IGNORED

Pete1975Legend Where Are You Now

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Some people wouldn't want Bobby Reid starting every week either. :whistle2:

Skuse could be very good, very average or indifferent. Increasingly mediocre as time went on, and had stagnated at City long before he left.

As for Pete1975Legend, as I remember it he was a huge supporter of Lee Johnson on this forum (and got plenty of stick for that) rather than a Skuse 'hater'.

Though of course with both battling for a midfield spot at the time comparisons were made between the 2 - LJ getting loads of grief however he played, and Skuse apparently above any criticism at all - so as ever, opinions became overly outspoken and polarised.

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

He's banned. For all our sakes. 

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Quoting Dolly 'He's banned for all our sakes'

Yep, no doubt there's a good good reason. I've no idea.

My point was his comments towards Skuse ( I looked up a few old threads before my first reply) were usually based on retorts to numerous Skuse loving posters continually lambasting LJ, who he rated highly, and had defended constantly.

It did become a matter of LJ v. Skuse for many, and at the time of the discussions our central midfield was usually 2 out of LJ, Skuse and Marv. He was far from the only one who would have chosen LJ and Marv.

Here's a sample thread from 2012,(including comments from Pete1975) a bit later after LJ had left, which gives a good idea of City fans opinions on Skuse at the time.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/149546-cole-skuse/

However much he's improved and impressed Mick McCarthy since (rightly) moving on, it's clear Skuse had stagnated at City and long since ceased impressing many regular attendees, not just Pete1975Legend.

20 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Some people wouldn't want Bobby Reid starting every week either. :whistle2:

Skuse could be very good, very average or indifferent. Increasingly mediocre as time went on, and had stagnated at City long before he left.

As for Pete1975Legend, as I remember it he was a huge supporter of Lee Johnson on this forum (and got plenty of stick for that) rather than a Skuse 'hater'.

Though of course with both battling for a midfield spot at the time comparisons were made between the 2 - LJ getting loads of grief however he played, and Skuse apparently above any criticism at all - so as ever, opinions became overly outspoken and polarised.

On 11/23/2015, 9:00:12, Woodsy said:

Sush - don't wake the troll up!

23 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Any chance he could be allowed back? It would be amusing 

23 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Oh hush your mouth :D

21 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Going be by the tweets from him, the guys an utter danger.

on the belter scale of 0-Ian Holloway, he scores a very respectable 8.

Nogbad Yesterday: My point was his comments towards Skuse ( I looked up a few old threads before my first reply) were usually based on retorts to numerous Skuse loving posters continually lambasting LJ, who he rated highly, and had defended constantly.

A few of the less virulent Pete 1975 comments of which there are many many many...Some are really quite vicious and I'm not going to drag them back....But they are available for anyone who wants to read some of his vitriol against Skuse 

Negativity because he does nothing but run round like a headless chicken and now and then puts in a tackle. Let's hope he is moved on in the summer

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Totally inept in midfield

Millen is tha same he loves this golden boy skuse god knows why

A couple of comments at the time regardng Pete1975Legends comments also as memory joggers....Simply dozens to read also if anyone would iike to

Poster Donald Sep 17 2011

Based on the title , we have to question Is skuse dating your mother and your sister such is your hatred for him?

Dougal 135

What game were you watching? Without Skuse + Elliott We would have got completely Dicked today

Funny how people remember things/people differently!

20 hours ago, REDOXO said:
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

40 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Nogbad Yesterday: My point was his comments towards Skuse ( I looked up a few old threads before my first reply) were usually based on retorts to numerous Skuse loving posters continually lambasting LJ, who he rated highly, and had defended constantly.

A few of the less virulent Pete 1975 comments of which there are many many many...Some are really quite vicious and I'm not going to drag them back....But they are available for anyone who wants to read some of his vitriol against Skuse 

Negativity because he does nothing but run round like a headless chicken and now and then puts in a tackle. Let's hope he is moved on in the summer

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Totally inept in midfield

Millen is tha same he loves this golden boy skuse god knows why

A couple of comments at the time regardng Pete1975Legends comments also as memory joggers....Simply dozens to read also if anyone would iike to

Poster Donald Sep 17 2011

Based on the title , we have to question Is skuse dating your mother and your sister such is your hatred for him?

Dougal 135

What game were you watching? Without Skuse + Elliott We would have got completely Dicked today

Funny how people remember things/people differently!

I'm not defending him as such because I've no idea what he was eventually banned for.

Hopefully not just for people complaining about his 'vitriol against Cole Skuse' because there was far, far more widespread vitriol expressed towards Lee Johnson, often all embroiled in the same back and forth arguments.

BTW, You've read the old thread in my previous post? Then you'll have seen the first 3 quotes of his you highlight above are echoed on there in strong terms by others, many of them still highly thought of posters on OTIB.

Wolf Of West Street, smokey live, glyn riley, fka dagest, Harry, Bristol Rob, reddoc, redcherryberry etc., all appear in the thread and from their comments clearly not in the Cole Skuse fan club.

Anyway........ this could go on forever, he's obviously doing better now under a manager clearly determined to keep his confidence up by praising him, albeit perhaps exaggeratedly, as is his way.

Good for CS, best for all parties that he left when he did, and he's found a club with a manager and formation where he is comfortable, but his situation now really has little bearing on his time at City.

59 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm not defending him as such because I've no idea what he was eventually banned for.

Hopefully not just for people complaining about his 'vitriol against Cole Skuse' because there was far, far more widespread vitriol expressed towards Lee Johnson, often all embroiled in the same back and forth arguments.

BTW, You've read the old thread in my previous post? Then you'll have seen the first 3 quotes of his you highlight above are echoed on there in strong terms by others, many of them still highly thought of posters on OTIB.

Wolf Of West Street, smokey live, glyn riley, fka dagest, Harry, Bristol Rob, reddoc, redcherryberry etc., all appear in the thread and from their comments clearly not in the Cole Skuse fan club.

Anyway........ this could go on forever, he's obviously doing better now under a manager clearly determined to keep his confidence up by praising him, albeit perhaps exaggeratedly, as is his way.

Good for CS, best for all parties that he left when he did, and he's found a club with a manager and formation where he is comfortable, but his situation now really has little bearing on his time at City.

I largely agree about the LJ comment there was widespread vitriol pointed at him, that in most cases was completely unfounded and particularly annoying as he did eventually lose form as did Elliot Fontaine among others all of which was on here. 

As I said 1975's vitriol toward Skuse was virulent, sustained, personal and nasty, its all out there. Whether people wish to go trawling around old threads as we have I doubt it, as it seems most have said good riddance. Not sure why he was banned, but please god it wont be lifted and I guess the moderators should keep that to themselves as I know a lot goes on behind the scenes.

Yes maybe exaggerated praise for Skuse, however I have not seen him play and have no clue, but a new contract does speak volumes, particularly (strangely) if a move is in the offing, but that is a complete guess.

You are right about 'his situation now has little baring on his time at City' particularly when we were struggling under Millen McInnes SOD et al....so perhaps it was just about a better manager...But we wont go there again will we! :laugh:...

Archived