IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [Contains Spoilers]

The Batman

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Forgot all about BB8 and his stupid recycled WallE voice. WTF was that about. I do also agree that freezing the blaster shot was epic.

Good spot, didn't notice the voice, but now you mention it.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I just kept thinking - stop trying to be Natalie Portman !

Now I've seen all the behind the scenes etc stuff - I'm sick of her stupid smile

Yes, she is sickeningly nice. This was my original gripe with her, been scavaging a living in the desert for years, yet has the complection of a model and still full of enthusiasm!

She's meant to be the opposite to the stroppy emo. I'd be interested in her back story, was she part raised by the old guy at the start? Is this where she got her sense of right from wrong?

This opens up another question, if Finn was raised by the First Order from a baby, how did he know "because it's the right thing to do"?

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

She's meant to be the opposite to the stroppy emo. I'd be interested in her back story, was she part raised by the old guy at the start? Is this where she got her sense of right from wrong?

This opens up another question, if Finn was raised by the First Order from a baby, how did he know "because it's the right thing to do"?

I think he was at least there to watch over her.

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

The force is strong with this one.

Exactly that. 

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I think she's snokes daughter myself. That or Lukes but if she was the later surely Leia and Han would have known who she was 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I think she's snokes daughter myself. That or Lukes but if she was the later surely Leia and Han would have known who she was 

Ah but what if the celebrations on Endor went too far, and Luke knocked up an Ewok. To keep his shameful secret, he drops Ren on Jakku....

But in all seriousness; The memory "trigger" when she first comes into contact with Luke's original light sabre, and R2 activating when she's near by makes me think the Luke daughter theory is likely.

28 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Ah but what if the celebrations on Endor went too far, and Luke knocked up an Ewok. To keep his shameful secret, he drops Ren on Jakku....

But in all seriousness; The memory "trigger" when she first comes into contact with Luke's original light sabre, and R2 activating when she's near by makes me think the Luke daughter theory is likely.

The only thing is Jedi are not meant to fall in love etc - remember rhat from EP2 with Anakin. However maybe that's the real reason he had gone into hiding.. 

I said she was Luke's daughter about half way in. 

The flash back of someone leaving when she was about 5, and her saying "don't go" but you didn't see who it was, makes me think he's her dad. Plus her having the powers she did, and the end, it ended like that ready for the next one, but why would she have gone all that way, and then Luke be there waiting for her if he didn't have something to say to her. 

Disney have given it away. It's been deleted but they have confirmed the following.

Kylo-ren and Rey are cousins.

Announced during some Disney infinity game footage which has surfaced.

From old star wars reading many years ago, I thought Han and Leia had more than 1 child so I thought they would turn out brother & sister. 

3 hours ago, The Batman said:

Disney have given it away. It's been deleted but they have confirmed the following.

Kylo-ren and Rey are cousins.

Announced during some Disney infinity game footage which has surfaced.

From old star wars reading many years ago, I thought Han and Leia had more than 1 child so I thought they would turn out brother & sister. 

The expanded universe is no more, so everything in the books is now considered non-cannon. Which means no Admiral Thrawn, the 3 Solo children ect ect.

Shame really, the Thrawn trilogy was a great read, and would have made a fantastic watch.

Archived