IGNORED

Aaron Mooy

cottsciderarmy

The best player in the A League and a quality central midfielder who has looked sheer quality since breaking into the Aus side, has openly gone on record as saying he wants to move to England before next season and this will be his last in the A League.

He is exactly the type of player we should be trying to sign, but I'm sure he wouldn't have gone unnoticed by Premier League teams also.

I watch a lot of A league football since BT sport started showing it. The standard is really good and I really enjoy watching it. There are a few talented players who I'm surprised haven't been taken by clubs over here, Mooy is very highly rated. How do you lure someone from Australia though, it looks a fantastic place to live and bring up a family (if too hot and full of huge bugs!).

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

I watch a lot of A league football since BT sport started showing it. The standard is really good and I really enjoy watching it. There are a few talented players who I'm surprised haven't been taken by clubs over here, Mooy is very highly rated. How do you lure someone from Australia though, it looks a fantastic place to live and bring up a family (if too hot and full of huge bugs!).

"has openly gone on record as saying he wants to move to England " as CCA said may help with that! :P

I bet on Australia a few weeks ago against Jordan in a WC qualifier so decided to stream the game. Noticed Mooy was playing and he's been mentioned a fair bit on here before so I took extra note of him. To cut a long story short he was awful and so were Australia (lost 2-0). Probably unfair to judge him just on that though.

27 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I bet on Australia a few weeks ago against Jordan in a WC qualifier so decided to stream the game. Noticed Mooy was playing and he's been mentioned a fair bit on here before so I took extra note of him. To cut a long story short he was awful and so were Australia (lost 2-0). Probably unfair to judge him just on that though.

None of the players turned up against Jordan, their manager was livid at them and went mad about the lack of passion in the team after the game.

What I like about Mooy is he came through a British youth team, was good for St MIrren, moved to Aus with family and within 4 years has become a Marqee player out there.

He's only 25, and pulls the strings in a strong Melbourne City side. I've seen few better free kick takers than him, and he is always everywhere on the pitch. He gets stuck in and has a cracking pass and a blinding strike from range. He's a good penalty taker and Tim Cahill has said of late, he is the most exciting player in the A League and is good enough to play at the highest level. Tim Cahill is a very experienced pro so to be bigged up by him would speak volumes to me. The asking price is reportedly 1.5m AUSD . This equates to about £750,000, which would be a price worth paying for a player of his potential. 

He would be an excellent piece of business and would make financial sense, especially as the A League has a 10K wage cap, so he would also fit into our wage structure.

47 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

None of the players turned up against Jordan, their manager was livid at them and went mad about the lack of passion in the team after the game.

What I like about Mooy is he came through a British youth team, was good for St MIrren, moved to Aus with family and within 4 years has become a Marqee player out there.

He's only 25, and pulls the strings in a strong Melbourne City side. I've seen few better free kick takers than him, and he is always everywhere on the pitch. He gets stuck in and has a cracking pass and a blinding strike from range. He's a good penalty taker and Tim Cahill has said of late, he is the most exciting player in the A League and is good enough to play at the highest level. Tim Cahill is a very experienced pro so to be bigged up by him would speak volumes to me. The asking price is reportedly 1.5m AUSD . This equates to about £750,000, which would be a price worth paying for a player of his potential. 

He would be an excellent piece of business and would make financial sense, especially as the A League has a 10K wage cap, so he would also fit into our wage structure.

Fair enough mate. You know him a lot better than I do so I'll trust your judgement on him!

2 hours ago, Selred said:

"has openly gone on record as saying he wants to move to England " as CCA said may help with that! :P

Interesting, I didn't realise that. I know last season and the one before there were a few names I recognised from over here playing in the A league, Heskey for one, Harry Kewell, Del Piero, Andy Keogh was playing for Perth Glory but seems to have moved on now.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

As weird as it seems to us many Aussies hate the sun - they cant go out most of the time and its too hot to do anything.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Interesting, I didn't realise that. I know last season and the one before there were a few names I recognised from over here playing in the A league, Heskey for one, Harry Kewell, Del Piero, Andy Keogh was playing for Perth Glory but seems to have moved on now.

Andy Keogh was at Perth Glory last year and the year before as their Marqee player, but they had 6 players on wages above the league wage cap so they were disqualified from the league . Andy Keogh is in Australia and has signed a 10 match contract for Perth on a holiday contract, as because his wages were above the salary last year, he can't get a working visa for 12 months in Aus, and can only play on a holiday contract, which he's just signed.

13 hours ago, RedDave said:

Just signed for Man City.  If anyone cares.

I had to actually Google this to check you weren't joking, he's good but not THAT good. Then I remembered he was playing for Man City's sister club in Oz, but it's a heck of a step up I would think. Surely he has to be going out on loan to a Championship club next season, I can't see him getting a game there *

*watch him now play every Man City game and go on to be player of the season!

Archived