IGNORED

BS3 residents anti-BCFC

CyderInACan

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1093656110647360/ 

anybody else on here have the misfortune to come across this Facebook group? Seems to have been set up initially as a result of some ill feeling amongst a minority of local residents about the truss work going on through the night in Tuesday, it now seems to have turned into a generic anti-City page, currently questioning the point of the natch wall and some horror stories on there about people hearing bad language and being burped at!

DaveL is on there as a result of some issues about noise, litter etc but this woman just seems to be trying to further her own anti City agenda. 

If you don't want the cultural element of living near a football ground, don't move next to one!!!

I knew somebody who lived right by Selhurst Park and dreaded the football season as she couldn't even get her car out.

I'm not sure what she expected it to be like, living next door to a football ground. There weren't any incidents or damage, just the sheer mass of people and cars to which she objected.

I'm going to buy a house by Bristol Airport and then start a Facebook group to complain about the noise of the aeroplanes.

30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1093656110647360/ 

anybody else on here have the misfortune to come across this Facebook group? Seems to have been set up initially as a result of some ill feeling amongst a minority of local residents about the truss work going on through the night in Tuesday, it now seems to have turned into a generic anti-City page, currently questioning the point of the natch wall and some horror stories on there about people hearing bad language and being burped at!

DaveL is on there as a result of some issues about noise, litter etc but this woman just seems to be trying to further her own anti City agenda. 

If you don't want the cultural element of living near a football ground, don't move next to one!!!

:rofl2br:

Disgraceful behaviour !! Bring back hanging !!

I've put in a request to join the group.  Any non-constructive comments she's assured us will be removed.

The most constructive comment or advice I can muster is to wish her the best in over coming her menstrualism and find a more therapeutic strategy than her current ploy in making a public tit of herself.  

he he he

I shall move to Stoke Gifford and complain about the trains. No - wait, somebody's already done that...

This is all down to Tory B Liar, who changed a law that had existed for the best part of a thousand years, namely that if you moved in next to a "nuisance", that was your problem, not theirs. The said Liar changed that so that hipsters moving in next to a venue giving ordinary people great pleasure, say a pub, club, or football ground, can hassle it through the courts as soon as the removal men have finished.

1 minute ago, BA14 RED said:

An argument I will never understand. If you live near a Football Ground expect lots of people and a few idiots every so often around the place if you dont like it dont live there Ashton Gate Stadium has been there for over 100 years so put up or shut up.

Exactly.

Very unlikely that any of them are over 100 years old.

I don't think she's not being unreasonable, I'm surprised actually the club didn't notify residents about the potential for noise with the roof truss lifting early.

That Tony chap on there keeps posting irrelevant points which is a bit unhelpful as he seems to be the most active 'representative' of Bristol City fans on the page; talking about a 16,000 member Bristol City Facebook page ? Don't think it exists!

1 minute ago, BA14 RED said:

An argument I will never understand. If you live near a Football Ground expect lots of people and a few idiots every so often around the place if you dont like it dont live there Ashton Gate Stadium has been there for over 100 years so put up or shut up.

NIMBY's have a course worth fighting in relation to a dopy twonk on the blob. 

In my opinion, of course.

I've seen notices in pubs "Whilst leaving, we ask you to please respect local residents and keep the noise down".  

Maybe a similar sign should be put up on Greville Smyth Park.  Idiot.

1 hour ago, BA14 RED said:

It's like the people who still at about 5pm on a Saturday look mortified that they can't drive freely down Ashton Road. Who are all these people and what are they doing on the road? It's not as if it actually needs a road closure, but as I think someone has posted on this Facebook page, they seem to be able to close roads every time George wants to have a market outside his business, but never for 10,000 people to disperse from a venue that's been around for 100 years.

I  was brought up in Ashton Drive and in my 40's lived on Winterstoke Road. For years I wondered why people came up and down on a Saturday or Tuesday night.. My dad told me they were people searching for the Holy Grail and they would not stop till they found it. Well, I have some news for these pilgrims, its a few more years yet !!!!!!!

To be fair, that Emmanuelle woman does say she likes the buzz on match day and people chucking litter on the ground pisses me off whatever the context- the club should probably take a bit of ownership on that IMO. But I kind of think that if you don't want hear bad language/get stuck in traffic/have any fun on a Saturday afternoon, don't go near a football ground and certainly don't live near one

1 hour ago, Olé said:

It's like the people who still at about 5pm on a Saturday look mortified that they can't drive freely down Ashton Road. Who are all these people and what are they doing on the road? It's not as if it actually needs a road closure, but as I think someone has posted on this Facebook page, they seem to be able to close roads every time George wants to have a market outside his business, but never for 10,000 people to disperse from a venue that's been around for 100 years.

And for George's silly games with bicycles and waterslides :(

Archived