IGNORED

Coffee queuing system

Linkedarm wall

Half time, Saturday queuing for Coffee. Sorry, that should read, queuing to pay for coffee. Now paid for coffee, now queuing for coffee! So two queues, now I'm a patient chap and I'm British so I queued without fuss. It was however amusing to watch others, especially the ones who bought a Pasty, who also wanted coffee having to queue twice, some not happy bunnies!

I must say the staff were excellent who are certainly not paid enough to take the stick they were taking. Anyhow another flaw in the system (apart from queuing twice) the chap who eventually served me coffee, had no idea how many drinks I had actually paid for! So I could have ordered as many as I wanted! Perhaps back to the drawing board for the catering department in some respects.

A message to the club if they are reading

On Saturday the mobile bars against the back wall of the stand were placed near enough opposite the usual outlets 

This meant that the queues combined into one area, when either side there was plenty of space. Just need the ones on wheels moved a few feet

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

A message to the club if they are reading

On Saturday the mobile bars against the back wall of the stand were placed near enough opposite the usual outlets 

This meant that the queues combined into one area, when either side there was plenty of space. Just need the ones on wheels moved a few feet

Very sensible, but they may need power sockets, and there's probably Elfin Safety regs about extension leads, and...

I do understand the OP issue here. The queing system is much improved and the staff actively let you know when to move towards them.. the food/beer etc is already being sorted by staff behind them. However once you've paid and you've got your food you then have to go to one person in the corner who is doing ALL the hot drinks orders and it becomes a free for all at times.  I don't know why they can't have hot drink pourers directly infront of the tills as they used to have in the atyeo and old Dolman. I gues maybe its because they want to keep the queue moving faster.   Something needs a tweek as its not quite right,.   Have you considered emailing Mark Kelly about it?

Behind the Atyeo on Saturday about 10 back in the queue I noticed that the staff had been very diligent and had pre-poured around a dozen pints of cider. However  by the time I was served only 1 pint had been sold! Maybe it was too cold and they should have prepared teas and coffees instead? It does beg the question of what it costs them in waste if they don't sell their pre-poured drinks and perhaps points to why they are reluctant to do it.

Normally pop into the Tobacco Factory but seeing as it wasn't open til midday on Saturday, gave it a miss. Decided I'd have a hot beverage inside the ground, well won't be doing that again in a hurry. Que up and pay, all the people on the tills are all shouting drinks orders down to one person working a hot water machine. Eventually when there's about fifteen people waiting they realise that the hot water machine is buggered. I try and get my money back from the lady on the til but she's adamant I've got to go to the next window down, I said how are they going to know I'm legit! So we all shuffle down and the manager geezer in charge of hot water on the next window is all lairy saying we'll have to wait about 15 minutes- wtf! What a complete farce, 25 mins just to get a bit of hot water. Like I said I won't be doing that again. Surely it can't be that difficult to get this sort of thing organised properly....

Response from Mark after he has read this thread so far. 

Hi Marie 

Thank you for sharing the feedback with me.  

Firstly, and as you will know from the FAN meeting last week, we are looking at how we can communicate and engage with all of our fans and customers as the stadium evolves so I appreciate the heads up on this particular thread and ask your forum users to be patient whilst we confirm what this looks like in the future.

I fully understand some of the frustration around hot drink service on Saturday, I was in the Dolman myself and could see the issues.  

There were a couple of reasons:  

Queuing - there was an assumption (understandably) that there was a single hot drink queue which caused confusion at the till and as somebody points out the process of paying and moving over doesn't work.  I will change this for the next game.

Secondly - our hot water machines didn't seem to cope very well with the demand.  We served over 2k. hot drinks over a 2 hour period.  Whilst this shouldn't be a surprise on a cold early kick off, it's is around 1.5k more than we sold on any game last year or in recent times.  

This is a trend that we have witnessed since the start of the season with regards to match day catering.  We are noticing a fundamental and positive change in our fans match day consumption which again should be expected in line with the development and additions but has been difficult at times whilst we are work in progress and not yet complete. 

Market street (once complete) should help with supply and demand, as well as a choice of offerings.  For example - chips, this is something we couldn't do this season due to restrictions for fire and extraction.  I could have sourced an oven chip but genuinely couldn't find a good enough product so choose to wait until we can offer a quality product.  Hopefully this is something that we can do in MS or DMS! once we get the fire risk assessments over the line. 

The positive news is that our match day catering sales are up year on year.  We made the decision last year to take catering in house so we can control the price and offer local products (Marks bread, roasted ritual coffee from Hengrove, Butcombe, Ruby and White to name a few) and with ST discount we offer some of the cheapest pints and pies in the league.   

The profits from our sales go back into the club rather than a caterer so it's important that we continue to meet the expectations and demand.

I acknowledge that there are still some issues with service and speed at times and this is something that is top of our agenda.  We have hired over 300 local employees direct and are one of the largest employers in south Bristol.  We have invested hundreds of hours of training and whilst there is always more to develop I am starting to gain more confidence in our service as the season progresses. It's  good to read some of the positive feedback come through. I really appreciate this as you'd be surprised how many of our catering teams log on to the forums post match to see how it was perceived they performed! 

The sports bar and coffee shop, although not yet complete are proving very successful and it's great to see are busy pre and after games. 

We are looking at creative ways of adding poser style tables into the concourses without conflicting with the fire strategy (every concourse now needs to be the 1st phase evacuation point and must be clear to do so) and should hopefully have something soon. 

In summary and on reflection of serving over 140, 000 fans since the start of the season, I can tell you we are listening and adapting to the change. I do ask your users to support us on this unique model of a club owning catering and feedback to myself or David L or any of the team on any suggestions they think can add to match day experience.  Some of the recent changes (gents toilet additions, beer caddies, smoking areas etc) have been fan lead from feedback.  I also recommend that if they experience an issue to ask to speak to the Duty Manager who can assist at that time and rectify the situation as often by the time it gets emailed or posted on the forum it's too late to rectify and the issue becomes a negative thread rather than something which perhaps could have been turned positive at the time.

Thanks again for the nudge and happy to hear any constructive comments come direct.

Mark.kelly@bristol-sport.co.uk 

1 hour ago, Simez said:

Normally pop into the Tobacco Factory but seeing as it wasn't open til midday on Saturday, gave it a miss. Decided I'd have a hot beverage inside the ground, well won't be doing that again in a hurry. Que up and pay, all the people on the tills are all shouting drinks orders down to one person working a hot water machine. Eventually when there's about fifteen people waiting they realise that the hot water machine is buggered. I try and get my money back from the lady on the til but she's adamant I've got to go to the next window down, I said how are they going to know I'm legit! So we all shuffle down and the manager geezer in charge of hot water on the next window is all lairy saying we'll have to wait about 15 minutes- wtf! What a complete farce, 25 mins just to get a bit of hot water. Like I said I won't be doing that again. Surely it can't be that difficult to get this sort of thing organised properly....

Tip avoid anything that is owned my George Ferguson. Why any city fan would go to the tobacco factory after what he has said/ done to our club is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Tip avoid anything that is owned my George Ferguson. Why any city fan would go to the tobacco factory after what he has said/ done to our club is beyond me.

I don't like GF but I like the beer Bristol Beer Factory produce. I also like the Barley Mow on Barton Road which is also a BBF pub, I also like their great selection of beers. 

Something I have noticed at the Atyeo kiosks that serve alcohol. We leave 5 min before half time cause you have to, otherwise there is just massive queues and you won't get a drink. There is already large queues forming from people who have left 10 minutes early or so. There are also people in the queue who are not waiting for alcohol and just want soft drinks/food etc. Is there anyway these people can be served first before half time? Could 1 side of the kiosk be separate from the alcohol selling? 

I noticed on saturday they had a load of pre poured drinks behind them but when people asked for pints they were still drafting it out of the tap.

P.s. The pasties are delicious. 

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

Every City fan should give the TB a wide berth and spend their money elsewhere.

I think I'd rather buy a pint at the Mem.

I got to say that is an excellent response from Mark Kelly. I saw him walking the concourse several times on Sunday (rugby) and have no doubts that he did so on Saturday too. He seems to get things done for sure and I've a lot of faith in him.

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

I got to say that is an excellent response from Mark Kelly. I saw him walking the concourse several times on Sunday (rugby) and have no doubts that he did so on Saturday too. He seems to get things done for sure and I've a lot of faith in him.

He'll be promoted to junior grounds-keeper in no time if he keeps this up.

#BristolSportCareerPath

• Admin
56 minutes ago, RedM said:

Agree - we just need him to post directly on here now :-)

Not sure I would know what he looks like though??

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree - we just need him to post directly on here now :-)

Not sure I would know what he looks like though??

I hope he would consider writing on here. He writes well and when people are courteous and responsive they get respect and thanks back from the fans. Obvious every reply wouldn't get such a lengthy response but I'm sure that any dialogue with him would be a positive. I think he would take time to explain why things are or aren't happening, or can or cannot be done. That's all people want isn't it, a bit of communication.

And as for not recognising him, I'm sure that's also good as he blends in unseen amongst us ha ha!

On 23/11/2015, 18:52:25, cider city red 81 said:

Might be worth seeing how they do it up the road. My mate said he had the time to queue to buy a pint, a coffee and a pasty in three separate trips and was back to watch the second half kick off . 

True, but the other supporter stayed in his seat...

22 hours ago, Simez said:

I don't like GF but I like the beer Bristol Beer Factory produce. I also like the Barley Mow on Barton Road which is also a BBF pub, I also like their great selection of beers. 

Irrelevant. I wouldn't touch anything owned by that Canute :grr:

Archived