits now with Agard, Smith, Fielding etc. back and can afford to pick and choose our next loanee more carefully. Makes sense to me.

12 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Reid has proved his good enough right now. We'll never know if Burns is good enough unless he's given a chance

Totally agree - how he was dropped after his cameo against Leeds and then the Boro game makes my mind boggle. What exactly does the lad have to do to get a sustained starting place?

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

As reported in the Post , Cotts believes Premiership clubs will be happy to loan out their top youngsters to us because we play good football .

i'm sure the likes of Robinson , Cox , Moore and Hamer enjoy watching it .

Maybe they should recommend us players instead of us picking bench warmers?

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Totally agree - how he was dropped after his cameo against Leeds and then the Boro game makes my mind boggle. What exactly does the lad have to do to get a sustained starting place?

Maybe prove he can play in a deeper role and create chances for others. Oh wait he did that against MK. How Freeman is still starting games despite not only creating relatively little but also occasionally ruining promising attacks by dribbling until he can dribble no more

Archived