IGNORED

Volunteer required at stadium tomorrow morning

MCAC

Hi Everyone,

We are a male charity, Male Cancer Awareness Campaign. We are putting together a football mascot calendar in aid of male cancer. The calendar will feature 12 clubs mascots with our charity mascot Mr Testicles. We have a photo shoot at Ashton gate tomorrow with Scumpy the Robin. We require a volunteer to wear our mascot Mr Testicles. The shoot is at 11am and will last about an hour. If you are able to help please email laura@malecancer.org

Thank you.

mr t everton 2.png

1 minute ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Really? The way I see it the "Mr Testicles" mascot is all meant to be in good humour anyway, while obviously also conveying an important message.

Doesn't sit well with me. Just my opinion though.

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Have to admit feel uneasy with people making jokes on this thread. Pretty Poor imo.

Comedy doesn't have to detract from the seriousness of what lies beneath - the annual stand up to Cancer and all that. A lot of the awareness campaigns that have surrounded this issue have been light hearted too (maybe Movember was a catalyst) rather than being a gloomy tale of woe.

I can see why the unease but actually I think it in tone and in keeping with the general message that comes out from charities etc.

I have a 'KEEP CALM and CHECK YOUR BALLS' card at home...

On the back it says ... FIDDLING IS NOT ENOUGH check your balls once a month.

Then ... HOW TO CHECK

*Take a bath or shower .. *Weigh each ball in your hand .. *Roll each ball between your fingers .. *Gently does it!

...WHAT TO LOOK FOR

*Increased size .. *Hardness .. *A lump inside the ball .. * Discomfort

If you have any of these see your GP IMMEDIATELY.

(this public information post has been brought to you by Whistlehappy in conjunction with ...

ITSINTHEBAG.ORG.UK )

You know it makes sense ... Just do it! ..

Regular checks now may save a nasty kick in the balls later! 

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Errrr the kind person who started the thread posted a picture of a man dressed in a giant testicle costume kicking a football.

Not sure that is the same thing - can be a very serious topic to many.

Anyway I understand there are enough people at the ground this morning for said photo shoot to commence

18 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I hate to sound like a teacher, but we should be taking this seriously. 

I'd do it if I weren't in work in Birmingham tomorrow. 

while you're reading this lads, have a little check of yourself while you're cupping your balls one day. It might just save your life. 

I did just that. I'm now banned from using the lifts in Cabot Circus.

Archived