IGNORED

Swansea ground and things we could look at.

wayne allisons tongues

18 hours ago, bert tann said:

You dgull abilityo go as far as Swansea to find  an outstanding club superstore.

Club%20Shop.jpg

OK, I'll risk a massive 'whoosh' here - But,  Is THAT  For REAL? :)

If it IS .... ffs, :laugh: flipping 'eck !

(If it isnt... well that speaks volumes of my gullability & I'll take the whoosh! ;) )

If it is a whoosh though that say's an awful lot about the state of BRFC - that something so embarrassing could possibly be perceived as genuine.. (by anyone) .. I hope it's true, if not my red face will just be reflecting my Red heart anyway.

Please be real...if so its almost worth a visit, and cheaper and funnier than a seasonal pantomime!

(right e oh, braced myself, bring on the whoosh! ;) )

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

It's always difficult to compare how far out stadiums are. Quite often it depends on where you start from.

I would say distance from City centre as a rule of thumb as where most people head for a good choice of pubs/restaurants-certainly as an away fan..though your sense of irony is not totally misplaced!

20 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

There are a few pubs within 10 mins of ground but Frankie and bennies and harvester opposite the ground were packed.

Asked a few fans what do they do before the game and they mostly drank in the ground and got food there prices were reasonsble.A couple just turned up just before kick off, or had something to eat in retail park 2 mins away.

Awww. The history and tradition of football.  

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not quite sure why you are soon keen to slate Swansea.  Their stadium is on the edge of the city, but still very much in the city, and you can walk to it from the city centre and train station in about 20 minutes.  Ashton Gate is a very similar scenario - except it would take you twice as long to walk to the ground from Temple Meads.  So actually, there is a pretty good argument to say Ashton Gate is more "out on a limb" than the Liberty.

whatever.......you should be a MP

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not quite sure why you are soon keen to slate Swansea.  Their stadium is on the edge of the city, but still very much in the city, and you can walk to it from the city centre and train station in about 20 minutes.  Ashton Gate is a very similar scenario - except it would take you twice as long to walk to the ground from Temple Meads.  So actually, there is a pretty good argument to say Ashton Gate is more "out on a limb" than the Liberty.

Yep, I remember a survey a good while back (before sat nav) where Ashton Gate was ranked 91st in the easiest grounds to find. In other words only one was harder to find than ours and that was Oxford's Manor Ground.

Used to love driving to the town/city where we were playing and just looking out for the floodlights! Happy days!

9 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

OK, I'll risk a massive 'whoosh' here - But,  Is THAT  For REAL? :)

If it IS .... ffs, :laugh: flipping 'eck !

(If it isnt... well that speaks volumes of my gullability & I'll take the whoosh! ;) )

If it is a whoosh though that say's an awful lot about the state of BRFC - that something so embarrassing could possibly be perceived as genuine.. (by anyone) .. I hope it's true, if not my red face will just be reflecting my Red heart anyway.

Please be real...if so its almost worth a visit, and cheaper and funnier than a seasonal pantomime!

(right e oh, braced myself, bring on the whoosh! ;) )

Of course that photograph is real.

This is the one that is unreal.

Programme%20seller.jpg

On 22/11/2015 15:34:08, wayne allisons tongues said:

Went to Swansea yesterday, birthday treat for my son who has started supporting them. Luckily he still comes with me to watch the mighty reds.

I don't know if as a club we look at other grounds but a few thing I think we could improve on.

Vormatories all had plastic/glass on top of them and view wasn't blocked at all.

2 large scoreboards one each end of ground on a long stand so didn't intefere with views. These helped build atmosphere with showing of past games and interviews. Plus was showing a constant stream of ads on bottom of each screen which would improve revenues.

Advertising boards electronic which showed players on them at same time as main scoreboards which was clever. Also they showed ads around pitch and on other side across top facing crowd showed local ads generating more revenue.

Kiosks quick service plenty of choice including chips, pulled pork and meal deals and service was fast. You paid and another person got your order whilst you paid and if hot food they were preparing as you paid. Lot quicker than Ashton Gate and seemed to be very very busy.

Music before game was good was able to work crowd up and they seemed to go with it. 

Club shop was large but not massive but really well set out and Swansea and ospreys stuff was on display but in different sections and plenty of staff to help and a very large variety of stock on sale. Lots more than what we have at present, think we could improve on that front.

I love Ashton Gate and wouldn't swap it for the world but I hope our club are looking at things like at Swansea and looking to improve things at Ashton Gate and are open to ideas to make the whole experience so much better for everyone.

Maybe we should go for more of the breeze block look..very stylish.

On 22/11/2015, 15:34:08, wayneallisons tongues said:

Went to Swansea yesterday, birthday treat for my son who has started supporting them. Luckily he still comes with me to watch the mighty reds.

I don't know if as a club we look at other grounds but a few thing I think we could improve on.

Vormatories all had plastic/glass on top of them and view wasn't blocked at all.

WHAT WAS THAT?

Archived