IGNORED

Christmas Jumper

bs3

• Admin

First thing my wife said too!

We are the Robins - a trick missed

As for sizes, when it was first launched online they only sold small and medium sizes. . .

Who knows why but there are a number of items onsale in the shop that are a small selection of sizes

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fascinated to know what "hair brushing" a robin would entail exactly. 

Its a cruel and illegal activity involving the 'pincushioning' of small birds with dozens of wooden cocktail sticks until they resemble hedge-hogs .... Thankfully its becoming rarer and rarer in most areas now but its believed the practice still exists in some isolated rural communities where annual 'hair-brushing' (or to use its traditional name 'Horacing') competitions are still held.

Membership of the 'Horace Society' and entry to hair-brushing competitions are strictly controlled and restricted to holders of bona fidi 1960"s and 1970's Blue Peter badges.

Little more is knoiwn about this , what can only be called a 'cult's activities and practices, (ps although widely believed to be a dying activity there are signs of recent urban resurgences - how many sparrows have visited your garden in recent times? ;) )

Anyway thats 'hair-brushing' ... robins, sparrows, even sometimes budgies and canaries .. Goodnight , dont have nightmares.  WH :)

I've got one and when I purchased it the lady in the shop said they really underestimated the demand for these. I purchased one of the last larges. Very happy with it and looking forward to wearing it Xmas day. Impressed by the quality. But yes really should have been a robin and the badge could do with being higher up as if sitting at a table can't see the badge.

17 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Its a cruel and illegal activity involving the 'pincushioning' of small birds with dozens of wooden cocktail sticks until they resemble hedge-hogs .... Thankfully its becoming rarer and rarer in most areas now but its believed the practice still exists in some isolated rural communities where annual 'hair-brushing' (or to use its traditional name 'Horacing') competitions are still held.

Membership of the 'Horace Society' and entry to hair-brushing competitions are strictly controlled and restricted to holders of bona fidi 1960"s and 1970's Blue Peter badges.

Little more is knoiwn about this , what can only be called a 'cult's activities and practices, (ps although widely believed to be a dying activity there are signs of recent urban resurgences - how many sparrows have visited your garden in recent times? ;) )

Anyway thats 'hair-brushing' ... robins, sparrows, even sometimes budgies and canaries .. Goodnight , dont have nightmares.  WH :)

A more detailed answer than I dared hope for, many thanks.

• Admin
13 hours ago, Turbored said:

Got mine and it had its first outing yesterday at the family "Christmas Jumper Lunch". I got it about three weeks ago when they first come out , fits really well and I got a Large , they had all sizes available back then.

Was that online or in the shop?

Looked online first day we had the email from the shop and it was S and M only :ph34r:

Archived