IGNORED

Not a penalty

redfieldred

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Ayling raised his arm and appeared to give their player a shove, and in real time it was a definite penalty.

It was piss poor defending all round with our defence running towards our own goal having been carved open with two passes.

Alls well that ends well I suppose.

On another note - who is our penalty taker if Agard isn't on the pitch ?

What, you mean after he's retired through old age while we still wait to be given a pen?

Whether it's a penalty or not what I do know is that it was lazy defending by Ayling who gave Wells every opportunity to "go down" at his convenience. There seems to be a common theme in other fans opinions of us which is "they've got some dangerous players and are decent going forward but they are awful at the back". Tbh I think a lot of our defensive problems arise from teams being able to drive a double decker bus through our midfield but you still expect your defenders to defend properly.

I still think we need competition for Frank but have to admit that he, more than any other player on the pitch, earned us the points on Saturday by making a number of important saves in terrible conditions for Keepers. The thirty yarder he got beat with was a great strike so no criticism there and the save he made at the end from point blank range after another Ayling mistake was a match winner.

Archived