IGNORED

city wave

Hartcliffe red

13 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Yes its a bit manufactured,and yes its unoriginal but does it look better than nothing?....coarse it does.everyone can join in and create some colour so that can only be a good thing surely.some people jus have to have a moan.

Strange view considering that avatar.  

11 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It is very simple. Clubs all the time tell fans how to support. What would be original and refreshing would be BCFC - BS - Fans working in unison creating a joined up approach to creating a more colourful Ashton Gate.

At present while fans are being told you can Citywave other actions are counter productive e.g method statements / risk assessment being required to place flags on walls. 

Is the flag waving section in the Atyeo just a figment of our imagination then?

5 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Strange view considering that avatar.  

Im all for originality and fan led ideas and think the atyeo flags and banners are amazing.just that everyone else can contribute a bit of colour and get involved too instead of nothing at all.totally against modern plastic football like you,but if it gets everybody else involved then its a good thing

hang on, the club have tweeted before, (I think it was by Andrew Billingham, but he seems to be the anti-christ to some on here) about working with fans to make a better atmosphere, did those who are criticising the club for suggesting to fans to do the "city wave" tomorrow because of its "unoriginality" take the club up on this? Or just wait for an opportunity to moan?

As an aside, what things can the club suggest that will be original? Or is that just an excuse to have a whine?

5 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Im all for originality and fan led ideas and think the atyeo flags and banners are amazing.just that everyone else can contribute a bit of colour and get involved too

Which would be more easily achievable if individuals like Adam Baker adopted a cohesive approach to creating a more colourful Ashton Gate.

11 minutes ago, City169 said:

hang on, the club have tweeted before, (I think it was by Andrew Billingham, but he seems to be the anti-christ to some on here) about working with fans to make a better atmosphere, did those who are criticising the club for suggesting to fans to do the "city wave" tomorrow because of its "unoriginality" take the club up on this? Or just wait for an opportunity to moan?

As an aside, what things can the club suggest that will be original? Or is that just an excuse to have a whine?

I could tweet that I'm going to create world peace and morph into Marlon Pack, doesn't mean I'll do it though 

13 minutes ago, City169 said:

hang on, the club have tweeted before, (I think it was by Andrew Billingham, but he seems to be the anti-christ to some on here) about working with fans to make a better atmosphere, did those who are criticising the club for suggesting to fans to do the "city wave" tomorrow because of its "unoriginality" take the club up on this?

Yes and suggested to Andrew Billingham that a collaborative proactive approach would be of benefit.

6 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I could tweet that I'm going to create world peace and morph into Marlon Pack, doesn't mean I'll do it though 

so did you actually take them up on that?

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Yes and suggested to Andrew Billingham that a collaborative proactive approach would be of benefit.

And...? you cant say to them you want to work with them if you are going to criticise everything they do. Comes across as your way or no way at all.

neither of you bothered with my question on what the club could do that is original I see.

1 minute ago, City169 said:

And...? you cant say to them you want to work with them if you are going to criticise everything they do. Comes across as your way or no way at all.

neither of you bothered with my question on what the club could do that is original I see.

What is being criticised is a theme. It is ironic that fans on one hand are being told to citywave while other measures are preventing fans from creating a more colourful Ashton Gate. It is uneven

Bristol Sport once banned flags, now in the Dolman  that ban might as well still be in place so lengthy has been the attempt to put even one flag up this season.

Bristol City - Bristol Sport by adopting a lets be proactive, lets be collaborative, lets truly attempt to make Ashton Gate colourful would be original.

8 hours ago, WTMS said:

An answer. Yes. Bristol City FC and fans are surely capable of more than "Its cold, wave a scarf". Even the Gas can rise to that.

Really..? Remind me when it was that the gas gave out 10,000 plus free scarfs at a home game..?

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So the accusation is that the scarf waving is unoriginal. The scarf wave is something that pretty much everyone can join in with, is easy to co-ordinate, costs nothing (assuming you have a scarf) and looks visually impressive. Can someone suggest an "original" idea that ticks all these boxes?

Still waiting for one of those original ideas that apparently we're all full of.....

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Do you work in marketing or something? It's like a game of buzzword bingo.

The problem is that the anti-BS crowd seem to think they speak for the majority of fans when they dismiss the city wave and bash Bristol Sport, and that we are all bursting with better ideas. Yet it is pretty clear from this thread and others previously that most of us are happy to embrace the scarf thing, or at least don't actively dislike it.

Singing at Football is unoriginal. Going to Football is unoriginal. Talking is unoriginal. Posting topics on forums is unoriginal. 

Having pointless, unfounded, often completely inaccurate digs at the club and its officials is unoriginal (well,it is for some)

Can we please stop all of these unoriginal, cringeworthy ways of supporting the team. 

On 11/21/2015 7:49:04, Bar BS3 said:

Singing at Football is unoriginal. Going to Football is unoriginal. Talking is unoriginal. Posting topics on forums is unoriginal. 

Having pointless, unfounded, often completely inaccurate digs at the club and its officials is unoriginal (well,it is for some)

Can we please stop all of these unoriginal, cringeworthy ways of supporting the team. 

How did the City Wave go?

Supporters at Ashton Gate are capable of better.Perhaps at the next Fans Advisory Network meeting you could bring the topic up and think about how a more thoughtful collaborative approach could be more visual.

33 minutes ago, WTMS said:

How did the City Wave go?

Supporters at Ashton Gate are capable of better.Perhaps at the next Fans Advisory Network meeting you could bring the topic up and think about how a more thoughtful collaborative approach could be more visual.

From watching it on TV I only saw a few being waved which was a shame!

On 11/21/2015 7:40:27, View from the Dolman said:

Do you work in marketing or something? It's like a game of buzzword bingo.

Missed your post. That is the language that club officials and Bristol Sport do use. Some fans do similar. It all amounts to the same thing  -You really want to see a vibrant colourful Ashton Gate, or you do not. 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

From watching it on TV I only saw a few being waved which was a shame!

The point is we can do better. There were also huge spaces which could be filled e.g flags hung up. Fans are attempting to do this but finding barriers are in the way versus meeting a attitude of "We want this, Lets make it happen,  DO IT!"

Archived