Reid 6.5

Freeman 6

Williams 6

Agard 6

Kodjia 6

----------------

Wilbraham 6

Bryan 6

Moore 7 (looked like the player we thought we'd signed)

----------------

I am sure plenty will disagree with my ratings.  But that was how I saw it from the South Stand 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@dereks no1 here you go

Fielding 6

Ayling 6

Flint 6

Baker 4

Bennett 7

Smith 7.5

Reid 6.5

Freeman 6

Williams 6

Agard 6

Kodjia 6

----------------

Wilbraham 6

Bryan 6

----------------

I am sure plenty will disagree with my ratings.  But that was how I saw it from the South Stand 

Agree except for Reid probably 6 and Bennett 6.5 other than that, agree.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Phileas Fogg I'll take that.  At least we seem to have seen a very similar game.

i just thought Reid was better than a 6, Bennett better than Reid, and Smith better than Bennett.

Some people seemed to have been watching Dog Sh1t??????

Maybe it's where we view the game from, I was in the Dolman and maybe from the SS you get a better impression of Bennett's runs and crosses than I do. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@dereks no1 here you go

Fielding 6

Ayling 6

Flint 6

Baker 4

Bennett 7

Smith 7.5

Reid 6.5

Freeman 6

Williams 6

Agard 6

Kodjia 6

----------------

Wilbraham 6

Bryan 6

----------------

Freeman 6!!!!!!! Can't have been watching the same game as me. 

I didn't think he had a bad game...I would accept 5.5 if you want.  I think he is playing in a really tough position, getting significantly less space than last season.  I thought he put in a lot of effort, popped it off.  He seems to attract that awkward to control ball at neck high, and seems to want to control with his leg, when I think most would just head it on.  At least he wants to retain the ball by taking the more difficult option.

I would probably give him a rest next week, let Pack come back in and play Bobby in a flatter three as we are away from home.

Assuming Williams also out, then I'd go with:

Fielding:

Ayling, Flint, Moore

Bennett, Smith, Pack, Reid, Bryan (Williams if fit)

Wilbraham, Kodjia

i would resist moving Williams back into LCB if fit, think Moore is plenty good enough.  Maybe time for Joe to return to form?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I didn't think he had a bad game...I would accept 5.5 if you want.  I think he is playing in a really tough position, getting significantly less space than last season.  I thought he put in a lot of effort, popped it off.  He seems to attract that awkward to control ball at neck high, and seems to want to control with his leg, when I think most would just head it on.  At least he wants to retain the ball by taking the more difficult option.

I would probably give him a rest next week, let Pack come back in and play Bobby in a flatter three as we are away from home.

Assuming Williams also out, then I'd go with:

Fielding:

Ayling, Flint, Moore

Bennett, Smith, Pack, Reid, Bryan (Williams if fit)

Wilbraham, Kodjia

i would resist moving Williams back into LCB if fit, think Moore is plenty good enough.  Maybe time for Joe to return to form?

Not sure what your idea of a bad game is then. He lost the ball every time he tried to beat a player and didn't make a single incisive pass to put anyone through. Every bit of good play we had ended with him losing the ball. 3 is probably nearer the truth. I was being kind with 4. He was awful!! No other word. The worst attacking midfield display I have seen by a city player in a long time. 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Shall we agree to disagree then?  :P

Can't work out how you didn't see how poor he was. Plenty have pointed it out. A simple pass to Bennett would have put him through after some great approach play by smith and Reid. He  couldn't manage it. After a lively bit of interplay I watched him run at a defender and KNEW he was not going to beat him, as he hasn't beaten a defender for a bout 6 hours.  You say he tries the difficult things. Yes he does. But that's a bit pointless if you NEVER succeed. He would be better off not trying the difficult thing. That way we would keep possession. 

I didn't think he was poor.  I've conceded he might not have been a 6, but I think he was better than 4/10.  That's the same as you've given Baker!

With 11 men I thought he was making a decent enough contribution to our efforts.  Sometimes the angles aren't there for the balls / passes you think a player should make.

Opinions and views mate.

Fielding - 8

Ayling - 7

Flint - 7

Baker - 2

Bennett - 6

Freeman - 4

Smith - 7

Reid - 4

Williams - 6

Kodjia - 5

Agard - 5

Some differences from previous posts:

Fielding 8. He did nothing wrong and made a great save from Agard's awful back pass, so why only give him a 6?

Ayling and Flint both 7. Blackburn hardly had a chance in the game so give them some credit 

Baker 2.  Not worth any more due to his stupid attitude. 

Reid 4. Got to get real - he's not a Championship player. 

Fielding 6.5- Not much to do really and don't think either goal was his fault. Made a brilliant save after a boneheaded back pass by Agard.

Bennett 6.5- Did his normal work down the right wing where we seem to favor now. Crossing was a little sub par for his standards.

Ayling 6- Didn't stand out. Didn't think he did much wrong.

Flint 6- He may have approached 7 without the sending off. Thought he was good and kept Rhodes at bay which isn't easy. The pen he was clumsy regardless of whether you thought it was or not. 

Baker 4- Didn't seem like he wanted to be on the pitch and made that dream a reality after a mere 49 minutes.

Williams 6.5- Also puts in a decent shift every time out. He done some good defensive work yesterday. Thought he could've gambled back post once or twice but think he is very wary of counter attacks.

Reid 6- Not the answer when Pack is out. Had some lovely touches and turns. Have the ball away dangerously a few times. Mixed bag from a young player. Think he needs a run or appear maces in the Freeman role to give him maybe his last chance at being a difference maker on this squad. 

Smith 7.5- Best player by a mile. Some composed receiving passes and moving the ball on. Was put in numerous dodgy spots and came away each time beautifully. Truly class at this level and for us. Lucky not to be booked though. 

Freeman 5- Seems to dribble into defenders. Not very good in tight spots. Seems like every time he receives ball it bobbles up to his chest. He needs dropped badly. Lovely work rate but need more creativity from our creative mid fielder.

Agard 5.5- Again lovely work rate but not a goal threat. Not good for your striker. Was repeatedly shrugged aside as he backed into their defenders and ball coming to his feet. Bad pass in 1st half almost cost a goal. The partnership with Kodjia is just not there and think we all owe Wilbraham an apology. He needs to be starting most matches but subbed most matches. Don't think it's a surprise the few goals we have had have dried up with Agard in. 

Kodjia 6- Looked much more energetic than the Hull game. Looked to make something happen a few times but he's just got no help whatsoever. Feeling a bit bad for him. 

Moore 7- For the little time he was on, I thought he brought an edge to the team that was needed. Think he was fouled on their first goal on the initial corner kick but no luck. He certainly looked better in 35 minutes than he did in any previous run.

Joe didn't play long enough and Wilbs was his usual self backing into defenders and made a bit of space and held it up better than Agard had. Needs a start I think. 

Thought the game could've used Wes to replace Bennett in the last 20. Bennett looked a bit tired and Wes' pace could've been a different look. Though it worked out he wasn't used as Williams needed to come off. 

Up until the sending off, think the game had 0-0 written all over it. Certainly wasn't our worst performance of the season. 

Freeman had another shocker yesterday and i see an average performance a '6' and he certainly didn't have an average performance.
He has lost his touch and is far too weak for this league and runs himself into trouble constantly. Yesterday was another one of them games for him.

3 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Freeman had another shocker yesterday and i see an average performance a '6' and he certainly didn't have an average performance.
He has lost his touch and is far too weak for this league and runs himself into trouble constantly. Yesterday was another one of them games for him.

I agree but some people seemed to think he was alright, I think they must judge performances by intentions rather than results. He is always willing to run and close down. Maybe that's why, 

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

He is always willing to run and close down. Maybe that's why, 

Which, believe it or not is also part of his job (in midfield, albeit and advanced one).  We herald Korey for doing that.  We don't castigate his lack of creativity.

Ive given my rating (and yes I'm biting now :P), and from what I saw yesterday, I think he did okay.

Would love to be able to watch the 90 minutes (or 66 in Freemans case) again, like I was able to v Hull where he was much more influential than I saw from pitch side.

As you've stated - some people can't see Pack's contribution this season, and are tarring him each match because of his odd bad game.  I wonder whether some are doing that with Freeman.  I don't disagree he hasn't got anywhere near last season's heights, but from what I observed, I thought he was ok yesterday.

Being objective, I'd play Pack, Smith and Reid next week, because all in all they have been more effective overall (Bobby deserves to get another start).

Archived