IGNORED

Bobby Reid

MC RISK77

23 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

We all see things differently but I was focussing on his first half performance when we were well In the game, unfair to judge anyone on the second half as the sending off changed everything.

i thought he found space showed nice touches and his first instinct was to try and find a key pass forward

If you thought Reid played better in either half than smith, we see things very differently. I thought Reid was ok  in patches. Played some good balls and poor ones in both halves. Certainly linked play a lot better than freeman who had a shocker, smith was immense from first whistle to last. 

Must've watched a different game to you sir. Very poor IMO. I really don't get the love in some people have for him on here. If Pack made some of the stray passes Bobby made today there'd have been another 4 page topic about how shit he is. 

People seem to think he is still some 18 year old up and coming academy star. He isn't. He's 1 year younger than Korey Smith and compare the difference in league appearances and achievement between the two. 

Wow wow I wasn't saying he was the answer and maybe my post has brought too much debate...I have never been a great fan of his but on the FIRST HALF only I thought he was effective in playing some good passes having our only shot on target In the whole game and finding space.

i wasn't saying that he is the answer but we looked more solid in the first half than we have for a long time, you can't let what happend In the second half cloud your judgement as the game totally changed...

my my personal opinion is that we are four players short of even being able to stay up.

i think he is league one standard but really in the first half I thought he was as creative a player as we had.

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Must've watched a different game to you sir. Very poor IMO. I really don't get the love in some people have for him on here. If Pack made some of the stray passes Bobby made today there'd have been another 4 page topic about how shit he is. 

People seem to think he is still some 18 year old up and coming academy star. He isn't. He's 1 year younger than Korey Smith and compare the difference in league appearances and achievement between the two. 

You certainly watched a different game to me.

He made two poor errors today giving possession away cheaply but that apart was light years better than Freeman and his delivery of the ball was a real trade up on him.

With Pack back next week he should certainly stay in the side in front of Freeman.

Definitely deserves a run of games in behind the strikers, as is his preferred position when Pack is back next week. Only player on the pitch today that stood out for me from both sides was Korey Smith, always wanted the ball and constantly chasing and pressing. If only we had more with his engine.

2 minutes ago, Kodjia 22 said:

Definitely deserves a run of games in behind the strikers, as is his preferred position when Pack is back next week. Only player on the pitch today that stood out for me from both sides was Korey Smith, always wanted the ball and constantly chasing and pressing. If only we had more with his engine.

Thought handley was brilliant. Didn't put a foot wrong defensively and scored their first vital goal

I think Freeman having such an off day again today made Bobby Reid look at times better than he was. For all his positive actions there were just as many very poor ones. Pack is much better defensively. I watched Reid today, he's not keen to do that side of the game at all. I've never seen anyone sprint back to help out but seemed to get nowhere, hoping it would be sorted out before he arrived. Ok that's not his game but when you are a man down the remaining players all need to step up a bit, Reid wasnt the only one who didn't though by a long shot. 

Korey Smith was by far our best player. His first half performance was probably the best Ive seen. He is better without Pack in the team. We desperately need another quality central midfielder. Reid is not the answer.

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It is all about decisions, and Bobby made some very bad ones that put us 3 times under pressure. It is the reason he has never made the breakthrough. He has lots of ability, but is not a Championship player yet. He needs more game time, and should be really on loan in L1. 

Seeing as the only realistic alternative to him is Freeman, who is currently making more poor decisions each game than he is, would you prefer him to start, then?

Sure Bobby made some bad passes. He was playing out of position. Marlon looked awful his first few games in that position as well. Bobby looks to go forward and can turn and make an attack. I think it more than overdue that he gets a run of games in the Freeman position. Freeman can't receive a pass without it bobbling up at the moment. He's been useless pretty much all season. He needs to be dropped. 

Pack is very important in that role and they were shoes Bobby couldn't fill. Bobby, Korey and Marlon to start for me against Hiddersfield. Freeman can come on after an hour for Bobby. Maybe he'll have better luck running af tired defenders and midfielders. We need a boost and Bobby can provide it. 

For me Reid was absolutely no better, in fact worse than Pack has been this season. I thought he gave the ball away far too often, his touch was poor far too often and he got muscled off the ball far too often. Having said that I agree that he'd be better off in the more attacking role that has been afforded to Freeman and as Freeman looks like a player with zero confidence a spell on the sidelines could be just what he needs therefore I'd give Reid a chance there.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't know about you, but I've got no idea whether Robinson is any good or not!

Neither do I, just making suggestions! But then again we don't really know about Bobby either as neither get substantial game time, okay Bobby played 90 today albeit he wasn't in his favoured position, like to see either given a run instead of Freeman who has be appalling to be honest this season.

43 minutes ago, Kodjia 22 said:

If Freeman was to be dropped you have to look at Callum Robinson aswell, surely? Right now I'd prefer Bobby or Robinson the way Freeman has played this season.

To be honest at the moment if fit enough I'd be happy to see wagstaff given a run out, always been professional puts in a shift and will add a bit of expirence and championship know how that were missing at the moment

2 hours ago, gordie said:

Personally thought he didn't do himself any favours, thought he was as shite as the rest of them.

He was the only one to get a shot on target, so he did something no one else did!

No, I agree with the OP that up until we were forced onto the back foot by the sending off he was a livewire and certainly contributed more than Freeman. 

With Pack back I'd have no hesitation in playing Bob instead of Luke. 

I think Freeman is as good as he will ever be, Bobby has bags more unfulfilled potential. Both are similar in the way they play rather hot or cold , consistently being a problem as well as decision making. Time for Ried to get a run in front of Freeman

Sorry for me with Reid its sentimental. He isn't championship, far from it. He makes a couple of tidy sideways passes but his overall ball retention and passing accuracy is poor. We know Bobby's frame but you cannot be so easily muscled off the ball. Smith and Lee Johnson found ways to counter this..

Bobby hasn't had a run in L1 why does that make him fine for the championship. Its lack of players in the position is why he is anywhere near the squad. 

Don't get me started on Freeman. He seems to have lost the ability to play football. 

2 hours ago, shelts said:

I think Freeman is as good as he will ever be, Bobby has bags more unfulfilled potential. Both are similar in the way they play rather hot or cold , consistently being a problem as well as decision making. Time for Ried to get a run in front of Freeman

If that's as good as Freemans going to get, that's a very depressing thought. He has definitely played better away this season. I would hope he could find some confidence and start playing with some belief. He has to vary his game more. Too predictable and easy to read, 

26 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

Sorry for me with Reid its sentimental. He isn't championship, far from it. He makes a couple of tidy sideways passes but his overall ball retention and passing accuracy is poor. We know Bobby's frame but you cannot be so easily muscled off the ball. Smith and Lee Johnson found ways to counter this..

Bobby hasn't had a run in L1 why does that make him fine for the championship. 

Because he's improved, mate? He was a very young player when he first got a team outing. Now he has got smarter.

For me, Reid was probably our second best player after Corey. 

Archived