IGNORED

Eddie Howe???

reddogkev

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Just how good is he?  With their injury list and lack of resources / small pedigree/ tiny attendances, how on earth are Bournemouth beating Chelsea and Man utd in consecutive games?

Now, I'm not usually one for grooming, but time to polish him up for the England job!

I thought you were going to suggest polishing him up as Steve C's replacement. :P

Eddie Howe has done a miracle job for Bournemouth however these two results arent outstanding imo, its easy to get your team fired up for these games and they are two pretty average teams nowadays.

For Bournemouth I cant help thinking beating sides like Villa and Sunderland are more important for them to help them beatthe drop and if they avoid it then again he has worked a miracle for that club.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Remember Aidy Boothroyd getting similar plaudits when Watford got into Prem.  Look what has happened to him.

Eddie Howe does look a fine young manager though.

Although with Aidy it was only a couple of seasons, Howe has managed to get Bournemouth from near the bottom of what is now League 2 up to the Premier League and at the present time looks like he has a chance of keeping them there - something Boothroyd wasn't able to do at Watford. Howe also has experience of a spell away from Bournemouth, and whilst he hardly set the world alight at Burnley he  didn't fail either.

If the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc weren't so obsessed with getting foreign managers with Champions League experience you would have to say Howe would end up at one of those sort of clubs before England. 

Great manager because he doesn't have to deal with a load of over inflated egos each week.  Managing Bournemouth is completely different to managing an England team AND the English media who blindly over hype their chances in ever competition. I suspect if he was ever unfortunate to get the poison chalice of the England job i think he'd be found out quite quickly.

Personally he should stay well clear and enjoy the well deserved credit for the job he's doing,

46 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Just how good is he?  With their injury list and lack of resources / small pedigree/ tiny attendances, how on earth are Bournemouth beating Chelsea and Man utd in consecutive games?

Now, I'm not usually one for grooming, but time to polish him up for the England job!

Gary Neville being 'polished for that one..FA have definitely earmarked him as future England manager.Howe certainly has something about him but would never be considered whilst at such a 'small club.......

16 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Looks a decent manager, didn't seem to go so well when there was a bit more pressure on him at Burnley though and that would be my only reservation at the monent.

I think he always regretted the decision to leave Bournemouth and go there TBH. He never seemed happy and went back as soon as he could (I can`t remember if he walked or was sacked though)

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think he always regretted the decision to leave Bournemouth and go there TBH. He never seemed happy and went back as soon as he could (I can`t remember if he walked or was sacked though)

He left to return to Bournemouth for personal reasons - I might be wrong but may have been  that his Mum was very poorly or similar

1 hour ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

If the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc weren't so obsessed with getting foreign managers with Champions League experience you would have to say Howe would end up at one of those sort of clubs before England. 

I think this is a bit harsh on some of the big clubs. 

Man Utd employed Moyes who had no champions league experience, Liverpool employed Rogers, Man City had Hughes. Chelsea yes you're right though, but overall I would say you have a decent chance of getting a big club interested in your services.

22 minutes ago, Selred said:

Man Utd employed Moyes who had no champions league experience, Liverpool employed Rogers, Man City had Hughes. Chelsea yes you're right though, but overall I would say you have a decent chance of getting a big club interested in your services.intereste

22 minutes ago, Selred said:

Man Utd employed Moyes who had no champions league experience, Liverpool employed Rogers, Man City had Hughes. Chelsea yes you're right though, but overall I would say you have a decent chance of getting a big club interested in your services.

I think all of those are different to Howe though. 

Moyes had spent over a decade at Everton who are a bigger club than Bournemouth and whilst there had some European experience. From what I understand he was also handpicked by Ferguson to be his successor, but didn't provide the results the Glazer's demanded. Rodgers led Swansea to a mid-table finish before joining Liverpool, who at the time were (relatively) struggling - after some recent success and with the ground expansion I can't see the American owners doing the same again. Hughes was at Man City prior to the investment from Abu Dhabi so is a poor example. 

I would say I would think Howe would need to go to a traditionally mid-table side (Everton, Newcastle etc) as a stepping stone, however, we will need to see what happens as Howe seems very happy at Bournemouth at present. Plus, with the massive TV money available to all Premier League teams nowadays, gate receipts provide a smaller proportion of club income and therefore if Bournemouth can stay up they could push on ala Leicester or Swansea (previous seasons). 

He is Bournemouth through and through as you say and they do have history in keeping their `legends` close by (Fletcher etc.). The fans love him and sometimes it`s best to stay where you know you`ll always be well thought of - just like any job really.

As always, it will come down to the owners. I can`t see him walking again though.

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Gary Neville being 'polished for that one..FA have definitely earmarked him as future England manager.Howe certainly has something about him but would never be considered whilst at such a 'small club.......

Alf Ramsey had a bit of success at that small club Ipswich and the FA snapped him up to be England Manager. Some years later the FA went to Ipswich again for Bobby Robson.

In between times, Bill Nicholson (Spurs) and Bertie Mee (Arsenal) both won the double with their clubs and AFAIK were never offered the England job.

Can't jump the gun too quickly on this one. After all Gary monk was being touted as a future England manager and for whatever reason he just couldn't make it work this season.

If anyone should be looked at for the next England manager, despite his nationality, it must be Claudio Tinkerman. He has gone beyond anyones expectations could've imagined.

5 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He is brilliant but might be waiting a while before the England job if he has any sense.

Forget the England job, he's biding his time until  Cotts goes.

Archived