IGNORED

Well done

The Journalist

12 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

People of the Atyeo, near the end with the sort of scramble what was the foul against us for? It looked like freeman could score then the pandemonium began. 

Ball landed at their players feet and Kodjia (I think) fouled their player by pulling his shirt so the ball fell to flint who air shot. Definite foul imo,

Absolutely so.

Our first bit of fortune in a while with Austin not playing (especially as his replacement, the 33 was shite), Kodjia should have gone down early on, meaning a penalty to us and them with ten men but we played better first half than in at least one win this season.

They improved second half and we weren't as good, but we plugged away and were well worth our point.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely so.

Our first bit of fortune in a while with Austin not playing (especially as his replacement, the 33 was shite), Kodjia should have gone down early on, meaning a penalty to us and them with ten men but we played better first half than in at least one win this season.

They improved second half and we weren't as good, but we plugged away and were well worth our point.

We said exactly the same...it wasn't a massive contact, and I reckon ref would've bottled it.

ive been saying all season that Kodjia is gonna nick the ball off the keeper or close down a kick....and today he finally did it.

what was ref like in second half (had to leave at ht as Joe felt sick) he gave them so many soft free kicks today.

we were decent first 45.

The team I saw in the red kits today won't get relegated. They could've easily lost but could've easily won it as well. If that team shows up the majority of the second half of the season we will be fine. 

Kodjia was a threat all match and forced some very good saves. Wilbs looked so fresh and energetic. Some good flicks, touches and hold up play. Korey was Korey. Bennett was Bennett. Pack I though had a very strong game and looks to be adjusting to the physical side of the championship. Much stronger on the ball. Baker made some key tackles. Ayling was solid defensively and good with the ball. Thought Flint was quiet but probably because we played so well he wasn't needed as much to clean up. Williams done a good job on Phillips and put in a few crosses. Frank was iffy on distribution and made a mistake that he redeemed by making a save but caught the ball when he should've. 

So who am I missing? Oh yea, Luke Freeman. He was on the pitch today!! What a lovely performance from him today. Not perfect but was dominant today. That Luke Freeman is like a new signing. Fantastic and this from someone who hasn't rated him well in any match this season and been calling for Bobby to get a spell. Well done Luke Freeman. Glad to see you back. Keep it up.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We said exactly the same...it wasn't a massive contact, and I reckon ref would've bottled it.

ive been saying all season that Kodjia is gonna nick the ball off the keeper or close down a kick....and today he finally did it.

what was ref like in second half (had to leave at ht as Joe felt sick) he gave them so many soft free kicks today.

we were decent first 45.

Ref wasn't the best but I'll say he was fairly even. Hard to judge with your heart invested into one team. Thought he could've booked Korey for a foul in the first half but didn't. Thought he was ok. 

Really enjoyed the game today. I thought we played well and did enough to win the game, unfortunately they took their chance. 

Considering the lads took a pasting in midweek, that was an encouraging performance. It was also nice to see Luke Freeman back to his best! 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

we were decent first 45.

Not the worst ref, very very lenient on time wasting but that's standard, sadly.

Gave us two goal kicks second half that were both corners, but bemused, really..

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

So who am I missing? Oh yea, Luke Freeman. He was on the pitch today!! What a lovely performance from him today. Not perfect but was dominant today. That Luke Freeman is like a new signing. Fantastic and this from someone who hasn't rated him well in any match this season and been calling for Bobby to get a spell. Well done Luke Freeman. Glad to see you back. Keep it up.

Freeman was poor again today. He did improve towards the end of the game and put a couple of good crosses into the box but time and time again he was caught in possession, gave the ball away and poor first touch.

There was audible laughter in the Atyeo when he was read out as MOTM.

I'd say the spirit still exists amongst the squad based on today's performance, which indicates the manager still has the players' support. What a great team goal to get us back in it as well.

QPR's goal was still too easy for them though and another edge of the box goal that Frankie couldn't keep out.

I think that was our best performance of the season so far. All our players performed well with Freeman looking more like his old self. Wilbs had a really good game too. There seemed to be much more confidence and hunger about our play. It's just a shame we lacked that cutting edge because we deserved 3 points. I thought we were going to score when the ball was bobbling about in their area near the end, but when they got their goal I feared for the worst so at least it's another point.

Cotts was given a warm reception by the South Stand. It's going be a tough season but it doesn't feel like     like it did at this stage of the last relegation season. Today's game gave me more hope, but we have to start winning games like this.

56 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Freeman was poor again today. He did improve towards the end of the game and put a couple of good crosses into the box but time and time again he was caught in possession, gave the ball away and poor first touch.

Each to their own I suppose, but having only watched the first 45, I thought Freeman was getting back to his best.  He hustled and bustled, and use the ball well, trying to drive into the box when he could.  Much more like it I thought.

Said at about 35 mins , with the chances we had made and missed I hope it didn't cost us. Sure enough , as many times this season, it did. Luckily we managed to get something. I honestly think we deserved , again like many time this season , 3 points.  The first 3 chances they had, we created ! That is something else that has been a theme this year. There is no doubting we can create things but I wish we could hold the ball better. First half we did enough to have won the game by half time, the shooting needs to improve and we need to get clinical . Some of the control is woeful at times, talk about second touch is a tackle ! Of course not helped by some of the passing. That said overall I though we were pretty good, I was worried when their goal went in, heads could have dropped, it took a little while but they turned it around.

One last point (I haven't checked the rest of the forum in case it has been mentioned else where) WTF was the booing of JET ???? He's no maynard is he? Not impressed I must say.

Anyway 3 points after 2 away games is good and 4 points from 2 home games would be fine, and Derby will be a distant memory.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Whether you think he was MOTM or not he was miles better than any other time this season. He was much stronger on the ball. He didn't lose it as much. Was better in tight spaces and played much simpler. The Luke Freeman today was an improved one and that's all you can ask. 

16 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

I didnt hear any booing . JET had a a good reception at the start, again when he came on and again at the end.

Just after he came on and was attacking down our left side there were a few and it was just ridiculous, forget Nicky Maynard, he's not exactly Holloway, is he?

Those who did so should be ashamed of themselves.

Look at how he reacted at the final whistle, a real appreciation of what he did for us and our support of him.

1 hour ago, redfred said:

I'd say the spirit still exists amongst the squad based on today's performance, which indicates the manager still has the players' support. What a great team goal to get us back in it as well.

QPR's goal was still too easy for them though and another edge of the box goal that Frankie couldn't keep out.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes we need another keeper to challenge Frank but I wouldn't blame him for that goal. It was a good strike.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just after he came on and was attacking down our left side there were a few and it was just ridiculous, forget Nicky Maynard, he's not exactly Holloway, is he?

Those who did so should be ashamed of themselves.

Look at how he reacted at the final whistle, a real appreciation of what he did for us and our support of him.

I could not believe there were some idiots booing the player who gave us our only bright spots in a lot of otherwise dreary performances. Alright, he`s moved on, we`ll never know really why but just ******* grow up you knobs.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I could not believe there were some idiots booing the player who gave us our only bright spots in a lot of otherwise dreary performances. Alright, he`s moved on, we`ll never know really why but just ******* grow up you knobs.

Grow up you knobs..........mmmmm

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was ironic. Can you not believe that? 

15 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Ref wasn't the best but I'll say he was fairly even. Hard to judge with your heart invested into one team. Thought he could've booked Korey for a foul in the first half but didn't. Thought he was ok. 

Pretty good ref I thought. He actually allowed players to tackle each other without blowing for a free kick. It was like going back in time. I kept expecting him to blow up for fouls, but he correctly called tackles that won the ball every time. Crowd got annoyed when this was against freeman, but he was consistent. Too many refs see hard tackles as fouls these days, not only does that undermine good defending, it makes the game very disjointed and rewards cheating, I reckon that ref used to play in defence! 

Archived