IGNORED

If we lose today

cottsciderarmy

If we lose today ?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the team should be punished and forced to play a top team in the division on a cold Tuesday night. 

I don't know what should be done. What I hope is that there is a plan. Whether the plan is to stick with Cotts or not, I just hope we are more prepared than we seemingly were in the summer. Its so close to January now I'm not sure changing managers will help. So I don't know what should happen other than we should stick to the plan, assuming they now have one 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think the team should be punished and forced to play a top team in the division on a cold Tuesday night. 

I don't know what should be done. What I hope is that there is a plan. Whether the plan is to stick with Cotts or not, I just hope we are more prepared than we seemingly were in the summer. Its so close to January now I'm not sure changing managers will help. So I don't know what should happen other than we should stick to the plan, assuming they now have one 

One would hope that there is a plan in place but city being city......anything could happen.

11 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Depends upon the manner of the defeat. 

A lot depends on this. A "Rotherham" type capitulation will leave big question marks over the current set up. 

A close fought 1-0 defeat, whilst not at all helpful will mean we just need to knuckle down and keep working hard to turn things around, for now. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A lot depends on this. A "Rotherham" type capitulation will leave big question marks over the current set up. 

A close fought 1-0 defeat, whilst not at all helpful will mean we just need to knuckle down and keep working hard to turn things around, for now. 

A closely fought defeat would be my worst case scenario, just enough to get 0 points and a 'we were unlucky' speech but not enough to force a change. 

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Leroy Rosenior does n't think City will change manager any time soon as the incomer won't have time to assess the players and act in the transfer market .

So it's very likely that Cotts will be a Goner if we lose and we'll be Donald Ducked .

I thought that's partly why we have a DOF now who oversees the playing side of things more and helps with continuity if there's a managerial change.

To be honest I can't believe cotts is getting this stick from the fans. Look where we were when he joined us. SoD royally messed us up to be generous. Cotts worked a bloody miracle in 18 months to get us where we are. Fair enough results aren't good. But look at our results. There's been atleast 2 times we have been leading and lost a goal in the last minute. We have lost 9 which is the lowest among the teams we are around. We are playing good football. The way it should be played. It's silly little individual mistakes which have cost us. He can't be blamed too much for that. Aka Nathan baker last week. Most of all. The Squad we have is tiny and not championship standard really. That's not cotts fault. He gave the DoF a list most likely and he only got kodjia that would have been his first choice. We missed out on Harry McGuire I think he's called that. Andre gray and the boy from palace. ( my memory is shocking for names.). The most surprising is Juanma to hearts. That just says it all really. Unlike you I like Scottish football but hearts maybe a big club but you would think we would get him. Which just says to me his negotiating must be terrible and I am glad he's gone. Since we have another man to negotiate I think we should let cotts  have this window and then judge him after that. I believe he is the best manager we have had in recent times. There's not many better ones that would come and instantly make us better. 

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

A closely fought defeat would be my worst case scenario, just enough to get 0 points and a 'we were unlucky' speech but not enough to force a change. 

'And hope the season doesn't come down to GD' :P

On the assumption that there isn't anyone waiting in the wings to come in, there would seem little point in sacking Cotterill if we were to lose today. You might as well give him Tuesday as well; Derby away is basically a free hit as we're not expected to get anything there anyway. Give him the next two games regardless of the result today and assess from there.

Archived