IGNORED

Not a penalty

redfieldred

Having looked at incident with Ayling and Welles using pause etc, Ayling pulls Welles back outside the area. Welles is aware of the contact and waits until he enters the area to go down. There is no further fouling contact in the area, although ayling has his arm in contact with him in isolation this is no way a foul. Should have been a free kick in the D

11 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Just a point about encroachment at penalties, no one seems to bother anymore - looking at the video Flint was a couple of yards inside when the ball was kicked certainly gave him a head start to get to the rebound first .Not complaining in the slightest but why have a law if it is never applied

Their players were in the box as well, mind .

47 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Having looked at incident with Ayling and Welles using pause etc, Ayling pulls Welles back outside the area. Welles is aware of the contact and waits until he enters the area to go down. There is no further fouling contact in the area, although ayling has his arm in contact with him in isolation this is no way a foul. Should have been a free kick in the D

When I first saw it , I thought that it was started outside the box, as well !

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Maybe not but we are doing things inside the box that give members of the Championship Diving Club the opportunity to get those sort of decisions.

And we are not clever enough yet to get those decisions at the other end of the pitch. Kodjia and Freeman go down too theatrically.

Spot on.

Of the five (or six?) given against us a number of them have been blatant dives, Leeds and Brum in particular.

On the other hand of the 3 stonewall penalties we've been denied (Bolton, Brighton and Blackburn) two were presumably turned down for the way Freeman went down, as for the Agard one I've no idea what else he could do.

I thought first contact, but not a foul was outside the box, and the actual push for a penalty, inside. Wherever it was the ref didn't have the advantage of a slow motion reply, so a stupid challenge by Ayling

I thought there was contact, looked reasonable enough for the ref to call it inside the box, but I didn't think it was a penalty in a million years. There was never enough there to send him down. 

Give the ref a decision to make and you're liable to be punished at the end of the day. What annoys me also is the fact you could see the ball Huddersfield were gonna play in behind all day long, yet our players still didn't read it (not for the first time this season). Too often are we being caught on the counter, defenfers backing away from goal and opposition with a man over - it's never going to end well playing like that

6 hours ago, redfieldred said:

You can pause it how many times you like, but the Ref doesn't have that option!!

Ok the ref has a decision to make. It was a clear foul outside. Welles continues (advantage played) minimal contact inside the box and he goes down like a sack of spuds. Penalty given was very soft as minimal contact inside the area, it was not a blatant push as someone has said. It was certainly open to doubt, and as usual this season we did not get the benefit of the doubt

4 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

He shoved him in the back, it was a blatant penalty.

That's how it looked to me. 

Even if it wasn't, I think the fact the OP posts this after admitting to "pausing replays" means you can't really blame the ref for giving it, if it takes that level of review to be able to see it. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That's how it looked to me. 

Even if it wasn't, I think the fact the OP posts this after admitting to "pausing replays" means you can't really blame the ref for giving it, if it takes that level of review to be able to see it. 

There wasn't a shove, he is actually taking his arm away from his back after having pulled him back. It's the way Welles goes down that makes it look like a shove. 

2 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

There wasn't a shove, he is actually taking his arm away from his back after having pulled him back. It's the way Welles goes down that makes it look like a shove. 

Possibly, but if you are daft enough to to put your arm on someone's back in the penalty area, you are asking for trouble. 

My impression was that the incident started outside the box and he waited until inside to go down, certainly the benefit of doubt when to them which is typical with penalty decisions this season, of course all irrelevant now but I am starting to get paranoid about penalty decisions!

• Admin
21 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

He shoved him in the back, it was a blatant penalty.

Have to say there was definate contact with his arm inside the penalty area - can't argue about this one, even though do agree about others against us in the league this season

Archived