IGNORED

A question about Glyn Riley

Never to the dark side

Going back when he was with between 1982 and 1987.

On HTV Sport he said his wife had taped over "HIS"  tape of all the goals he had scored for Bristol City

His wife accidently over taped something called "Coronation Street"

Glyn contacted HTV to see if they could get a new tape of all his City goals,

and they duly did.

Can any one recall when this event occured?

Thanks in advance

Guest Malaggro is back

I can remember an article about him when he'd stopped playing and had just started a curtains and soft furnishing business. I reckon that would have been about 1988.

Sorry, don't remember the great VHS fiasco caused by Mrs R.

2 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

I can remember an article about him when he'd stopped playing and had just started a curtains and soft furnishing business. I reckon that would have been about 1988.

Sorry, don't remember the great VHS fiasco caused by Mrs R.

Glad to hear he was able to pull himself together 

Guest Malaggro is back
1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Love the random NTTDS threads :)

ps Glyn Riley ended up living in Kewstoke when he finished playing. Now that really is the dark side!

You are not wrong myol'man.

I know of numerous Kewstoke familes where the children were plagued with rickets for years. No sun from October through to March.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

Hi NTTDS - nice to see you're posting again. You started a thread about this in April 2011. "Califonia Red" (sic) replied that it was a part of a piece HTV West did in the run up to the Wembley final,

CDS

How do you remember something like that ?

Guest Malaggro is back

He was mint.

Score a goal, up on the East End fence celebrating, chaos follows, message in the matchday programme re. behaviour.

Guest Malaggro is back
23 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Yes, but unfortunately Steve Neville only ever had a BetaMax copy :(

Jon Economou had a lazer disc. Bit of a show off about it at the time.

Not so cocky now eh Jon???

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed, and straight back to top form as a thread starter extraordinaire. :yes:

It appears that the Major has dropped the batton.

Just imagine if they were both starting threads at the same time - we couldn't have a more  lethal partnership unless we paired Bas Savage with Peter Styver.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Why not share the link with the answer?

Hate to admit to it but I do remember that. It was part of apiece HTV West did on the run up to the Wembley Final when it turned out that Glyn Riley's misses had taped Eastenders or something over his goals video tape!

3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Any chance you could find out when the VHS fiasco happened in that case??!

3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Any chance you could find out when the VHS fiasco happened in that case??!

apparently it was his first season 82/83 it was the christmas his wife was due to have his first daughter ... 

Signed by Terry Cooper from Barnsley. A BCFC legend a forward that scored goals and always gave 100% that is what made him a fans favourite. I remember when he left us and went to Aldershot and when they played against us at Ashton Gate, the referee booked him and all the City fans booed the ref. Not long after he gave up football and said it was never the same after leaving us. He then moved to Weston and opened a curtain business with his wife.

16 minutes ago, John Galley said:

Signed by Terry Cooper from Barnsley. A BCFC legend a forward that scored goals and always gave 100% that is what made him a fans favourite. I remember when he left us and went to Aldershot and when they played against us at Ashton Gate, the referee booked him and all the City fans booed the ref. Not long after he gave up football and said it was never the same after leaving us. He then moved to Weston and opened a curtain business with his wife.

One of my heroes. Didn`t he also say something about the welcome he got when he came back to AG as well? IIRC the whole ground stood and applauded him off the pitch.

I loved Glyn too (also in a manly way). His passion for the club was amazing.

Bunked off school once to go to Bolton away on a Tuesday night. Burnden Park was massive and felt like I was a long way from the pitch. Couldn't tell him apart from Neville. We won 4-1 and I knew all 4 goals were scored by a combination of Neville/Riley. Didn't know until next day it was Neville 3 Riley 1, although the man of the match voting on coach 2 should have given me a big clue, even though I voted Riley.

Archived