IGNORED

The Officially Short Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day Thread

6 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

He is a liar - he'll even tell you he's got a real hedgehog.

IT'S NOT REAL - IT'S ****ING STUFFED.

:disapointed2se:

Uncle TFR

City were stuffed today by a stupid player who should have had the experience to handle the fact that he all ready has a final warning from the ref. Also the fact that Cotts didn't decide to sub him at half time.   The only good thing I heard on RB today was Ann the traffic report girl, what a very sexy voice!

56 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So every time you have a defender on a yellow you take him off at HT? Do me a favour!

do me a favour and red what I put???? he was on a yellow and had been warned after receiving his yellow during the first half after another dodgy tackle that he was on his last chance so anything else and hes off! yet cotts decided a center back could go 60 odd minutes without any iffy tackles???? common sence says take him off at half time. cott is not the man to keep us up. basic stuff.

Edited by Tauntonian
3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

City were stuffed today by a stupid player who should have had the experience to handle the fact that he all ready has a final warning from the ref. Also the fact that Cotts didn't decide to sub him at half time.   The only good thing I heard on RB today was Ann the traffic report girl, what a very sexy voice!

City AND Horace BOTH stuffed: you heard it here first.

;)

Uncle TFR

Been here before. No surprises.

With no Championship standard goal scorers putting chances away, slowly but surely confidence start to ebb away from the entire team. Rot starts to set in with the midfield, then spreads to the back line. 

Sounds like the decision not to take Baker off was a game changer. Love Cotts, love his set up but that was one massively bad call.  The minus points are now starting to add up.

He's still in credit for me but only just. 

If Freeman isn't dropped after another awful performance then I will be truly mistified. Reid wasn't great today but considering he shouldn't be played in the middle 2 I don't think you can slate him too much. Freeman out for Reid and maybe we'll see some attacking promise from the team, even though Baker has clearly tightened us defensively he's practically useless going forward and I think the return of a very fresh Joe Bryan could help us. 

Very depressing. First half we looked ok. It was obviously a mistake not to take Baker off at ht - he was lucky to stay on in the first half. Having said that goodness knows what Baker was doing out wide when he did commit that foul for the second yellow.

Agard and Freeman were ineffective. Smith and Reid played well. 

Getting some new blood in Jan is essential.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If Freeman isn't dropped after another awful performance then I will be truly mistified. Reid wasn't great today but considering he shouldn't be played in the middle 2 I don't think you can slate him too much. Freeman out for Reid and maybe we'll see some attacking promise from the team, even though Baker has clearly tightened us defensively he's practically useless going forward and I think the return of a very fresh Joe Bryan could help us. 

Agree re freeman the amount of good build up play wasted by him feeling he had to beat a player when a simple pass would have been far more effective. And when he finally did try s simple pass which would have put Bennett through, he couldn't manage it. His worst performance in a series of poor home displays,  at least Reid tried to put the artackers through. Freeman looks ever more like a one trick pony. Far to easy for decent defenders to read. I thought smith was brilliant today and apparently he had s stinker last week, so hopefully Luke can improve next week. He has been playing better away. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, redfieldred said:

Agree re freeman the amount of good build up play wasted by him feeling he had to beat a player when a simple pass would have been far more effective. And when he finally did try s simple pass which would have put Bennett through, he couldn't manage it. His worst performance in a series of poor home displays,  at least Reid tried to put the artackers through. Freeman looks ever more like a one trick pony. Far to easy for decent defenders to read. I thought smith was brilliant today and apparently he had s stinker last week, so hopefully Luke can improve next week. He has been playing better away. 

He's never scored at AG. The guy needs a rest. Reid Bryan Bennett Agard and Kodjia all playing next week should make for some exciting forward movement. 

I thought the game was 50/50 up till the sending off! Nathan Baker needs to look at himself with 3 really awful tackles and apologise to his team mates and Cotts didn't help by not making the substitute at HT. The penalty at the end was never a penalty but if you go to ground in the box and give the ref who was not great for most of the game a decision to make then you're asking for trouble!! Flint needs to stay on his feet, it never cost us the game and it's something he can learn from. 

3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I thought the game was 50/50 up till the sending off! Nathan Baker needs to look at himself with 3 really awful tackles and apologise to his team mates and Cotts didn't help by not making the substitute at HT. The penalty at the end was never a penalty but if you go to ground in the box and give the ref who was not great for most of the game a decision to make then you're asking for trouble!! Flint needs to stay on his feet, it never cost us the game and it's something he can learn from. 

Thought we played the better football first half but the final ball wasn't good enough, Reid needs to work on his corners, all were terrible.