IGNORED

JET on Saturday

Redmycolour

My concern is not clapping the guy when he comes out etc, its what happens if he scores?!

We have struggled for goals as SC has stated twice this week and yet we let JET go and we did not sign Matt Smith. We did not extend Cunninghams contract and sold him to a rival to boot, forcing us to sign other players or play Williams out of position for Joe Bryan a lot to be miffed about!!

I am and will remain a staunch supporter of SC, however it has not been just about our inability to sign players, due what ever reasons, but also about our inability to know we were heading for a cock up of massive proportions without requisite cover until we were completely bu99ered...

This is not SC's fault there were and are people paid to know this sh1t, but SC will get the backlash if JET gets one, of this I have no doubt! 

1 hour ago, Donkeeebles said:

Great player, loved watching him play, Rather pay to watch him over a donkey like Marvin Elliott any day of the week. I will be clapping him for sure.

A donkey like Marvin Elliott? Wow.

Marv nearly played 250 games for us, he deserves more respect than that. His first season here was the best I've EVER seen from a city midfielder. Especially when he had to do all of Lee Johnsons tackling as well!

Granted that first season form was never replicated again but a couple of years later he scored about 10 goals for us (10/11 season?) 

Now, i suggest you take Marv out of that comment and replace with any of Kilkenny/Woolford who really do deserve that sort of tag. 

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

There'd be a few who'd be quite happy if he got the winner.

Yep and they'd all be QPR fans....I just don't get the few on here who really seem to think that some City fans want us to lose at the moment.

Having different opinions on players, transfers, management, board members etc etc does not mean we want our team to lose just to prove a point.

Do you really know fans of our club who'd whoop with delight if a QPR player called Emmanuel-Thomas notched the winner tomorrow?

9 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Great player, loved watching him play, Rather pay to watch him over a donkey like Marvin Elliott any day of the week. I will be clapping him for sure.

You obviously didn't see him in our first season in the championship. What a stupid comment.

12 hours ago, ciderup said:

Are we sure that JET didn't decide to leave and go back to London before any contract was discussed?

Imagine if JET had told the Management that he was going to leave on a free regardless of any offer? I've never read anything that says this is or isn't the truth TBH. Once again, we don't actually know what happened I think.

SC made his mind up about JET within a few weeks of arriving after that JET was never going to figure in long term plans.

7 hours ago, Gilts said:

A donkey like Marvin Elliott? Wow.

Marv nearly played 250 games for us, he deserves more respect than that. His first season here was the best I've EVER seen from a city midfielder. Especially when he had to do all of Lee Johnsons tackling as well!

Granted that first season form was never replicated again but a couple of years later he scored about 10 goals for us (10/11 season?) 

Now, i suggest you take Marv out of that comment and replace with any of Kilkenny/Woolford who really do deserve that sort of tag. 

Kilkenny/Woolford arent idolised like Elliott is. So what if he scored 10 goals, Jet scored about 24 in his first season yet that still wasn't good enough for some.

Terrible footballer who ran round headless most of the time and people loved him for it. We love a worker mind

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

SC made his mind up about JET within a few weeks of arriving after that JET was never going to figure in long term plans.

Wasn't the contract he was on also a major factor? I thought I read that he was supposedly on around £14k and Ipswich were paying half(?). So once that contract was up he would be outside our wage policy and therefore we couldn't afford to keep him.

Pity, always enjoyed watching him play and although he sometimes was a bit anonymous there was always the anticipation that he would produce a bit of game changing magic, and he did on many occasions.

Hope that he doesn't get the chance to do just that tomorrow!

22 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

Kilkenny/Woolford arent idolised like Elliott is. So what if he scored 10 goals, Jet scored about 24 in his first season yet that still wasn't good enough for some.

Terrible footballer who ran round headless most of the time and people loved him for it. We love a worker mind

so you don't think ten goals in a season for a central midfielder is any good? Remind me how many Smith and Pack have this season.

.....it would be interesting to hear Jets thoughts on what's happened so far on the back of last seasons success, where have things gone wrong? were there signs of not alls well even before last season finished? .... How did he think we'd be doing in the Championship by this stage? 

As an outsider with inside experience what does he think should have been done and wasnt and what needs to be done at BCFC now?  ...what should we be planning for January?

Does he have any views or thoughts on what was good/bad within the club when he was here,would he ever consider returning to Ashton Gate, are there people here he'd be happy to work with and for again or would he want to avoid anyone like the plague?

No much chance of him being able to comment on much of this at mo - but -

If you ever write a book one day Jet - hint - theres a whole lotta people in this part of the World who would be itching to buy and read it!

4 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Donke, I am 150% with you on JET. The guy could do no more than he did....He was our only player under SoD, who kept us single handedly in touch with the relegation pack until SC arrived...He went on to continue to score goals and scored loads more in combination with Matt Smith when Agard and Wilbo were out...The guy is shear class being wasted at QPR and to be frank many/most would be delighted to have him here right now as we, outside of Codge, can barely hit a cows ass with a Banjo....I am furious (at least annoyed)  that we didn't offer him a contract and SC alluded to the fact that if we had he would of stayed in his latest interview....Just to emphasize how badly we have cocked things up since last May!....However your choice of Marvin Elliot as a negative comparison is poor I could think of dozens of better/worse ones!  

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

.....it would be interesting to hear Jets thoughts on what's happened so far on the back of last seasons success, where have things gone wrong? were there signs of not alls well even before last season finished? .... How did he think we'd be doing in the Championship by this stage? 

As an outsider with inside experience what does he think should have been done and wasnt and what needs to be done at BCFC now?  ...what should we be planning for January?

Does he have any views or thoughts on what was good/bad within the club when he was here,would he ever consider returning to Ashton Gate, are there people here he'd be happy to work with and for again or would he want to avoid anyone like the plague?

No much chance of him being able to comment on much of this at mo - but -

If you ever write a book one day Jet - hint - theres a whole lotta people in this part of the World who would be itching to buy and read it!

Yes it would be interesting to know what went on but my guess is SC thought he could get better players to fit with his vision. Pelling was tasked with overseeing the identification and we failed to bring in the players required with the exception of Codge...What gets up my nose is we had the guy, we could have offered extension by a year and we would have been covered, but seems Plan A was so ill conceived in the light of Hyper inflation in the Championship due to increased parachute revenue we got completely screwed.

Strangely if I were running the club I would be hiring an agency consultant to ensure we get as much inside knowledge as possible as clearly we the fans and the club (Dawe, Lansdowns, SC Burt and Peling) had no effing clue what we were getting into and I am not sure we still dont!   

15 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Awfully and unnecessarily harsh on Marv, a great servant to this club and always gave 100%. In the season when we were relegated it seemed he was the only one giving it his all. 

Just a shame that he was blighted by injury and with that, his talent diminished. GJ was in part to blame for that, he played him a fair bit when he was injured.

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Donke, I am 150% with you on JET. The guy could do no more than he did....He was our only player under SoD, who kept us single handedly in touch with the relegation pack until SC arrived...He went on to continue to score goals and scored loads more in combination with Matt Smith when Agard and Wilbo were out...The guy is shear class being wasted at QPR and to be frank many/most would be delighted to have him here right now as we, outside of Codge, can barely hit a cows ass with a Banjo....I am furious (at least annoyed)  that we didn't offer him a contract and SC alluded to the fact that if we had he would of stayed in his latest interview....Just to emphasize how badly we have cocked things up since last May!....However your choice of Marvin Elliot as a negative comparison is poor I could think of dozens of better/worse ones!  

Totally agree with you on Jet

The reason I always use Marvin Elliott as a negative comparison with Jet is because to me they are polar opposites as players. I really can't be bothered to get into a long drawn out argument about Elliott as I've done it many times,let's just say for me I felt he was a lucky lad who lived off 1 superb season and a lot of running around achieving not a lot.

Cheers 

5 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Totally agree with you on Jet

The reason I always use Marvin Elliott as a negative comparison with Jet is because to me they are polar opposites as players. I really can't be bothered to get into a long drawn out argument about Elliott as I've done it many times,let's just say for me I felt he was a lucky lad who lived off 1 superb season and a lot of running around achieving not a lot.

Cheers 

I have had a couple of those Long drawn outs over the last few months so, me neither...But don't let the fu ck wits grind you down and keep the faith!

6 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

His 21 goals helped save us from relegation the season before.

He then forged a great partnership or two again proving pivotal to our promotion, yet still people question him and what he achieved, only at this piss pot of a club.

I agree YS... But time for bed!

On 17/12/2015 at 18:57, gordie said:

I will applaud him onto the pitch if he gets on, always did a job for us when he played and gave us some great entertainment, always thought he was a bit under utilised last year and personally thought he would have been a good squad player this season,

On 17/12/2015 at 20:43, Rob k said:

Should still be here, anybody who thinks we would have been worse off with JET in the squad this season is deluded.

another masterstroke by the management team 

Don't think you'd get any body disagreeing that the squad would be better but that's exactly why we haven't still got him or why he wasn't offered a new contract. He would only have been here still as a squad player and he was too expensive for that. I'm glad we didn't waste the quoted figures on him as a squad player and I don't see him as a regular starter as he isn't consistent enough. Can't see how that decision is bad management, in my book it is completely the opposite. I'd be angry if we wasted money on someone who would only have ever been a squad option. Better to spend the money elsewhere in my opinion. 

Archived