IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [Contains Spoilers]

The Batman

May as well start it off as I imagine a few otib users may be off to see it over next few weeks.

Going IMAX tomorrow night, I know friends of mine who have tickets for 5 passed midnight tomorrow. Barstewards.

I was concerned it would just be star trek 3 with jj directing it but from what I've seen I am most excited about it.

*spoiler*

(removed)

26 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Can you edit the title to say "spoiler free" or something like that?? 

I've added this to the title as requested, I've also deleted the spoiler from your post, no idea if it was a spoiler as it's as I said, means nothing to me.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've added this to the title as requested, I've also deleted the spoiler from your post, no idea if it was a spoiler as it's as I said, means nothing to me.

:laugh:. Any star wars fan knows it wasn't a spoiler. It's an old joke from one of the old films. 

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

:laugh:. Any star wars fan knows it wasn't a spoiler. It's an old joke from one of the old films. 

Oops sorry, I freely and proudly admit my ignorance. Please feel free to add it again to the thread, I would but can't remember what it was. #whoosh

I'm in Vietnam at the minute but I've checked and it's released on 18th here. Have found a cinema that is showing in English (with Vietnamese subs) and hoping to get in in next couple of days. Haven't booked but unsure what the demand will be like here hoping it will be okay. Pretty hyped up especially after favourable early reviews I have read. I though the director did a good job with Star Trek reboot so high expectations for Star Wars. 

Far too risky to read this thread, I've managed to avoid all trailers and know absolutely nothing about the plot of this film!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY!!!!

The question is, will Darth Vader somehow be resurrected?  I sincerely doubt it, but I hope the writers find a way to bring Lord Vader back!

31 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Far too risky to read this thread, I've managed to avoid all trailers and know absolutely nothing about the plot of this film!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY!!!!

The question is, will Darth Vader somehow be resurrected?  I sincerely doubt it, but I hope the writers find a way to bring Lord Vader back!

There's a stand alone film next year called Rouge 1, which is about getting the plans for the first Death Star. I suspect hell be in that

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

There's a stand alone film next year called Rouge 1, which is about getting the plans for the first Death Star. I suspect hell be in that

Really?  Haven't heard of that at all, but then I have tried to avoid all possible Star Wars related info / spoilers, so not sure why I'm even on this thread!

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Really?  Haven't heard of that at all, but then I have tried to avoid all possible Star Wars related info / spoilers, so not sure why I'm even on this thread!

Rogue 1 even.

Apart from the new trilogy, there's also several stand alone films planned. Disney clearly plan on milking their billion dollar toy, but I have a horrible feeling we might get sick of it.

I'm not a massive fan, but the good lady is. Had to laugh , she's done a great job of avoiding all trailers and clips so far .We went to see the man from Uncle a while ago and she ended up sat in the cinema hands over her ears , eyes closed la la-ing trying to avoid the inevitable coming soon !!

11 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Being forced to go later. Star wars has been ruined for me by the awful prequels. Still, at least this film can't possibly be any worse than those were.

Your not alone and quite correct!

Just seen it and i think the series has been redeemed. Keeping it spoiler free, I'll just say it made me feel like a kid watching a Star Wars movie again.

Just got out the cinema.

Who would have known that jar jar binks was Darth maul's cousin......

OK, that was a joke, it was a good film, but there is a lot of jj Abraham's star trek recycled footage in there. I can see why some of my friends who are die hard fans are not so keen, but it was good. IMAX 3d was superb.

9 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Going to be honest...I really disliked it. I don't think I can quite express my disappointment properly without revealing huge bits of the plot but for me it is now the weakest of all 7 films, and the majority of phantom menace is about intergalactic tax law ffs. 

I know it is all about opinions but episode II has to go down in history as one of the worst films of all time. This film was much better than that in my opinion. To its credit, Episode 1 had the best lightsabre fight out of all the films. Good old renton and ra's al ghul battling the demon from insidious. 

Archived