IGNORED

Septic Sep

Barrs Court Red

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens over the 2018 / 2022 World Cup.  If I were the FA I would be looking at getting 100% of my money back. 

No chance of 2018 not going ahead. 2022 however, we'll see.

With the English and Austrailian FAs suing FIFA, it will be interesting to see what comes out in court.

6 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

So it is essentially been proven that they have accepted bribes? Why on earth are these people not in jail? It seems to me that the rich can always get away with breaking the law.

Of course. Otherwise, what would be the point of being rich?

I think they will get what they deserve, what comes around, goes around!  At least in Sep's case he won't be any position to come back to doing anything in Football as he will be too old, if still alive, after this ban.  Let's hope everything will be sorted out and someone honest and fair will be in charge.

41 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

No chance of 2018 not going ahead. 2022 however, we'll see.

With the English and Austrailian FAs suing FIFA, it will be interesting to see what comes out in court.

Are you basing this remark on what many in the media are hypothesising? Because that is all it is at the moment; In the event the evidence comes out between now and even up to the eve of the event and its unequivocally damning it would be inconceivable for Russia to stage the event.

39 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

So it is essentially been proven that they have accepted bribes? Why on earth are these people not in jail? It seems to me that the rich can always get away with breaking the law.

Because it is not down to FIFA to send down custodial sentences; the evidence will now be in the hands of the Swiss and US authorities and it will be for them to bring a criminal case.. I suspect it is coming.

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Because it is not down to FIFA to send down custodial sentences; the evidence will now be in the hands of the Swiss and US authorities and it will be for them to bring a criminal case.. I suspect it is coming.

I was more alluding to the fact it has been blatantly obvious these chumps have been guilty for a long time now.  I can't help but think that in any other walk of life someone would have gone down by now.  They seem to be able to keep buying time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-ban-sepp-blatter-live-7049326#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$3

This turd decides to show up to the hearing unshaven and with a Elastoplast on his right cheek. As if anybody, anywhere with an honest conscience, would have one iota of sympathy. And the tit has the audacity to talk about respect. What a king sized moron of epic proportions.

And oh look now.. in his own press conference in his hired private room at the 'old' FIFA building so he gives it some 'gravitas' but because its all about him and he has had a shave and changed his shirt... you cannot get more disrespectful than showing up in court unshaven looking like a drop out and then going to your nonsense press conference clean shaven. .. go ---- a duck u ----ing ----head.

It just goes to show exactly what we're dealing with in President Putin who said just five days ago:

"He has always tried to treat football not as a sport but as an element of cooperation between countries and peoples. He is the one who must be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.”

So Russia land the world cup- that sure is  corruption cooperation . 

It does raise the question of whether countries should participate in the '18 or '22 given it seems both were only awarded on bribes and in such corrupt circumstances.

Wouldn't it make you sick participating in a tournament when the organisers are linked to such corruption? I know the players more than likely couldn't give a toss given most still get their crazy wages but from the fans and committees that tried to bid fairly (spending millions) it must just rub salt in the wound.

16 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

And oh look now.. in his own press conference in his hired private room at the 'old' FIFA building so he gives it some 'gravitas' but because its all about him and he has had a shave and changed his shirt... you cannot get more disrespectful than showing up in court unshaven looking like a drop out and then going to your nonsense press conference clean shaven. .. go ---- a duck u ----ing ----head.

He's going to play the old, frail, man routine.. already been in hopsital once.  It's his ticket away from behing behind steel bars.

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens over the 2018 / 2022 World Cup.  If I were the FA I would be looking at getting 100% of my money back. 

I would like to think that Bristol city council also look to have the costs returned as they paid a non refundable deposit on what looks like it was never going to happen.

I would support a boycott to both 2018 and 2022 and still maintain we should leave Fifa if they don't sort their selves out very transparently.

1 hour ago, Collis1 said:

He or Platini have not been suspended for corruption, that was not proved, what they are suspended for was that the payment was not registered in the FIFA accounts. However the FBI will hopefully dig up the evidence to prosecute these disgusting people who want to sell out to China now. 

13 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

I would like to think that Bristol city council also look to have the costs returned as they paid a non refundable deposit on what looks like it was never going to happen.

I would support a boycott to both 2018 and 2022 and still maintain we should leave Fifa if they don't sort their selves out very transparently.

It'd be great if there were a whole group of national sides boycotting world cups for the foreseeable, particularly if it were the higher ranked countries or countries with big fanbases/tv viewing figures for football. I'd be delighted for the Republic to take a stand and not participate (not that we're likely to qualify anyway!)

2 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Glass houses and all that! How much did our very own FA spend on inducements (prezzies) to FIFA delegates? The whole world cup bidding process has stunk since the 1970 tournament.

Absolutely. And who could forget the FAI accepting FIFA's five million Euro "inducement" to go away after the Henry handball play off game? The Associations clearly aren't clean either, but I'd still like to see a boycott.

46 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

He's going to play the old, frail, man routine.. already been in hopsital once.  It's his ticket away from behing behind steel bars.

No question.

Of course.. what he is also doing, intentionally, is to push even more people toward the FIFA exit and defunct door... which in itself is of course a good thing; ie as Van Basten wants to do with Figo and Lineker; commence work on a new Football Federation and that work entails getting at least 4 or 5 of the big nations on board including the Swiss who hold the bank account unless of course those other Govt's simply fund a new one entirely. A hemorrhage is clearly needed... I was speaking to my Bro about the Anguilla Football Federation.. the chief was booted out on corruption charges after FIFA paid for their new stadium.. Marginally worse than the Minimal.. only for him to be re-elected because nobody else stood and the local gov't did not stand in his way.

From a FIFA standing of two off the bottom to those at the top of the tree; if it goes all the way to the 'territory' at the bottom of the pile, and we already know it hits the top, then it likely infiltrates all the way through the 200 or so members.

The whole organisation is corrupt. For the man at the top to have nothing to do with would be pretty unbelievable. 

Fifa needs to be disbanded and a new organisation set up with very tough vetting processes and at all times members should be accountable. As the home of football we should have a leading role in an organisation. I know corruption happens in this country but corruption does seem to be more of a 'foreign' thing. Wouldn't see Brooking Charlton etc involved in this kind of thing. We need people like then leading world football.

Think it's the least and just the start of his problems personally ( And I pray hopefully )

With the 'Feds' getting well stuck in I can't believe he hasn't plenty to worry about

Wont hold my breath on the Swiss doing much

Love to see the smug corrupt lump of lard rotting in an American Jail

Being banned from football - At least Fat Sepp and that slime ball Platini can still watch games at Old Trafford !!! ;)

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-ban-sepp-blatter-live-7049326#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$3

This turd decides to show up to the hearing unshaven and with a Elastoplast on his right cheek. As if anybody, anywhere with an honest conscience, would have one iota of sympathy. And the tit has the audacity to talk about respect. What a king sized moron of epic proportions.

Can't be @sed to listen to him talk, such a doorknob

11 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Listened to some of his press conference on Talk Sport. 

The front of the man is astounding!

He reminds me of the Iraqi information minster.

I see in one TV broadcast tonight he still claims to be innocent and will appeal.

Worse still over the weekend, Vladimir Putin declared "Sepp Blatter should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize as he has done so much to bring nations together".

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/17/sepp-blatter-fifa-putin-nobel-peace-prize

17 minutes ago, 22A said:

I see in one TV broadcast tonight he still claims to be innocent and will appeal.

Worse still over the weekend, Vladimir Putin declared "Sepp Blatter should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize as he has done so much to bring nations together".

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/17/sepp-blatter-fifa-putin-nobel-peace-prize

I think he`s just hoping that FIFA will just pay the two of them to go away and shut up rather than see it drag through the courts for years.

Archived