IGNORED

Coffee queuing system

Linkedarm wall

I went down to the concourse at half time today, something I don't normally do and I gave to say I was amazed. Never seen queues like it for food kiosks. The queues were so long in the SS that they were snaking around to avoid blocking off the concourse altogether.  Needless to say I never bothered. 

48 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

I went down to the concourse at half time today, something I don't normally do and I gave to say I was amazed. Never seen queues like it for food kiosks. The queues were so long in the SS that they were snaking around to avoid blocking off the concourse altogether.  Needless to say I never bothered. 

I wonder if the water machines had trouble once again? I can imagine a lot were after hot drinks - it didn't seem like the nicest weather on TV. 

25 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

I wonder if the water machines had trouble once again? I can imagine a lot were after hot drinks - it didn't seem like the nicest weather on TV. 

If it was then it was every water machine because I walked around to the Dolman and it was exactly the same under there.

Yeah that's a good point, the wind was swirling up under the stands and people a long way back were getting wet so there probably would have been extra demand.

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The queues for the Ladies loos were about 4 miles long.........but the Gents were clear.

Not seen that before.

Mind you, it looked like every woman had 2 or 3 kids with them.

Did Bristol Sport not convert some ladies loos to men's after the first few City games? Maybe they should have converted  for this one game, assuming they didn't actually do it. 

12 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

There probably would have been a different level of demand with a very different crowd make-up. I've seen similar issues at Wembley for the Olympic football being very much more in demand than a regular England international.

3 hours ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Did Bristol Sport not convert some ladies loos to men's after the first few City games? Maybe they should have converted  for this one game, assuming they didn't actually do it. 

It wasn't converted, just a gents sign instead of ladies.....the toilets are all cubicles. I'm pretty certain they would have been ladies toilets yesterday 

28 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

It wasn't converted, just a gents sign instead of ladies.....the toilets are all cubicles. I'm pretty certain they would have been ladies toilets yesterday 

They were back to being a ladies loo yesterday. I think the correct system is to go in one door and exit the other, save having to squeeze past all the queuing people. For football the shutter is usually down dividing the loos so the men can have half, but you have to enter and exit the same door then. Yesterday people (all  ladies and kids) were entering from both doors and then were facing each other, then having to exit past each other as it wasn't clear.

And yes each lady did seem to have 3 kids with her (boys and girls) as obviously men don't like to take their kids into their loos with them and it gets left for the ladies to sort out the toileting, therefore takes 4 times as long!

And for the coffee queues, I didn't see half time but I have said on another thread that I did notice there was strictly no alcohol being sold at yesterday's match due to uefa regulations. And also all the concourse food outlets were shut in the south stand at least when I exited after the match, I think many people were looking to grab a quick hot drink on the way out too.

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

How many coffee/tea/bovril/soup vending machines are sited around the stadium? ... 

This is 'commercially sensitive'.

Either count them yourself, or file the appropriate freedom of information request.

In the meantime, I suggest no further communication on the subject.

Uncle TFR

Archived