IGNORED

Adam El-Abd

Ivorguy

Or do 2+2 in this case to equal 4, meaning he likes working with Swindon's manager, as he said.

If you want to make it equal 5 then we could take it he "don't relish working with our manager", or equally, that he "don't relish working with" Mark Cooper before he was sacked....

I do believe that Cotts is under pressure and to a large degree deservedly so, but ffs, twisting words to invent people not getting on with him?  *sigh*

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Interesting comment from him on City News.

He specifically said how he likes working with Swindon's manager, do 2+2 in this case = 4, and we take it he don't relish working with our manager?

I don't read the comment like that at all. I see it as 'I'm happy on loan here and if the deal could be extended, or even better, a deal to make the move permanent I'd be happy to continue to be here'

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Remember Adam was a quality proven Championship player when he joined us, so something never added up at Ashton Gate for him, and given the Club has gone into purdah we can only go on what we glean.  I find Adam's comments interesting in this context.

And last season he was on loan at Bury for the majority wasnt he. His Chmpionship days have gone for whatever reason.

35 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Remember Adam was a quality proven Championship player when he joined us, so something never added up at Ashton Gate for him, and given the Club has gone into purdah we can only go on what we glean.  I find Adam's comments interesting in this context.

I find them insensitive !!!!!

4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Can't wait for the youtube compilation of all of his BCFC best bits.

it didn't work out it happens sometimes.

5 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Was he? How much did he play in the championship?

6 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Yawn. 

Understand your frustration chief, and I often think 'yawn' etc when reading a thread, but when I think that I'd never take the trouble to post a one word reply along those lines. It adds nothing to the debate. 

Why bother? Why not just ignore it and move on?

You took the trouble to post 'yawn' - just don't get it. What response are you expecting?!

Always looked a real liability for us, which was a surprise given how much he had played a league up. Maybe it was playing in a back five, who knows. Having said that, always struck me as somebody who wanted to play first team football. Far from worked out here, but wish him every luck elsewhere.

Every new manager Carey played under led him to announce that he'd learnt more in two weeks than he had in the previous 'x' years.

Either Carey was never taught anything and lied, or he made a positive press comment to keep him onside with the decision maker.

It hasn't worked out for Adam at BS3 as either party would like, he'd like to remain employed and to kick a ball about to earn a living. Nothing to see here.

I know he played poorly for us, but just giving the other side if the argument.  How many tines did he play on the right half of the defence.  My memories of him were either left side of two CBs or LCB...and having a real blind spot over the left shoulder.

Would we have seen better performances as the right sided CB or RCB?  I know a few supporters who say he was really solid for Brighton, and most of us thought it an astute signing at the time.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

To be fair to the bloke, he's trying to kick-start his career again so good luck to the him. It didn't work out here so that chapter is now closed. If he's enjoying it there, is getting settled and playing regular football and wants to stay there then I've got to respect him for that. 

Hard to respect anyone who feels settled and happy in Swindon  (!) but I take your point. 

Archived