IGNORED

Does Sir Steve read this Forum?

Bantry Banter

“It’s brilliant for Aaron,” added Cotterill. “He and Jonathan were excellent – now people might know why I play Aaron, because Jonathan Kodjia always plays well as well".
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/we-were-excellent-cotterill-2859061.aspx#HVH5DrX8qBw5YJuF.99

Just wondered if this comment was aimed at some posters on here.

If it is then I think he is missing the point.

I don't believe people have an issue with Wilbs starting. What they do have an issue with is Cotts reluctancy to sub him off when he is clearly blowing out of his ass after 60  mins and replacing him with fresh legs.

Personally I get why he keeps him on for as long as possible, to defend set pieces as much as anything else. However, this does mean we're essentially playing with 10 men when in open play.

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If it is then I think he is missing the point.

I don't believe people have an issue with Wilbs starting. What they do have an issue with is Cotts reluctancy to sub him off when he is clearly blowing out of his ass after 60  mins and replacing him with fresh legs.

Personally I get why he keeps him on for as long as possible, to defend set pieces as much as anything else. However, this does mean we're essentially playing with 10 men when in open play.

This exactly. 

Also one good game a season does not make, consistency is needed.

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Jesus said:

100% does.  I had the username "Steve Landsdown" and was asked to remove the name directly from the man himself. 

That was more to do with the fact nobody wanted any confusion over the names

I believe the request may have come from Mrs Lansdown, I know she used to post / read on here (Hello Mrs L :clapping:)

You would hope SL popped in now and again ,if only to gauge the true fans feelings.Personaly I for one think it's time the club splashed the cash and realised you cannot survive or go forward in the Championship with a team full of division one players ,midfield general a must and a punt on out of favour Matty smith may be a starting point 

Lets be honest - staff from the club stopped reading this forum years ago when they realised that opinions on here don't generally reflect the true fan base.  Its way to knee jerk on here to be considered a worthwhile tool for the club to use. Some key people in the club are active on Twitter so they probably use that more.

If he does then, Steve you are a fine man, have been hugely successful through your career, are a magnificent club owner and one of Bristol's greatest sons.

P.S. I would like a nice new set of Mizuno forged irons for Christmas.

Thank you.

Alan aged 61 3/4.

12 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Apologies for my dyslexia. Your gold star is in the post, however. 

Happy birthday for Friday, as I won't be around later in the week.

P.S. do you still have the gold, frankincense or myrrh or did they go on EBay?

51 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Lets be honest - staff from the club stopped reading this forum years ago when they realised that opinions on here don't generally reflect the true fan base.  Its way to knee jerk on here to be considered a worthwhile tool for the club to use. Some key people in the club are active on Twitter so they probably use that more.

You're completely wrong about both points you made.

Whether SC reads otib I don't know but I suspect he doesn't even know we're here.  Why would he?

Most managers think us fans know very little about the game and disregard those opinions they do either read or hear.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're completely wrong about both points you made.

Whether SC reads otib I don't know but I suspect he doesn't even know we're here.  Why would he?

Most managers think us fans know very little about the game and disregard those opinions they do either read or hear.

I'm not sure which bit of my post you think is wrong?  I certainly don't think SC reads it as you said.

Someone who I know used to be on the payroll of the coaching staff and they once told me that nobody read it.  Albeit he left a couple of years ago and Tomarse says people do so I stand corrected on that point.

8 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I'm not sure which bit of my post you think is wrong?  I certainly don't think SC reads it as you said.

Someone who I know used to be on the payroll of the coaching staff and they once told me that nobody read it.  Albeit he left a couple of years ago and Tomarse says people do so I stand corrected on that point.

Almost everyone with Internet access employed by City read this forum. Although a small percentage of the City fans base use otib the views expressed on here are seen by those employees. 

I know now for a fact that the real Sir Steve and his Dame read this sight regularly. In fact Lady Maggie used to post on here and she might still does under a different username. 

Archived