IGNORED

England at the Gate

RedLionLad

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Credit where it`s due, JP`s city credentials were never in any doubt today!

Good game too, must have been hell in those conditions. Another test for the pitch too although you don`t get many sliding tackles and things like that in the women`s game so shouldn`t have cut up too badly.

Quite. Those grass stains won't wash themselves out.

The standard of the top teams like England is coming on in leaps and bounds. Nice crisp one touch passing, getting it wide at every opportunity and really attacking the ball when it`s put into the box are just three things that come to mind.

AG did look good and it has to be said there was a really good atmosphere. Even the band sounded good!:whistle:

Just got back. Can't remember a more one sided game of football. England got caught in the trap of overplaying when they needed to play 1 / 2 touch football to break the Bosnians down. If we'd scored early, we could've scored a lot. England goalie touched the ball once in first half I think.

7 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Saved me commenting, do they actually think they or the so called jokes are actually funny? But I must say that Archie Andrews is a proper clown though.

You'll be accused of being "PC" now - but there's a difference between being PC and not behaving like it's still 1970, isn't there.

24 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Credit where it`s due, JP`s city credentials were never in any doubt today!

Good game too, must have been hell in those conditions. Another test for the pitch too although you don`t get many sliding tackles and things like that in the women`s game so shouldn`t have cut up too badly.

Looking at the Bosnian team  I think some of them would appreciate a dive in the box more than a sliding tackle 

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It'll look even better next season without the low camera angle giving it a distinct non-league-early-rounds-of-the-cup type of feel.

I knew there was something that was making the stadium look rather less impressive than in person. Where will the cameras be next season? (Stupid question probably, I should really know that)

2 minutes ago, MaverickTheBritish said:

I knew there was something that was making the stadium look rather less impressive than in person. Where will the cameras be next season? (Stupid question probably, I should really know that)

Somewhere high up in the new West Stand I think - it'll look a lot more White Hart Lane and a lot less Highbury, if you know what I mean!

Archived