IGNORED

BS3 residents anti-BCFC

CyderInACan

35 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

To be fair, that Emmanuelle woman does say she likes the buzz on match day and people chucking litter on the ground pisses me off whatever the context- the club should probably take a bit of ownership on that IMO. But I kind of think that if you don't want hear bad language/get stuck in traffic/have any fun on a Saturday afternoon, don't go near a football ground and certainly don't live near one

Pretty much sums it up. 

Thought it was relatively harmless stuff. The Natch Wall is what it is and long may it live on, however a couple more bins and everyone including those of us leaning against it, the club and the shop keepers selling the booze and fags taking responsibility would help!

Getting a bit embarrassing on that page now. The lady who started the page is being polite, open to discussion and being pretty reasonable but a few of our fans are making stupid points and a couple beginning to be a bit nasty.

Arguably comes with the territory of putting the page on Facebook but a bit of reasoned discussion about concerns she has isn't a problem. Don't give people more ammunition to dislike the club.

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I knew somebody who lived right by Selhurst Park and dreaded the football season as she couldn't even get her car out.

I'm not sure what she expected it to be like, living next door to a football ground. There weren't any incidents or damage, just the sheer mass of people and cars to which she objected.

I'm going to buy a house by Bristol Airport and then start a Facebook group to complain about the noise of the aeroplanes.

An American tourist in Windsor was overhead commenting that she thought the castle was wonderful, but couldn't understand why the Royal family built it right on Heathrow's flight path.

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Getting a bit embarrassing on that page now. The lady who started the page is being polite, open to discussion and being pretty reasonable but a few of our fans are making stupid points and a couple beginning to be a bit nasty.

Arguably comes with the territory of putting the page on Facebook but a bit of reasoned discussion about concerns she has isn't a problem. Don't give people more ammunition to dislike the club.

Haven't looked and won't,putting it on Facebook she's just craving attention and she's getting it if what your saying is right

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think she's not being unreasonable, I'm surprised actually the club didn't notify residents about the potential for noise with the roof truss lifting early.

That Tony chap on there keeps posting irrelevant points which is a bit unhelpful as he seems to be the most active 'representative' of Bristol City fans on the page; talking about a 16,000 member Bristol City Facebook page ? Don't think it exists!

A bloke who hates this forum with a passion and actually tweets posts that weren't even posted on here. Apparently he's spent the last 3 years trying to get us shut down...

31 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

A bloke who hates this forum with a passion and actually tweets posts that weren't even posted on here. Apparently he's spent the last 3 years trying to get us shut down...

I remember reading that on Twitter @Tomarse. Spreading a screenshot from 606 that did little more than criticise SC to peddle his agenda about shutting down Otib. Strange guy, why does he hate the forum so much? Has he been banned or something?

He's writing some ridiculous things on the FB page. Embarrassing really and a shame as it appears to be representative of BCFC supporters who on the whole are a great deal more articulate and balanced than he seems.

49 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I remember reading that on Twitter @Tomarse. Spreading a screenshot from 606 that did little more than criticise SC to peddle his agenda about shutting down Otib. Strange guy, why does he hate the forum so much? Has he been banned or something?

He's writing some ridiculous things on the FB page. Embarrassing really and a shame as it appears to be representative of BCFC supporters who on the whole are a great deal more articulate and balanced than he seems.

I don't really understand his issues but it goes back to some posts made on here a few years ago that if I'm honest should have been removed but unfortunately we're not reported as far as I can tell.  I don't have a problem with disliking the place, it's a marmite kinda place for sure but heck if it was closed the discussion would on continue elsewhere so I don't really get the shutdown ideology. Anyway we've been here 18 years and ain't going anywhere 

• Admin
12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think she's not being unreasonable, I'm surprised actually the club didn't notify residents about the potential for noise with the roof truss lifting early.

That Tony chap on there keeps posting irrelevant points which is a bit unhelpful as he seems to be the most active 'representative' of Bristol City fans on the page; talking about a 16,000 member Bristol City Facebook page ? Don't think it exists!

Is he the one who goes on about getting OTIB shut down?

7 hours ago, Tomarse said:

It wouldn't be Tony Dyer would it? Someone I learned more than enough about during the Sainsbury's issue.

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I'm reliably informed that this 'noise issue' was debated on Radio Bristol late last week. Turns out is had nothing to do with the AG rebuild and was in fact British Rail (or whatever they are called now) working on the P'head to TM line.

It can`t have been - someone on facebook said it was us so it must be true . Burn the heretic!

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I'm reliably informed that this 'noise issue' was debated on Radio Bristol late last week. Turns out is had nothing to do with the AG rebuild and was in fact British Rail (or whatever they are called now) working on the P'head to TM line.

I saw this on PW or HTV W. Apparently the wind direction changed, there hadn't been a problem before

On 12/12/2015 at 17:27, Offside said:

My closest friend and his wife & young kids live just off North St. They aren't football fans but they like having the ground in their local community with fans using the bars & cafes. They also like hearing the crowd.

Perhaps it's louder outside the ground, as I've heard it described as a library…:ph34r: But then I have been to Bristol Central Library and it's a blimmen racket in there…

Blame and whinge culture. Professional hissy-fitters -  I've met many. 

The pragmatic view is - unfortunately there was some noise but it's unlikely to be a frequent issue. I'll let this one go. And it's for the greater good. The way some people act you'd think they really believe the workmen were just hitting the steelwork with spanners to keep the locals awake. 

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Is just me, or can I not see anything that bad about the group apart the cringe inducing comments from some City fans?

Are we not talking about a group of people setting up a Facebook page to complain about some temporary noise? Tells me all I need to know. 

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

haha a closed group for a "public matter".... genius.

In fairness when the group was totally open a few people were just going on there writing unnecessary personal comments to the page creator. I think though if they can, they should set it so anyone can read the posts even if they can't write until accepted into the group. 

Archived