IGNORED

Tom Ince - the difference

reddogkev

What a class player.  Someone tell me why he is not already in the Prem, and just why he remains in our bloody division?

I never want to see him play us ever again....

Oh, but I also want us to buy our own version in January...

Did his old man Paul have any other sons?

Ince cost 4.75m, and that sort of money doesn't buy you rubbish. I guess this just shows what we are up against. Derby have been in the playoffs or there abouts for quite a few years now. They can attract the players as they see promotion as being a realistic possibility.

If we had difficulty convincing players to come in the summer on the strength of a promotion just before I can't see us being attractive now at all. The only thing we can do is pay over the odds in fees and wages to bring someone in, and that's a whole new minefield.

We need Championship players, not just players who play in the Championship, there is a difference.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

We need Championship players, not just players who play in the Championship, there is a difference.

Don't worry, we'll land one or two in January - like you've mentioned we have to increase the salary we're offering to new players.  We all know it comes down to money, sad but true!

The pre-match comments on the BBC Sport website noted that Ince had scored 3 in 3 against us, so little surprise that he got so much joy last night.

He's a very good player who threatened to be great and ironically his dad's actions a couple of years' back hawking him around different clubs for the best financial and not football deal, seems to have been when his promising career stalled.

51 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well, he doubled his goal tally for the season in 29 minutes against us last night. 

I think our laughable defense has to take a lot of the credit for the lad to be honest. Maybe we could get some kind of sell on clause?

Midfield was the issue last night. Pack and freeman ineffective. 

They had nice we had freeman, he cost 10 times as much as freeman. You get what you pay for. 

25 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Midfield was the issue last night. Pack and freeman ineffective. 

They had nice we had freeman, he cost 10 times as much as freeman. You get what you pay for. 

Our complete inability to defend seemed to be the issue! We were never going to there and run rampant. 

I've only seen the 'highlights' but Fielding had an absolute mare by the look of it, as did anyone with any defensive responsibility. 

My nan could have waltzed through that defence!

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Don't worry, we'll land one or two in January - like you've mentioned we have to increase the salary we're offering to new players.  We all know it comes down to money, sad but true!

Wish I shared your confidence but if top championship players wouldn't come here when we were supposedly riding a crest of a wave at the end of last season then I'm sure as hell that they won't come here when we're scrapping at the bottom halfway through a miserable season. Bloody hope I'm wrong though!!

Ince looked good last night, but so would any player with the amount of time he had for his goals.

Its alright blaming Pack for giving him so much space, but where the hell was Smith or Bryan to track back and put in a tackle. Even just be a bit streetwise and take a booking for the team.

Why is our keeper constantly getting beat with shots from 20yds plus. It seems a definite weakness of his, was same last season.

Not sure how many bookings our players have but maybe its time some of them actually decided to go in where it hurts instead of standing around and watching other teams players walk past them .

41 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Our complete inability to defend seemed to be the issue! We were never going to there and run rampant. 

I've only seen the 'highlights' but Fielding had an absolute mare by the look of it, as did anyone with any defensive responsibility. 

My nan could have waltzed through that defence!

Is she available ? 

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

What a class player.  Someone tell me why he is not already in the Prem, and just why he remains in our bloody division?

I never want to see him play us ever again....

Oh, but I also want us to buy our own version in January...

Did his old man Paul have any other sons?

I want to see us playing players like him and better every game. If we aspire to get there though improvement is needed throughout the club.

• Admin
40 minutes ago, Super said:

When I first saw it I thought great goal, but watched it again and it's shocking, who attempted the first pathetic tackle?

30 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can't remember, but it was truly woeful, and as for Frankie for the second...

He cut inside Joe Bryan, walked past Freeman, then made Williams look a dick ! - not one of them attempted a tackle or a block !

• Admin

Second goal - we are breaking away with Smith on the ball, for some reason he stops going forward when he gets to the half way line, instead of playing in someone who ran past him, he checks back then gives the ball square to Freeman who gives the ball away cheaply !

Ince then breaks from the half way line and shoots home from 20 yards - what Fielding was doing in goal only he knows, the ball went in past his legs when he was diving to his left ????

Untitled.jpg

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Some neat footwork etc but the chance would never have materialised if we didn't defend like a downs team. 

Don't get me wrong, we should have got a challenge in but it was a decent goal and sometimes a classy player will do that to you.

The others 2 he scored though, we gave the ball away in dangerous areas. (Pack twice?!)

Archived