IGNORED

Liam Moore

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

23 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

So he's on loan till January, and is getting his first proper shot to establish himself here. Is he likely to stay any longer? 

Would've thought so. Leic don't need him and you'd think he's only just approaching match fitness. Given he's been around the team and you'd hope understands the system by now I'd rather gamble on him staying fit than trying to bring in someone new, if the ball's in our court (and SC has been nice to him) 

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Personally I`d like him to stay. As above, I don`t think we`ve seen the best of him yet and his experience at this level and above is just what we need now.

If nothing else, if he did go back, we have to spend time and resources in January looking for a replacement which would be better utilised elsewhere.

not sure about that.need him now weve seen what bakers fault is.williams gets a lot of knocks so id like to see him stay and rotate a bit giving joe more games too

6 hours ago, cynic said:

If he's dropped on Tuesday I doubt it.

Spot on.

He does have a say in whether he stays, he's only started 4 games out of 15 since joining and if he is back on the bench on Tuesday I can see him doing the same thing as Ben Hamer did.

Liam Moore is an England u21 defender and was a crucial player in Leicestershire rise to the prem. This is our opportunity to get in quality. He is a better player than Williams and ayling, just simply coming back from injury and lack of playing time in the prem. Will always take a while to get up to speed but the fact we have him through our door, should be our opportunity to take him over anyone else.

i like ayling but don't see him long term in that position if we are to progress further. Players like Moore and the lad at hull we were after are what we need.

nay upset a few me saying that but it's my opinion

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Personally I`d like him to stay. As above, I don`t think we`ve seen the best of him yet and his experience at this level and above is just what we need now.

If nothing else, if he did go back, we have to spend time and resources in January looking for a replacement which would be better utilised elsewhere.

I agree, he played alongside Baker for England U21s so that's potentially an effective partnership....

21 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I'd suggest that although he did ok yesterday, he looked a tad unfit and dithery, although may have been due to Pack not stepping out when we got possession back, or not making himself available to link defence to attack, forcing us to go long too ant times and thus rei-invite pressure yet again.

Remember he was playing out of position, is right-sided and played on the left. Since he hasn't played much recently that would have been an additional issue he could have done without.

On 13 December 2015 at 12:49, YorkshireSection said:

I'd suggest that although he did ok yesterday, he looked a tad unfit and dithery, although may have been due to Pack not stepping out when we got possession back, or not making himself available to link defence to attack, forcing us to go long too ant times and thus rei-invite pressure yet again.

Not sure how Moore being dithery can be associated with Pack not showing for the ball. 

In this game, Pack made nearly 21% of all our passes and had over twice as many touches as Korey, in fact over twice as many as all of our players bar Bennett and Freeman, who had 16 and 9 less respectively. 

That doesn't sound like a player who wasn't making himself available to take the ball from his defenders. 21% of our combined passes (over one fifth) suggests he did the role of 2 men. 

I know you are not a fan of Pack, but I think it's a bit unfair to blame him for others dithering when he showed himself for the ball twice as much as most other players on the day. 

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

We know that it isn't just our decision, but you'd think we'd try to keep him to the end of the season.  I'd be alarmed if this doesn't happen.

If he's going to be mostly on the bench, then we have to keep him happy with his fair share of game time where possible.

That doesn't actually make sense.

It isn't our decision and he isn't our player, so how exactly do you suggest we try and "keep him until the end of the season" if he's going to be "mostly on the bench"?

As I said before he's made just 4 starts in 15 games since joining us, if he doesn't start tomorrow I really can't think why he'd want to stay on in January, we weren't the only side in for him when he joined us, so surely he'd think joining someone else on loan instead could only increase the time he will actually spend on the pitch?

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That doesn't actually make sense.

It isn't our decision and he isn't our player, so how exactly do you suggest we try and "keep him until the end of the season" if he's going to be "mostly on the bench"?

As I said before he's made just 4 starts in 15 games since joining us, if he doesn't start tomorrow I really can't think why he'd want to stay on in January, we weren't the only side in for him when he joined us, so surely he'd think joining someone else on loan instead could only increase the time he will actually spend on the pitch?

Well, it makes sense to me!  SC has to whisper sweet nothings in his ear, tickle his balls every once in a while, that sort of thing...

On 13 December 2015 at 12:49, YorkshireSection said:

Well well well , Pack picked out again , what a surprise .

Wasn't overall that impressed by Moore on Saturday. On several occasions he gave his man too much space and time enabling them to create opportunities. This could just be down to a lack of match fitness though.

Collectively we did not defend well. Had if not been for Frankie and Huddersfield being wasteful, we could have conceded many more. Better teams would score more than 1 from 23 shots! We lacked the ability to put pressure on the ball, without committing ourselves.

Archived