IGNORED

Father Lansdown

mattjtsmith

3 hours ago, Jonbristol said:

I still believe in going for any of the best young lower division players. Players that are an investment that could be worth more in the future. And possibly looking in the foreign market, the French leagues would be the safest as they seem to adapt more easily to our game, and the French leagues seem to be more physical than many of the other leagues in europe. Buying any quality from the prem or championship would surely cost a fortune.

The situation that needs addressing is the here and now, while I agree with the sentiment of your post there is no way of knowing if the type of player you are describing can do the business in the championship, and by the time we find out it could be too late.

What we need is going to cost, we need experienced championship or above quality to improve the squad, I just cannot see how signing Robinson for instance has benefitted the club, while up to  last week Moore and Bennett were clearly improvements on what we had.

It is possible we can survive with what we have got, it's also possible signing the player I describe could still mean we go down, it's just less likely.

Relegation would be a complete disaster for the club, with no guarantee of coming back up, just take a look at Sheffield Utd if you want an example of a much bigger club than us stuck in a lower division.

We must stay in this league.

Grey and Gayle was all a publicity stunt we were never ever going to get them two I think Landsdown likes the publicity, we had no plan b ?!

If we don't invest in the new year we will be relegated for sure, will our chairman give Steve big bucks if he's unsure about keeping him ?

Archived