IGNORED

Huddersfield Game

HLR

·         Only 450 tickets sold so far for Huddersfield on Saturday...

Appreciate it is nearly xmas and horrible up north, but how many clubs charge a tenner for a ticket?!

Considering the boys and the gaffer need as many of us behind them as possible at the moment, feel it is a bit of a poor effort really

(NB. I know WBA is a shorter journey, but guarantee lots will be wanting to travel there quite gladly in January....)

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I'm guessing the time of year and distance will put a lot of people off going but not as much as the god awful football we have been serving up of late!

I take my hat off to anyone stupid enough to make the journey...

It's the hope that drives us all on . The disappointment we've learned to live with .

51 minutes ago, HLR said:

Appreciate it is nearly xmas and horrible up north, but how many clubs charge a tenner for a ticket?!

Considering the boys and the gaffer need as many of us behind them as possible at the moment, feel it is a bit of a poor effort really

(NB. I know WBA is a shorter journey, but guarantee lots will be wanting to travel there quite gladly in January....)

"Horrible up North"!!!!!!!! yes that right Hebden Bridge, Stoodly Pike, Bronte Country, the Penines, all considerably less aesthetic than Hartcliffe, Kowle West, Southmead LDubs, St Paul's, Easton etc.

Spend some time in Yorkshire before you slag it off, where else can you be surrounded by farmers markets, a canal at your  back doors and snow capped hills my the fourt floor bedroom. It's far from horrible here kid!

16 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

"Horrible up North"!!!!!!!! yes that right Hebden Bridge, Stoodly Pike, Bronte Country, the Penines, all considerably less aesthetic than Hartcliffe, Kowle West, Southmead LDubs, St Paul's, Easton etc.

Spend some time in Yorkshire before you slag it off, where else can you be surrounded by farmers markets, a canal at your  back doors and snow capped hills my the fourt floor bedroom. It's far from horrible here kid!

Here, here. My bit is lovely too....rolling hills, dramatic coastlines, local cider maker just started up.

2 hours ago, HLR said:

This maybe true..... but it cant be as bad as Cam... So I think we will make the journey.... :)

I'll be POTD. As soon as I read about entry for a tenner I booked a cheap train ticket.

If the game's called off for any reason, I'll have a day of looking round West Yorks. Pity my son's no longer at Huddersfield Uni.

If the fixture planners had been kind we'd have had Huddersfield away just days after Rotherham away. Last time in this Division we were at Huddersfield on Saturday and Bradford on Tuesday so the team and those fans could afford it, could avoid two long trips and stay in the area.

39 minutes ago, 22A said:

I'll be POTD. As soon as I read about entry for a tenner I booked a cheap train ticket.

If the game's called off for any reason, I'll have a day of looking round West Yorks. Pity my son's no longer at Huddersfield Uni.

If the fixture planners had been kind we'd have had Huddersfield away just days after Rotherham away. Last time in this Division we were at Huddersfield on Saturday and Bradford on Tuesday so the team and those fans could afford it, could avoid two long trips and stay in the area.

Huddersfield/Derby isn`t too bad. Pity there`s no decent racing up that way Sunday/Monday/Tuesday though otherwise I`d be staying over. Cheap as chips B&Bs this time of year too.

The match day price is good, but going by CATS it's still £24/£29. It would have been a nice gesture for the club to knock a chunk of money off for this trip, if not for everyone at least for the poor buggers who went to Rotherham. (No I wasn't one of them, and I'm already doing something else on Saturday anyway)

I'm hearing on the news today petrol/diesel prices are about to fall even more too. Hopefully cheaper prices will filter through soon then.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

The match day price is good, but going by CATS it's still £24/£29. It would have been a nice gesture for the club to knock a chunk of money off for this trip, if not for everyone at least for the poor buggers who went to Rotherham. (No I wasn't one of them, and I'm already doing something else on Saturday anyway)

I'm hearing on the news today petrol/diesel prices are about to fall even more too. Hopefully cheaper prices will filter through soon then.

Very good point. Some clubs lay on free coaches for at least one away match per season. A gesture like that, especially after the Rotherham and Blackburn games, would have been good Christmas PR for the club and a reward for the fans...

For those of you travelling up on Saturday, I was in Leeds today and the M1 50mph section passing Sheffield etc is still there, in fact it seem to be an almost permanent fixture. I am sure most of you factor such things into your trips but thought I would just remind you.

12 hours ago, RedM said:

For 3 of us, the tickets are £25.....the coach fares would be £72.

I think I'll hire a car for the whole weekend for £30 less.

Surely at only £10 per ticket, the "thousands" who boycotted Sheffield Wednesday purely because of the pricing (as many were claiming was the case) should be all over this one..?

what better opportunity to show that well priced tickets will attract supporters and encourage more clubs to do this more often. 

In reality, it's quite possible that more will have gone to Sheffield for £39 than will go to Huddersfield for just a tenner. 

Were people using the price as an excuse simply not to bother..? Surely not..?! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely at only £10 per ticket, the "thousands" who boycotted Sheffield Wednesday purely because of the pricing (as many were claiming was the case) should be all over this one..?

what better opportunity to show that well priced tickets will attract supporters and encourage more clubs to do this more often. 

In reality, it's quite possible that more will have gone to Sheffield for £39 than will go to Huddersfield for just a tenner. 

Were people using the price as an excuse simply not to bother..? Surely not..?! 

It's difficult to compare because of our form and that we're in December now. Has Sheffield Weds at the beginning of the season been a tenner we'd sell it out. 800 or so after POTD isn't a bad effort considering time of year and form.

Hi I hope this is OK. I know it's not totally related to the discussion. Your site was recommended to us by a dear friend and massive Bristol City supporter. 

We are a family run public house in Brighouse 4 miles from Huddersfield's John Smith Stadium (just off the M62 junction 25).

We will be happy to welcome any Bristol City fans before and after the game in our cosy and friendly pub. We have played host to many many football fans in the past and will do are best to accommodate you. 

The Commercial/Railway, 1 Gooder Lane, Brighouse, HD6 1HF 01484 714755 Facebook The Commercial/Railway

Look forward to seeing you and good luck for the match on Saturday. 

35 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's difficult to compare because of our form and that we're in December now. Has Sheffield Weds at the beginning of the season been a tenner we'd sell it out. 800 or so after POTD isn't a bad effort considering time of year and form.

I hear you, but, all those who claimed to be boycotting purely because of price, have the perfect opportunity to stand by their claims and principles here. I bet you the vast majority of the supposed thousands that would have been at Sheffield had ticket prices been lower, were infact talking nonsense. 

On 12/8/2015 at 15:18, YorkshireSection said:

And don't forget beautiful York, was there a couple of years ago, terrific sausages!

3 hours ago, CR said:

Hi I hope this is OK. I know it's not totally related to the discussion. Your site was recommended to us by a dear friend and massive Bristol City supporter. 

We are a family run public house in Brighouse 4 miles from Huddersfield's John Smith Stadium (just off the M62 junction 25).

We will be happy to welcome any Bristol City fans before and after the game in our cosy and friendly pub. We have played host to many many football fans in the past and will do are best to accommodate you. 

The Commercial/Railway, 1 Gooder Lane, Brighouse, HD6 1HF 01484 714755 Facebook The Commercial/Railway

Look forward to seeing you and good luck for the match on Saturday. 

Brass Band country!

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I hear you, but, all those who claimed to be boycotting purely because of price, have the perfect opportunity to stand by their claims and principles here. I bet you the vast majority of the supposed thousands that would have been at Sheffield had ticket prices been lower, were infact talking nonsense. 

What a disproportionately aggressive post. 

I boycotted SWFC as the price was extraordinary, I am going to Huddersfield but will POTD.

If SWFC was a tenner we'd have had 4k there, let's not forget we had 4800 there in roughly 2003 after winning 11 on the bounce.

Plenty won't go to Huddersfield who boycotted SWFC because it's Christmas and understandably will be spending time with family or at work to ensure they get Christmas off.

43 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

I boycotted SWFC as the price was extraordinary, I am going to Huddersfield but will POTD.

If SWFC was a tenner we'd have had 4k there, let's not forget we had 4800 there in roughly 2003 after winning 11 on the bounce.

Plenty won't go to Huddersfield who boycotted SWFC because it's Christmas and understandably will be spending time with family or at work to ensure they get Christmas off.

How is it aggressive..?! 

Around the time people were boycotting the Sheffield Wednesday match, there were lots of people claiming it was purely down to price and that we would show them when better priced fixtures came around. My point is simply that, as suspected at the time, it wasn't purely down to price, otherwise where are those 4K now that tickets for Huddersfield are an excellent price of just £10...?

I'm fully aware that it nearly Christmas, but thanks for the heads up on that. 

It doesn't change the fact that there is a football match involving City, in Yorkshire area, for just £10 and there aren't thousands heading up there. 

It doesn't help demonstrate the point that people were so vocal about back in August, does it..?

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How is it aggressive..?! 

Around the time people were boycotting the Sheffield Wednesday match, there were lots of people claiming it was purely down to price and that we would show them when better priced fixtures came around. My point is simply that, as suspected at the time, it wasn't purely down to price, otherwise where are those 4K now that tickets for Huddersfield are an excellent price of just £10...?

It doesn't change the fact that there is a football match involving City, in Yorkshire area, for just £10 and there aren't thousands heading up there. 

It doesn't help demonstrate the point that people were so vocal about back in August, does it..?

It's an interesting point regarding the ticket prices versus away following. I made the decision not to go to Sheffield Wednesday due to the prices which I found to be excessive for a second division game of football, also taking into consideration the price was reduced for reading.

I will be going Saturday and think it's a good show by Huddersfield to reduce the ticket prices taking into consideration the closeness to Xmas. However, due to the time of year , I suspect this will be one people may consider missing , when you take into consideration the distance and the travel costs. Had this game been played any other time of the year , at the same price I would suspect we would take at least double whatever we take this week 

On 8 December 2015 at 12:16, HLR said:

Yes I will be going to WBA and not Huddersfield regardless of whether it's a ten spot or its snowing. Our gaffer has lost the plot and the sooner he is sacked the better, maybe the players could try a little a harder and stop making so many school boy errors, the backing from the fans is premier league  shame on the pitch its league one!

Hi. A Terriers fan here!

Yes the weather forecast for around late morning in the Pennine area isn't great but the match should be safe enough! It's good to see so many of you are planning to travel up because as I know from visiting Ashton Gate it's a fair old distance.  Our fans are on a 'high' of expectation at the moment due to the dramatic impact our new Head Coach David Wagner is having on our playing style. Although our league position and results might not reflect this, we've actually played some wonderful football In the two games he's been in charge. Even in our last home game against a very strong Middlesborough team, which we lost 0-2, we had over 70% of possession and made them look quite ordinary at times! All credit to Boro for capitalising on our defensive lapses but on goals scoring chances alone we should have won that match comfortably. They had two chances which they put them away while we had a hatful and failed to score one.

So here's to a great game tomorrow! I hope you enjoy your day out apart from the result obviously!:yawn:   

59 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Hi. A Terriers fan here!

Yes the weather forecast for around late morning in the Pennine area isn't great but the match should be safe enough! It's good to see so many of you are planning to travel up because as I know from visiting Ashton Gate it's a fair old distance.  Our fans are on a 'high' of expectation at the moment due to the dramatic impact our new Head Coach David Wagner is having on our playing style. Although our league position and results might not reflect this, we've actually played some wonderful football In the two games he's been in charge. Even in our last home game against a very strong Middlesborough team, which we lost 0-2, we had over 70% of possession and made them look quite ordinary at times! All credit to Boro for capitalising on our defensive lapses but on goals scoring chances alone we should have won that match comfortably. They had two chances which they put them away while we had a hatful and failed to score one.

So here's to a great game tomorrow! I hope you enjoy your day out apart from the result obviously!:yawn:   

Thanks for the kind words. I remember going to Uddersfield about 10 or so years ago in a League 1 game!

We lost 2-1 after going ahead from a Phil Jevons goal and had a dubious decision go against us when the ball seemingly crossed the line but the officials didn't give it. 

You went on to score a late winner I think! Peter Jackson was manager of your lot. 

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How is it aggressive..?! 

Sheffield Wednesday was our first game of the season, and we were on a high from promotion. I considered going until I saw the price, the price alone put me off. 

Now we haven't got the high any more and it's nearly Christmas, money is tighter this time of year (thinking of travel costs) so I've decided against attending on those reasons.

If we were playing Huddersfield first game of the season and it was £10 I would of gone. Therefore it was solely due to price. Other factors come into play for this weekends match so you cannot compare them at all.

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Thanks for the kind words. I remember going to Uddersfield about 10 or so years ago in a League 1 game!

We lost 2-1 after going ahead from a Phil Jevons goal and had a dubious decision go against us when the ball seemingly crossed the line but the officials didn't give it. 

You went on to score a late winner I think! Peter Jackson was manager of your lot. 

I remember it well mate! A real sickener for your fans too I recall! I must say, there are fans of some clubs that have a collective 'win at all costs' mentality but I've I always considered Bristol City to be a footballing club, which is probably what your fans demand over the years. I'm generalising obviously and could be wrong but that's how I see it!

As for tomorrows match, If we play as well as we've been doing lately, I'm pretty confident we can take maximum points but you never can tell. We have a history of showing promise and having us believing we've entered a new exciting era of progression only for it all fall flat on its face.  Only time will tell I guess!

What do you think your chances are tomorrow?:whistle: 

14 hours ago, BobbyC said:

Hey Acetripper...Was thinking of going in this comedy club at Gonzo's bar Holmfirth Sat night...Is it any good ?

Sorry Bobby, I can't help on that one! I'm not from Huddersfield, I live in Leeds. Apart from the town centre `I know nothing of the surrounding areas. Sorry again!:blink:

On 10 December 2015 at 18:25, Puckle_red said:

I am not defending the Wednesday price (£39 I recall) for one second, but when you consider that a non-member will pay £36-38 in the Dolman this season, it wasn't quite as extraordinary as perhaps we would like to think.

Archived