IGNORED

next three matches......

Son of Fred

Yep, six points at least has to be the target.

Last season we had hard games and should win games. This season it is hard games and should lose games. Dug a point out in the latter category today, so would be nice to push on. They will still be hard games, and they will look at them as well and see them as winnable.

Well 2 of them are away and hopefully that'll work for us as they may feel like at home they need to beat us. Blackburn are playing much better and have maybe the best championship striker. Obviously none will be easy but they feel there for the taking. Personally, I feel like we could(should) get 7 of the 9 but I'd be happy with a win and 2 draws. Anything less than 4 points will be a disappointment to me.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

7 points is almost a must

We dare not scrape along the bottom because there is no guarantee we can do better in January window than those in the same predicament 

In fact on the evidence so far we could do a lot worse

The only plus is that most of those around us might have done their budgets in the summer window

C,mon guys n galls, this is the toughest league in the world, some amazing players and teams vying for premiership status, i would be happy for five points out of the possible nine, and that's a big ask by anyone's standards, we are improving little by little, but bearing in mind the size of our squad and any possible injuries or auto suspensions that might occur these point are absolutely crucial with a capital C.....five out of nine is massive

Would love to come through these three unbeaten....but if that's 3 draws....will probably see that as a missed opportunity to climb the table.

Should that include one win (5 points) I'd be very happy.

I don't think we should be counting any chickens....no game in this league is a guaranteed 3 points.

However can see us getting a win, a draw, and a loss, so 4 points. No idea in which order though.

Really hoping Rotherham will see this as a must win, and we can pick them off.  They will be boosted by yesterday's win.

Looking a bit forward ahead, the remaining 7 games of the calender year I'm hoping for around 11 points.

Rotherham
Blackburn
Huddersfield
Derby
QPR
Charlton
Burnley

That would give us 27 points, which on the 1st Jan last season would of seen us 18th. Wouldn't be too disappointed with that really.

The away fixtures at Rotherham and 'Uddersfield have got to be win targets - they have managed 1 win between them in the last 5 games, and they are both below us.

If we can get something against Blackburn and Derby, and then put QPR to the sword at home, we will be mid table.

"Gert lush, innit?"

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎14‎:‎48‎:‎17, Robert the bruce said:

Rotherham,Blackburn and Huddersfield...great little run of fixtures that we need to take advantage of.....

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎46‎:‎45, cynic said:

Current form tables looking ok for City;

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

All that can change of course, but we are certainly heading in the right direction with our defending having improved (maybe at the cost of some of our attacking play) and we should be looking at picking up 5 or 6 points in the next three games which should see us move up a couple or three places. Obviously, it doesn't always go to form as yesterday showed with Rotherham and Charlton both winning away from home, but its certainly a chance to put some daylight (or at least maintain the gap) between us and 22nd.

Oh dear; WE ALL counted our chickens before they were hatched.

Archived