IGNORED

Septic Sep

Barrs Court Red

13 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

Glass houses and all that! How much did our very own FA spend on inducements (prezzies) to FIFA delegates? The whole world cup bidding process has stunk since the 1970 tournament.

Mulberry Filofaxes weren't to (Sir - eff me!) Jack Warners taste!

i know news is news, but I would love to hear NOTHING more from Blatter or Platini.  Why are we (the media) giving them the opportunity to concoct more lies.  Leave them to fester in jail, once the authorities get involved.

10 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'd take an 8 year FIFA ban for stealing millions.  Why aren't they being prosecuted for fraud and put in prison?

So would most people if that's all you got.

From report on Sky this evening its because the so called FIFA Ethics Committee did not find evidence of bribery or corruption, just no reason for the payment to Platini. But the Swiss lgal authorities continue to investigate... for bribery and corruption.

Mark Palios made a very good point, if it was even in doubt, the £1.3 payment to Platini was never accrued for in the FIFA accounts, for which no explanation has been given

20 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Are you basing this remark on what many in the media are hypothesising? Because that is all it is at the moment; In the event the evidence comes out between now and even up to the eve of the event and its unequivocally damning it would be inconceivable for Russia to stage the event.

Because it is not down to FIFA to send down custodial sentences; the evidence will now be in the hands of the Swiss and US authorities and it will be for them to bring a criminal case.. I suspect it is coming.

Russia will go ahead, too late to change that for practical reasons. All I know is a final in winter in Qatar would kill off the World Cup as a competition. It would therefore be fitting legacy for the evil Swiss git! 

Archived