IGNORED

Realistic unemployed managers

Londoner

1 hour ago, Robin 101 said:

I'd still rather have cotterill than anyone else

The mans earned himself time. Stop overreacting. We have made rash decisions before and we ended up at the bottom of league 1. In two years Cotterill has put right a string of rash mistakes lets not make another.

Hear hear

1 hour ago, shelts said:

No doubts Cotts is gone sooner rather than later, last seasons heroics are gone, Neil Warnock for me a proven winner at this level and very good for pr!

Someone mentioned Colin on RB after the game tonight and for the first time I wouldn't be against it as he's the kind of bloke we need to stay up now this season if/when SC goes. Players would come here for him and he could do it on a short term deal. I wouldn't be against Pearson or Clarke but can't see them coming here to be honest. 

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We need to win this match or we will be lower than a dachunds scrotum.

There are lower pairs.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Out of our range 

What the Daschund or Moyes' balls?

25 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I either read or heard on the radio ( very recently) that Moyes would be up for managing in the Championship.

That is simply too vague to be taken seriously. Further information required please Bill.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can't just look at employed managers if we need one. It's a big decision to sack someone so we should be prepared to pay compensation where necessary too if the right man is found.

Maybe Klopp might be worth an interview.

Mind you, I would want reassurances his relations were no where near the Luftwaffe in 1940-1. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Someone mentioned Colin on RB after the game tonight and for the first time I wouldn't be against it as he's the kind of bloke we need to stay up now this season if/when SC goes. Players would come here for him and he could do it on a short term deal. I wouldn't be against Pearson or Clarke but can't see them coming here to be honest. 

Very powerful point - a manager's ability to attract players. We definitely need to use all the extra factors for success we can identify. I don't know why footballers would prefer to pass us by and go to Cardiff(!) ..................and Swansea (!) .......     BUT THEY DO????

As long as SC wasn't responsible for the lack of transfer activity then I think he deserves more time. The spine of the team needs strengthening though and the concern is that Cotterill doesn't sound as if he is planning to be particularly active in the January window.   If a change were made then the stand out candidate for me would be Alan Curbishley.  It's a puzzle given his track record why he hasn't had a managerial position for so long. He'd also have a good handle on the Championship from his work with Fulham before Kit Symons got the chop. 

12 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

As long as SC wasn't responsible for the lack of transfer activity then I think he deserves more time. The spine of the team needs strengthening though and the concern is that Cotterill doesn't sound as if he is planning to be particularly active in the January window.   If a change were made then the stand out candidate for me would be Alan Curbishley.  It's a puzzle given his track record why he hasn't had a managerial position for so long. He'd also have a good handle on the Championship from his work with Fulham before Kit Symons got the chop. 

And he`s still got those houses in Clifton:yawn:

Can't be arsed to read this whole thread but has anyone mentioned mark cooper? Did pretty well at Swindon considering limited resources and picked up some really good young players that got sold on for a profit. Only issue is that he has no championship experience so would probably be overlooked.

Another option is one that I know people will laugh at but what about Neil Warnock? The number one objective is surely to stay up this season, anything else is a bonus and Warnocks record in this league is very good. I'm not certain at the moment if we are guaranteed safety with cotterill but I think we would be with Warnock. The football would be utter sh1te though...

19 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I find it strange when people say this sort of thing, you could also find examples when it's gone right! 

People questioned us bringing in another foreign striker after Styvar - why? If due diligence is done on scouting it's the same as any other homegrown player. Same for managers.

Due diligence? Not a phrase known at Ashton Gate, look how cotts was appointed.

Proven manager who can attract decent players, get promotion and play attractive football.......Keegan !

A lot of our fans wouldn't go for it, but I'd also have Hoddle.

Regardless of all this talk, I'm not advocating getting rid of Cotterill (just yet), but thought I'd mention that if we're struggling to get players to drop into the West Country to play their football, then they need someone at the helm to be attracted to rather than just the club - basically someone who has been there and done it all.

55 minutes ago, Ray White said:

Can't be arsed to read this whole thread but has anyone mentioned mark cooper? Did pretty well at Swindon considering limited resources and picked up some really good young players that got sold on for a profit. Only issue is that he has no championship experience so would probably be overlooked.

Another option is one that I know people will laugh at but what about Neil Warnock? The number one objective is surely to stay up this season, anything else is a bonus and Warnocks record in this league is very good. I'm not certain at the moment if we are guaranteed safety with cotterill but I think we would be with Warnock. The football would be utter sh1te though...

A complete and utter gamble. And no better than what we have. And his teams like to cheat. 

I think we should go after Gary Monk. Maybe he would consider us too low but location wise should be attractive as he has a young family. Yeah Swansea are underperforming this season but only at the start of the season he was regarded by Gazetta Della Sport as one of the brightest young managers in European football. This is of course providing he gets his marching orders from Swansea which looks very likely. 

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

Proven manager who can attract decent players, get promotion and play attractive football.......Keegan !

A lot of our fans wouldn't go for it, but I'd also have Hoddle.

Regardless of all this talk, I'm not advocating getting rid of Cotterill (just yet), but thought I'd mention that if we're struggling to get players to drop into the West Country to play their football, then they need someone at the helm to be attracted to rather than just the club - basically someone who has been there and done it all.

Would never be considered or accepted by a large proportion of our fans but  if I was SL and I was looking  I'd  speak to Hoddle and suss out his desire and the feasibility 

Archived