IGNORED

Advice required on stabbing a fellow red.

Mad Cyril

Aside from all the drama on the pitch. I would welcome some advice on potential drama in the stand.

So with the stadium redevelopment, I find my season ticket seat in my third spot in the ground in three seasons. All is good. Until now. 

So far I have been largely fortunate to share my little bit of rented Ashton Gate with good people. Until this season.

Yep, I have Mr Grade One Nobber sat behind me now with a compulsion to issue dire commentary out loud for 90 minutes at every home game to every effing pass and moment of the match. 

God, if I want to hear cr@p like 'close him' 'he's done you' 'push up' 'hit the target' 'he's left his team mates under pressure taking that red' and other such splurge of hindsight cliches, I will tune into radio Bristol.

So my options -

1) ignore a fellow red, he is one of our own and entitled to shout what he wants.

2) stuff having a moan on the forum. Man up Cyril and have a polite word with him. What could go wrong with 5 months of the season to go sat in front of him. You will be helping him to address his anger issues.

3) contact Bris Sport and pay the fee for the five of you to shift seats. Enjoy the rest of the season behind a restricted view.

4) stuff that, turn round, stab him on the face with a rusty screwdriver, cut his chest open and rip his beating heart out, eat it in front of his face, then cut his head off and sh1t down his neck. Dance round his twitching corpse and sing I can't here you anymore.

Any constructive advice appreciated. I will go with the most popular vote and take 20 years to cheer up the forum as required.

Thanks, Cyril.

Option 1 but only because there are probably 15 of you sat around me thinking the same thing. Most of the time it's not a conscious thing but I do tend to moan quite a bit. And I don't fancy being stabbed with a rusty screwdriver so hopefully my vote helps spare a fellow moaning red. 

I must attract these types too. Last season I moved because of a unpleasant large man sprawling across his seat and mine. This season I have a bloke behind me who digs his knees into my back, yes the legroom in the Dolman isn't great and I can forgive him for that, but them he seems to jiggle/shake his legs like he's either nervous/excited or shivering all match!!!! It's like having an unpleasant massage all match. I've taken to pushing back in my seat and trying to squash him more, this works for a few moments then he starts again.

I can't describe how fricking annoying it is. :grr:

I have been following this forum for years but have never signed up untill today, so this is my first post bear with me.

Saw your post and I to have two fellow reds behind me, I would not mind a football commentary either  positive or negative and amusing jokes comments etc.

But the two guys behind me talking loud  about the pros and cons of their decorating business this has been going on for weeks, today I said cmon lads just watch the football,

this was followed by every other word beginning with the letter F. Now if I wanted to hear all about fitting removing priming sealing painting skirting boards then of to finish painting the Kitchen Bathroom I would watch Homes under the Hammer or DIY sos So I had my quiet word what now? Ca we swap seats? (joke)

43 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

this was followed by every other word beginning with the letter F. Now if I wanted to hear all about fitting removing priming sealing pain. Can we swap seats? (joke)

Hey welcome TwoSheds.

Your swap offer can be option 5. I would happily swap, but I am now committed to the will of OTIB.

Let the forum decide.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

Aside from all the drama on the pitch. I would welcome some advice on potential drama in the stand.

So with the stadium redevelopment, I find my season ticket seat in my third spot in the ground in three seasons. All is good. Until now. 

So far I have been largely fortunate to share my little bit of rented Ashton Gate with good people. Until this season.

Yep, I have Mr Grade One Nobber sat behind me now with a compulsion to issue dire commentary out loud for 90 minutes at every home game to every effing pass and moment of the match. 

God, if I want to hear cr@p like 'close him' 'he's done you' 'push up' 'hit the target' 'he's left his team mates under pressure taking that red' and other such splurge of hindsight cliches, I will tune into radio Bristol.

So my options -

1) ignore a fellow red, he is one of our own and entitled to shout what he wants.

2) stuff having a moan on the forum. Man up Cyril and have a polite word with him. What could go wrong with 5 months of the season to go sat in front of him. You will be helping him to address his anger issues.

3) contact Bris Sport and pay the fee for the five of you to shift seats. Enjoy the rest of the season behind a restricted view.

4) stuff that, turn round, stab him on the face with a rusty screwdriver, cut his chest open and rip his beating heart out, eat it in front of his face, then cut his head off and sh1t down his neck. Dance round his twitching corpse and sing I can't here you anymore.

Any constructive advice appreciated. I will go with the most popular vote and take 20 years to cheer up the forum as required.

Thanks, Cyril.

I used to take Ear Plugs...Didnt shut it all out, but it helped and eventually said penis got the message....Ask one of your mates at BAe for some ear defenders even better and it will keep your ears warm!!

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

So my options -

Thanks, Cyril.

Can I interest you in a range of finely crafted bamboo sticks, shivs and traps?

26 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

how about this. Get down there a bit earlier and repaint the row letter to something further up the alphabet and watch him keep climbing the steps to find his seat.  Problem solved for you at least.

just pretend to take a fancy to him,a couple of games of winks,blowing kisses and asking for a date might make him uncomfortable.tell him how much you love his voice and want to  hear more somewhere else. failing that,i like locos idea. if neither of those work,the rusty screwdriver should be deployed

17 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

just pretend to take a fancy to him,a couple of games of winks,blowing kisses and asking for a date might make him uncomfortable.tell him how much you love his voice and want to  hear more somewhere else. failing that,i like locos idea. if neither of those work,the rusty screwdriver should be deployed

Go with this.

better (and gayer) than my letter idea.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

just pretend to take a fancy to him,a couple of games of winks,blowing kisses and asking for a date might make him uncomfortable.tell him how much you love his voice and want to  hear more somewhere else. failing that,i like locos idea

If you can get a bit of training and practice from Duncan Norville you'll scare the pants off of the **** behind you.... Borrow one of Duncans pastel coloured 80"s suits, turn around give the guy behind a wink and a chheeky grin tap his knee and challenge him to chase you...

That should do the trick, you wont see his ass for dust, - (or you may find your soul mate and live happily ever after together.. :) ) ... Go on chase him!

People can be annoying. You might have a couple of guys who always come in a few minutes late. Then leave for the toilet a little before half time then come back in time for the HT whistle. Repeat in second half and every game ! But you might not

I'm in the Dolman this year, but not next !

Archived