IGNORED

Half Time

KingLear

The league table as it would look if the games had ended at half time this season.....

Some might argue the relevance of posting this but for me I think this is really interesting, obviously an area to work on and try to identify just why we are dropping so many points/conceding so many goals in the second half?

Half-Time.png

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What's interesting is the rest of the table isn't that radically different. Definitely worth exploring, what's the issue? Fitness? Mental toughness?

Subs? Leaving it so late to actually change anything. 

I guess if anything it gives us all a bit of hope, something obviously changes after half time, whether we sit back on a lead (MK Dons) or get a player sent off (Blackburn), it proves that we should come out with the same attitude, easier said than done obviously, not saying that it would make us a top half team but should comfortably see us stay up.

Or does it just show that other managers have the tactical nouse and foresight to be able to make the necessary changes to change the course of a match (substitutions etc) that Cotterill might just be lacking at this level?

Either way it is a worrying statistic and one that could prove pivotal for the rest of the season.

Interesting though. If you put the separate halves as different matches we'd have played 38 and got 43 points from them. Obviously stats can always be a bit misleading with things like this but I think it does back up the "better than the table suggests" claims tbg.

Most managers change the team and / or the formation and / or the tactics as game progresses. Cotts sticks with plan A regardless. Most managers have a reasonable squad to chose from, which means they have players on the bench who can come on as a substitute and affect the game. Cotts either thinks his subs aren't any good or has some other, unknown, reason for not using them. 

It fits in with my little theory that the lads , Cotts included , gave absolutely everything last season and are , for want of a better phrase , " burnt out  " .

The spirit is willing but the tank is empty .

This is the reason why we should have bought in fresh legs to carry the momentum and energy of our excellent campaign into this .

34 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Most managers change the team and / or the formation and / or the tactics as game progresses. Cotts sticks with plan A regardless. Most managers have a reasonable squad to chose from, which means they have players on the bench who can come on as a substitute and affect the game. Cotts either thinks his subs aren't any good or has some other, unknown, reason for not using them. 

It must be a doddle for opposition managers to prepare for a match against us .

Same players , Same formation .

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think we lack a bit of mental toughness if I'm honest....

Whens the last time we won after falling behind - must be well back into last season

Need a leader on the pitch IMO

Add SCs reluctance / inability to change the game tactically

Agree, it certainly isn't this season because all three of our wins have been on the back of clean sheets.

Not bringing in a replacement in the summer with the experience of Wade Elliott has cost us dear, in my opinion.

Leyton Orient 3rd March 

1 down after 4 mins but turned it round and won 3-1

I see we did it 3 times last season - two others Colchester at home and Notts County away were August

Does worry me when SC keeps saying post match how the first goal 'knocked us back' 

In the majority of games it's gonna happen to one side or the other Steve !!! we can't keep getting knocked over if we concede a goal

Archived